Skip to content

Future npcs

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited December 2012
    I'd like to see a dwarven bard. Kicked out of his mountain for playing his horn too loudly. Looking for a patron who will finally appreciate his musical vision.

he's been kicked out of a lot of taverns.

consequentially I'm thinking maybe a dual class... started off a bard an now good with his fists, so a monk?

Skald would do, I'm sure the above wouldn't be possible.

Maybe his story can be that he's being pursued by a gaggle of fanatical halfling fans, but he isn't interested in them because he's a massive racist. The fool! perhaps the love of a good charname can make him see sense (but only if you're a female dwarf wizard slayer with 17 charisma minimum)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    With the limitation of 6 NPC's, new ones don't appeal to me. Save the good ideas for BG3 (4,5,6,7,8...) sez me
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Quartz said:

Dazzu said:

My big problem with Kivan is that the guy gives off this silent hunter who won't take your shit type vibe... which is great! The mod however makes him overly wordy and he really chimes in everywhere.

Are Aerie and Jaheira having a random party chat? In pops Kivan to break the momentum!

The dialogue is also very "elf this and elf that." It gets really jarring when a guy whose select dialogue is "Don't bother me!" won't stop bothering YOU!

Wow, you just about summed up everything wrong with that otherwise good mod really well. Those were my exact issues. Read my mind.
    Actually, I left out the biggest WTF of it all: everything about Deheriana! The whole thing is... even Minsc and Jahiera aren't grieving that intensely!
  • ValchistValchist Member Posts: 44

I don't want another romance option for male characters, you already got Viconia, Jaheira, Aerie, Dorn and Neera. Why do the female characters get? Rasaad, Anomen and Dorn. Talking about fair.

wow a whole gap of one and if u are not gay they are even + all the female romances are casters that cant melee very well with the exception of jaheira who ok in melee and cant romance most the races

• rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I hope they add more to BG2 EE, in addition to the current three. One of the things I love about BG is its huge cast.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2012
    Yeah the romance options aren't a real concern for me.. it's the small number of NPCs to pick from. Hopefully the three from BG:EE will make it in the second one as well as 1-2 more
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Jalily said:

I don't want another romance option for male characters, you already got Viconia, Jaheira, Aerie, Dorn and Neera. Why do the female characters get? Rasaad, Anomen and Dorn. Talking about fair.

Who says a female love interest has to be (just) for male characters? ;)
    I never said anything about adding a female npc as a romance option couldn't also be for female player characters. I just said that there are enough romance options for male characters already.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Actually, a male mage of some sort and then a dedicated lesbian (perhaps fighter, though that might be playing too much to type) would be interesting additions to even out the romance options. Actually, a bisexual woman that can go either way, and 2 more male additions (mage and a thief?) to the female character romance options sounds even better. Then again, I'm all about options so I'd be up for five or six new romances for either gender. At some point I guess you've got to draw the line, but I think that line could be further out than it is now.
  • dhansen5dhansen5 Member Posts: 12
    I've had this thought for a mod for a while. If something like this already exists, please let me know. (I rarely play evil parties, and may have missed this even if was part of the original game.

I would like to see an evil dual assassin-cleric added that wants nothing more than to lead you from your earliest steps from Candlekeep to ascension and claim the role of the new Lord of Murder, so he/she can be your high priest(ess). It would have to be an extremely jealous romance-able character. This person would basically do anything, including selling his/her soul, to get you to follow this path. They'd have a heavy-handed approach to any potential love rivalry, including assassination, and particularly if they could get you to perform the assassination.

Sarevok kind of does this on TOB, but he's pretty passive about it.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, just haven't seen it. Just a thought.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Another new character? Personally, another one would just give me another headache in managing party slots; I would just want them to flesh out the 3 new characters in the sequel. But if they must, my vote is to have a new sorcerer teammate. There are a little too many of every class, but none for a sorcerer. May sound unfair, but a romanceable female one. ;p
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Just a thief. A single class thief. I don't care if its a swashbuckler, plain, or assassin. If he is human and has the stats to dual to something else, great. If not, thats fine too, just let us choose to do it ourselves (Like Yoshimo). Oh, and preferably this thief doesn't die in Spellhold, that would be a plus for sure.

How does "Errol Il-Khan" sound for a Half Orc Swashbuckler?
  • GruloGrulo Member Posts: 109
    Give us a female Pureblood Yuan-Ti assasin (Evil of course)
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    @Grulo Make it neutral, and I'm all for it ;)
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited December 2012
    Who is this Saerileth I hear about? From what I gather, a romanceable 15-year-old female Paladin? Is there any more to it than the rather obvious implications? (I''ll leave that just a bit subtle and open-ended so as not to offend anyone, though it should be obvious). Also I hear something about Chloe?

