Skip to content

Post if you just pre-ordered!

gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
Just pre-ordered a copy for myself and a buddy! So Excited for September!

http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition

"Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition launches September 18th! Pre-purchase to save $2, receive a special badge on the Baldur's Gate Forums, and preload the game ahead of everyone else!

Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur's Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer role-playing games ever since.

Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition™ includes the entire Baldur's Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure, and three new party members: The Calishite Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, Neera the Wild Mage, and Dorn Il-Khan, the evil blackguard.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition contains the following enhancements:

New Adventure: The Black Pits
New Character: Dorn Il-Khan
New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
A new collection of player character voice sets
Native support for high resolution widescreen displays
Over 400 improvements to the original game
Improved multiplayer support, with connectivity between all platforms

Visit the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition website to learn more!"
Post edited by gfm50 on
Cuvskyline818ShapiroKeatsDarkMagelordkimAkerhonGarmSamielCameronToferAlparonLediathAntonDLite

Comments

• gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    i just pre-ordered. i'm so excited for this game.
    It's also just so cool that this game series still has such a dedicated and vibrant community after all these years.
    trinit
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    I pre-ordered just a few minutes ago. It's a very good price for the amount of content offered. (Nevermind that I already have the original game, eh)
    Garm said:

I pre-ordered just a few minutes ago. It's a very good price for the amount of content offered. (Nevermind that I already have the original game, eh)

Totally agree. I have to admit though, I would have been more than happy to pay more just to help support the development of revamping isometric RPG games going forward.

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    This topic ruined the clock excitement!! :p
    lordkim
  • QuasaduQuasadu Member Posts: 6
    Preordered. Haven't been this excited about a new game in years, and it's not even a NEW game. :D
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Preordered !!!! God dammit ! Huuuhaaaa!
    Pre-Ordered of course, would anyway even without the discount.

The pictures look awesome!!!

BTW- you should put a BIG SPOILER WARNING in the title, at least for an hour :)
    lordkim
    edited July 2012
    mch202 said:

Pre-Ordered of course, would anyway even without the discount.

BTW- you should put a BIG SPOILER WARNING in the title, at least for an hour :)

Oops. My bad, sry everyone. Just put spoiler warning. I was too excited to think clearly =].
    mch202
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    pre-ordered and signed.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    mch202 said:

The one with the forest cabin does, indeed. Another dungeon screenshot is also okay. The rest, I have to say, not so much. Please, I'm no hater or anything, but the backgrounds look damned blurry and strangely "soft"... much unlike the original ones.

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I did it!
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I think I've spent too much money on games this month. So I'll think about it a bit before jumping onboard.
    paulsifer42DiscoCatElectricMonkAndreaColombo

mch202 said:

The one with the forest cabin does, indeed. Another dungeon screenshot is also okay. The rest, I have to say, not so much. Please, I'm no hater or anything, but the backgrounds look damned blurry and strangely "soft"... much unlike the original ones.

I dont intend to take a magnifying glass and analyze each pictures, so far the the pictures look great in my opinion and thats what counts for me.

• SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    It's rare that I say this, but It's my pleasure to pre-order this game, because it's a great game and to support the developers who clearly care more about great games than how much they can milk my wallet.
    Coriandermch202
    Must say that Its the best 18$ I spent for many months...
    lordkimsirthaddaeusSirBuliwyf
  • sirthaddaeussirthaddaeus Member Posts: 41
    mch202 said:

Must say that Its the best 18$ I spent for many months...

Damn straight!

• SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    pre-ordered !
  • LuciferLucifer Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    I've been playing Diablo sense release, and while I love the game, it has its challenges.

I found out about this site and Baldur's Gate rebirth while I was in the Beta for Diablo and I am dieing for the release.

Thank you for refreshing and re-releasing this game. ;) Kuddo's
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I'd never thought I'd ever pre-order a game, but well, a remake of Baldur's Gate, yeah, I want to support it from the get-go.

Nice to see it will be a big side-adventure, though I'm a bit worried about getting to much xp for the fights in the final chapter(s) to become to easy. And yes, the backgrounds look a bit soft indeed.
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    I'm pretty sure they'll take into account the extra xp and tweak the fights to match... if it needs tweaking.. Otherwise why called it enhanced?
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Wow, those screenshots look great! Far better than I had expected after the lost art assets. I'm going to pre-order it right now. Very excited for this!
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    Shin said:

^This
    mch202paulsifer42
  • TrebrTrebr Member Posts: 6
    ^ That exactly!
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    Just got it!
    Holy s***t thought I was going yo make it!
    Konabuga said:

Wow, those screenshots look great!

Did not even see the screens! This was such a great buy!

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    What I'm looking forward to, is being able to play a Monk and a Wild Mage, without having to create one as player character. Now thanks to Beamdog we can try out these characters as BG1 NPC's!
    paulsifer42
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Won't be able to Pre-order until Monday I'm afraid. But when Monday comes, Imma firing mah money. BWAAH!
    paulsifer42
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Have done it of course!

If the game looks like the screenshots do promise also in higher resolutions with being more easily visible also for eye glass users... or people without the ability of "pixel hunting" - i will be perfectly fine :D

And now.. lets bring in some fun :)

I feel suddenly the need to start a big party Event :D