Skip to content

Creating an entire party

MikeMcGuireMikeMcGuire Member Posts: 10
I remember controlling a party of six custom characters when I played this back in the day. Is there any way of doing this with BG:EE? If so, how?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yeah, just start a multiplayer game and give yourself control of all the characters.
  • MikeMcGuireMikeMcGuire Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    I remember being able to do this when I played BG back in the day. Can it be done in BG:EE?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AmeraAmera Member Posts: 29
    Start a multiplayer game, make your party. Then swap the save into the normal save folder. It still works fine.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    What happens if you kick one of them out of your party?
  • AmeraAmera Member Posts: 29
    They stand there in place waiting for you to pick them back up like most other NPCs.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Thanks for the reply @Amera! :)
  • Also you can copy the save game from the multiplayer folder to the normal save folder to play it as a single player game. Don't know if it will affect thinges if you leave your npc's though as I have never played around with kicking them out.
    How can I do that on an iPad?
  • TheSwamperTheSwamper Member Posts: 21
    It's really not necessary to copy the game from the multiplayer folder.
    First, create 6 characters, exporting each.
    Then, start a multiplayer game.
    Import each of the characters, and you're good to go.
    After that, all you have to do is select multiplayer/connect/start game/load game, and your multiplayer saved games are all there. Click the check mark for each character and you're off.
    Thanks, TheSwamper. That gets me started, but I now get stuck outside of Candlekeep. Imoen wants to join the party and I can't say no, which means the screen forces me to remove one of my characters (which I don't want to do). I played "multiplayer" back in the day, bt perhaps I switched the save game as suggested above and played in single-player mode. My problem now is that I don't know how to make that transfer on an iPad.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    What are the advantages of moving the save game? I always wanted to create a charname buddy or two but was always annoyed with the pause delay. Does it remove that?
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    @MikeMcGuire you probably can using iExplorer or something like it, also you can just kick Imoen out on that selection screen you mentioned.

@ReadingRAmbo the advantage of moving it is so that all the mutliplayer ui is gone, some people don't mind (see Gamehoarders LP). Also in multiplayer pausing has a delay between when you put it on and when you take it off, so it can be really annoying if you pause a lot (whoops didn't read your question properly) - YES it does remove it.
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    @TheSwamper You don't need to create every character seperatly, you just create them all and start playing, or did I misunderstand your point?
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Wow that sounds really awesome! I think I might make a buddy that grew up with charname and Imoen to round out my party finally :) the multiplayer ui and pause delay was always the reason I disliked doing so before
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    Hmm is it also possible to remove the multiplayer ui on ipad? cause that would be awesome.
  • TheSwamperTheSwamper Member Posts: 21
    @Aegir, I created every character as I said. One at a time (it took me quite a while to get 6 decent sets of stat rolls). I don't own an I-anything, so I've no idea.

@MikeMc, my advice for when you encounter an in-game companion who wants to join:
    - Kick out one of your own guys (they will just stand there).
    - Let them join.
    - Take their stuff (this is especially important if you want the gem bag that Neera has)
    - Kick that companion out
    - Have your own guy rejoin.