Since many mods have been discussed here, I'd like to say that I have only ever tried out two character mods (well three, but one didn't function properly): Gavin the Cleric (a chill guy, used him with my Tutu Cavalier once he was in BG2), and Tyris Flare the Fighter/Mage (she was saucy, but I started to ignore her banters after a bit). Solaufein mod seems odd, Kivan mod seems unncessary (I don't think it makes much sense for even MORE of the Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs to just HAPPEN to be in Athkatla, unless that one involves him being in your end game BG1 party, in which case nevermind).

As for NPCs that can break racial/class restrictions, I would love to see Mazzy as a Paladin (probably can't/won't be done). For new NPCS, I would like a female dwarf or half-orc, a male dwarf that doesn't suck like Korgan, a half-orc Wizard (just to prove them wrong), a Dwarf or half-orc cleric, and perhaps a halfling or gnome bard (or any combination of the genders/races above; basically, an NPC that disregards human supremacy).

As for new NPCs that DON'T break restrictions, I would like to see a female single class thief (or possibly dualed from Fighter if human? That would be nifty), preferably Swashbuckler. I would also enjoy to see a dwarf that isn't Korgan, a single class good cleric, since we have never had one yet, and perhaps a Barbarian of some kind (Halfling would be awesome, so would Dwarf).

Also, an evil thief would be cool in any of these situations (but I would also like a good thief with that one, just add more thieves), or just more evil characters in general. BG2 is very limited in PURE EVIL (Edwin, Viconia, Sarevok, Korgan...that's about it...)
  • karpaszkarpasz Member Posts: 74
    Warlocks. Nuff said.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited December 2012

With the limitation of 6 NPC's, new ones don't appeal to me. Save the good ideas for BG3 (4,5,6,7,8...) sez me

That's why you play it again, and again, and again, ad infinitum. ;) If you haven't complete both games at least 10 times you can't even call yourself a fan! :D

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2012
    toanwrath said:

I would also enjoy to see a dwarf that isn't Korgan, a single class good cleric, since we have never had one yet

Actually... there's Yeslick in the first game. I only ever met him for the first time myself the other day mind you, heh. Lawful Good Dwarf Cleric, with reasonably good stats iirc. Noticed elsewhere in your post you don't particularily want more BG1 character recycling though, just saying, there was this one dwarf cleric once ;)
    Messi said:

If you haven't complete both games at least 10 times you can't even call yourself a fan! :D

:(
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    A new female fighter-type would be interesting. Pure, Multi or Dual doesn't bother me. The Baldur's gate series only has 2 female fighters (Shar-teel & Mazzy) and 1 fighter/duid (Jaheira).

The extant characters pretty diverse from a personality standpoint but arguably each of them could be a bit more, um, "nuanced".
    How about a triple class character. Who'd ever use them?
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    @Dazzu If the character has a compelling enough persona, I'd play them if they were a commoner. A triple-class character would at least be flexible. Admittedly I wouldn't play one myself for a serious game, but as an NPC? Yeah, sure, if they have a cool voice/persona/quest line or something redeeming (being funny counts).
    edited December 2012
    Things BG2 lacks:

1) Male Elf NPCs
    2) A pure thief NPC
    3) Evil NPCs (only got Viconia, Edwin, Korgan, Dorn and Sarevok (ToB)

It is pretty obvious then what new NPC we need: an evil male Elf Assassin
    Grulo said:

Things BG2 lacks:

1) Male Elf NPCs
    2) A pure thief NPC

BG2 don't have any evil halflings or good Dwarves. Maybe it should be a good Dwarf Shashbuckler!
    edited December 2012
    Dazzu said:

Grulo said:

Things BG2 lacks:

1) Male Elf NPCs
    2) A pure thief NPC

BG2 don't have any evil halflings or good Dwarves. Maybe it should be a good Dwarf Shashbuckler!
    You already got Montaron and Yeslick in BG1. But an evil male elf thief? Nope. Not in BG1, BG2 or ToB.

edit: i love the Dwarf Swashbuckler idea though.

edited December 2012
    We have male elf thief in Coran though. You're muddying your own arguement now.
    Dazzu said:

We have male elf thief in Coran though. You're muddying your own arguement now.

Coran is good and not a pure thief. He is multi-classed.

• JustariusJustarius Member Posts: 43
    Female halfling swashbucker - manic pixie comediene
    Romance option for all the short races, both genders (because getting a romance option for each is unlikely)
    Chaotic neutral alignment with the option to move it towards good or evil.

That would cover a lot of the missing options in BG2
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I would like to see an assassin from Calimshan. http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=4740.0 hint, hint.

Deadly, efficient and quick.

That aside I would like to see some races and/or classes that haven't been used yet in the game. Gnomes? Female dwarves? A dwarf that isn't evil but full of honor and is not scared to die in battle. One of the bard classes since they haven't been used much. The list goes on and on. Good ideas in this thread.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Grulo said:

Zevran FTW :-)