Skip to content

Original Artwork - Imoen

NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
edited November 2013 in Fan Creations
I had originally just made this to use as a portrait in my game, but I figured I'd share. It's just my own personal taste of how I imagine Imoen.

I know she's typically portrayed in pink or purple, but I have her in 'Shadow Armor' so that's why I went for black.

Post edited by Nixxi on
RythgarMoomintrollJason_SilverainreedmilfamSwordsNotWordsIlphalarajwzmch202SouthpawArmanciaLuthfordsandmanCCLAwong124smartroadSigfenmilSCARY_WIZARDAkerhonAedanBelgarathMTHMartySilverbladeRhinjavarDriftwoodZanianKietzelRiolathelPhyraxschneckkadrizztIchigoRXCShellyKlonoalunarGrandeCazuritShYarivrufus_hobartBlakes7OoglioknacktidAHFCronoIgnohusmusflusCoutelierSam_[Deleted User]EleutherosCuChoinneachSirK8CoM_SolaufeinDrugarzwadekYovanethNifftNocturneNtoanwrathDeucetipherBeetleKilivitzReadingRamboEvinfuiltNonnahswriterDexterdeltagoFina92MarcusEStargazer5781DjimmyHerrderGezeitenFenghoangneleotheszeMoradinIvanhoeZeckultyrant009powerfulallySyntia13SophiaMortiannaalnairStarflower2525AkihikoBladeDancerkaguanaTethorilofLathanderetaglocMalicronJuliusBorisovMarkyRadwulfmfr001QueynosHamsterOfBoocervannteslaptopman666GamingFreakPietroskijCrevsDaakTaffyNihilusNecomancerIseweinPermidion_Stark

Comments

• RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    Fantastic work. Would love to see more!
    toanwrath
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Very nice! Did you choose the purple background to reference her normal colours?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I really like this piece! Colors don't necessarily work with the portrait schemes, so I don't know if I'll replace Im with it. Still, it's fantastic.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Imoen needs more protein in her diet.
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    Amazing work :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    That is seriously awesome.
    Are you a professional artist?

Also, that's the kind of outfit I like to imagine viconia wearing.
    toanwrath
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited December 2012
    Amazing Work!!
    Post edited by mch202 on
  • NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
    Thank you for all the remarks.
    Rythgar said:

I'm also working on one for Viconia atm. I'll probably put that one up too when it's finished.

Very nice! Did you choose the purple background to reference her normal colours?

Yep, I wanted to at least get some purple in there.

ajwzIchigoRXCCrevsDaak
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Nixxi said:

Thank you for all the remarks.

Rythgar said:

I'm also working on one for Viconia atm. I'll probably put that one up too when it's finished.

Yep, I wanted to at least get some purple in there.

Oh god please do one for viconia :3
    IchigoRXCSCARY_WIZARDtoanwrathCrevsDaak
    edited December 2012
    ajwz said:

That is seriously awesome.
    Are you a professional artist?

I am, but mostly graphic design.
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    @Nixxi Sweet. I believe I would pay for art of this quality to add to the game.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Nixxi - big kudos. Awesome work. Please add more. I'd pay for such quality art to use in the game too.
  • KaterinaKaterina Member Posts: 94
    @Nixxi

More, MOre, MORe, MORE, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEE lol beautiful picture I love it please could you add more artwork.
    reedmilfamFina92CrevsDaak
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    I am frequently blown away by the talent of people I've seen here on the forums. Good on you, @Nixxi. Excellent rendering.
    reedmilfamMoomintrollDrugarCrevsDaak
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    That is incredible. She is strangely alluring.
    reedmilfamMoomintroll
    Awong124 said:

That is incredible. She is strangely alluring.

Without being slutty. Seriously good stuff. I have no artistic talent, so all I can do is be impressed without contributing :(
    Unless we want stick figure Imoen
    I think Nixxi needs to make a deviant art page!
    Awong124Rythgar
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    In the light of this, an Imoen romance seems less of a terrible idea.
    Awong124

Other than the fact that she's your sister. But I'd overlook that point if she looked like that.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Awong124 said:

Other than the fact that she's your sister. But I'd overlook that point if she looked like that.
    Half - Sister...

and from the father - god side, since gods dont have gene pool, you have 100% different genes than Imoen, which makes it...

Valid

mch202 said:

Awong124 said:

Half - Sister...

and from the father - god side, since gods dont have gene pool, you have 100% different genes than Imoen, which makes it...

Valid

We can keep telling ourselves that to make us feel better...
    Seriously. Just because the player finds Imoen attractive, character shouldn't. He's (or she) known her for too long and it's a friendship. Meta-wise, you know she's a sister. Don't do the 'chromosome technicality' thing.

Not as bad as those wanting a DA2 Bethany romance, but really?

"Oh. I can change any portrait to make any character hot. Now she is hot. Want want." Allow me to try and contain the eye-rolling...
    MoomintrollMalicron
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    Katerina said:

@Nixxi

More, MOre, MORe, MORE, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEE lol beautiful picture I love it please could you add more artwork.

I would love to see more of the great goodness that is Nixxi's artwork. So would Boo. Wouldn't you, Boo, you cute little giant mini-hamster, you? Yes, you would. Hamsters, Rangers and Artists everywhere, REJOICE!
    Moomintroll
    @Nixxi - as I said before - great work. But...I can't seem to not notice that her right thigh is double the size than her left thigh. Her left thigh seems atrophed...
    Not a biggie, but a bit disturbing the artistic sense in me.

anyway, keep up the good work
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    edited December 2012
    @Southpaw It makes sense that her right thigh is bigger, since it's both the one in the front and it's seen from the side, not the front. Whether it's slightly too big is debatable.

Anywhoes; fan-freakin-tastic work there Nixxi. I love that alluring outfit coupled with the adorable facial expression.

Oh, and also @Nixxi what tools did you use to make this? It's more eerily realistic than anything I can do with Daz Poser and the like.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    Better than the original in my opinion!
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

I appreciate the interest in seeing more. I'll post more stuff soon. Viconia should be done in a few days. I'm really busy over the holidays season, so side projects are moving a bit slow atm.

@reedmilfam - I actually did set up a Deviant page a while back but I just got frustrated and gave up on it. I kept having problems getting things to upload. I'm currently working on getting a personal website up instead.

@Southpaw - @Zanian nailed it. Thighs generally look thicker from the side and her right leg is turned and slightly forward. That's further exaggerated in thicker pants. When the thigh moves away from the hips, the pants' inner and back thigh decides it still wants to hang out in the butt/crotch area and creates a kind of tent effect that creates open space between the skin and the inside of the pants. It's meant to make the pants look more like real leather pants that you can move in as opposed to spandex.

@Zanian - I mostly work with a wacom pen tablet and Photoshop when painting. I focus a lot on small details and layering/blending techniques for lighting/shadowing to add more realism.

Also, the Imoen romance debate was a riot.
    @Nixxi - aye, I know thighs look bigger when turned to side and smaller when facing towards, but this (left) one seemed too thin. I get it. Imoen is skinny (and sexy).
    You obviously can't get fat in Candlekeep, with just monks around. (Not even in the Elven Arse inn. Winthorp is a cheapskate.)
    actually, looking at how long she is, I wonder if it gets compressed a little (vertically), if the picture dimensions might work for those that want a thicker look. Then again, best to leave original artwork dimensions how they were - out of respect for the artist (unless adjusting just enough to make 210x330 image for BG portraits!