Skip to content

System requirements

More86More86 Member Posts: 13
edited July 2012 in Mac OS X (Archive)
Will the game support an older Macbook with GMA950 card?

Comments

• PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    If it runs the Mac App Store, it will run the game.
  • RegretZeroRegretZero Member Posts: 8
    Darn, @PhillipDaigle, you beat me to it.

Seriously, any computer I can possibly imagine somebody still using will be able to run the game.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    I think that I will install this jewel on each of my device. ^^
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2012
    Will it be to our advantage to have Mountain Lion installed? Will you be taking advantage of any of the new features in Lion or Mountain Lion? For Example iCloud, Full Screen, Game Center, etc.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    We hope to take advantage of all the features you mentioned.
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    The Mac OS doesn't have the Mac App Store before Lion. So if you're on leopard... upgrade!!! (also, worth it).
  • MaruMaru Member Posts: 56
    Please make it trackpad-friendly
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289

The Mac OS doesn't have the Mac App Store before Lion. So if you're on leopard... upgrade!!! (also, worth it).

Snow Leopard, actually. (10.6.8)
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    @FuzzyPuffin Sorry--- I skipped Snow Leopard, was a poor college student at the time :/
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

I regret to inform Mac users that both the G4 and G5 are unsupported. I know you just bought your machine a scant 6 years ago, but we're a forward thinking company and we demand our customers have bleeding edge hardware.

Okay, the way you worded that was just perfect, I about died laughing.

Good to know any how!

• deathtoelvesdeathtoelves Member Posts: 7
    It's going to be awesome to have a game at *almost* the same time as the PC users.
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    @Risingsun as PC user I must ask: is the new Full Screen feature what I think it is?
    @powerfulally It's just Apple's API system for putting easily implemnting Fullscreen and Spaces support into a number of applications that let you switch between Apps and Spaces easily with a mouse or with gestures on your trackpad.

http://support.apple.com/kb/

Even if they dont use this method specifically, I'm sure you will still be able to make the game fullscreen and Tab in and out of it at will, at least I hope so.
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    So every time you want to play on mac you have this bar at the top of the screen?
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289

So every time you want to play on mac you have this bar at the top of the screen?

No. The menu bar is hidden.

Lion's fullscreen mode doesn't work with games though, because every time you would bring your cursor to the top of the screen your menu bar would appear. It'll be a regular fullscreen app like any other game, hopefully with the ability to alt-tab.
    edited July 2012

No. The menu bar is hidden.

Lion's fullscreen mode doesn't work with games though, because every time you would bring your cursor to the top of the screen your menu bar would appear. It'll be a regular fullscreen app like any other game, hopefully with the ability to alt-tab.
    Yeah fuzzy is right. I was just talking about what Fullscreen generally means for apps on OS X.

I'm sure BGEE will support real fullscreen and easy tab switching or switching from full-screened mode to windowed with a command key. Blizzard is the example of how to do this right on OS X, because unfortunately all games don't do it, and sometimes the ones that do don't do it well.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

I regret to inform Mac users that both the G4 and G5 are unsupported. I know you just bought your machine a scant 6 years ago, but we're a forward thinking company and we demand our customers have bleeding edge hardware.

Hey so it means Motorola 68000 based Macs are in? :)
  • ArthursilverbladeArthursilverblade Member Posts: 112
    edited August 2012
    Hi, i don't understand very well requirements for mac osx, i ask directly and hope anyone can help me :)
    I have this macbook:
    MacBook (13-inch Mid 2007) Serial Number: xxx
    ----------
    Model: MacBook2,1
    Processor: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Numero di processori: 1
    Numero totale di nuclei: 2
    Cache L2: 4 MB
    [Memory: 1 GB] update
    Graphics: Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory
    Velocità bus: 667 MHz
    Versione Boot ROM: MB21.00A5.B07
    Version SMC (sistema): 1.17f0
    Numero di serie (sistema): xxx

I change memeory, now 4GB, and a hard disk with SSD
    Now lion works perfecly and general speed is better then a Macbook pro 2011 with HDD

Can i play BGEE on my Mac?
    thx
    Marco
    Post edited by Arthursilverblade on
  • oldsch00loldsch00l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 192
    If you have Lion installed then you have the Mac App Store then you can run BG :-)

In fact every Intel mac can run BG since the Mac App Store is available on OS X 10.6.8 which only requires Intel processor Mac.
    ok, thx you ;)
    @Arthursilverblade
    Just a quick tip, its probably best not to post your hardware serial number on forums or anywhere else for that matter. Since its a unique identifier for your hardware that is tied to your Apple ID as well. Just better to be safe than sorry.
    edited August 2012
    @Risingsun
    Thx mate ;)
    done
  • Mike_StefanMike_Stefan Member Posts: 3
    Silly question... I used to play BG2 on my PC back in 2000 and loved it... and hearing it's being ported to Mac is seriously good news :) I bought my MacBook Pro in 2007, and im still running Mac OS X 10.5.8. Will i be able to play it or do I need to upgrade (from what I can see on other forums, I can upgrade to Snow Leopard but no further
    @Mike_Stefan As long as it's not a PPC Mac it should run BG EE with no problems.
    @minevese - thanks. Whats PPC? My Mac is Macbook Pro 2.4 Ghz with Intel Core Duo and 2 GB Memory. Currently i'm running Leopard I think. I suspect I will be ok from a system hardware perspective, I was more concerned about the OS and whether I should buy Snow Leopard (its about £50)
    It's an Intel Mac then. As long and it can access the AppStore you're good to go.
    So this won't be available to buy on CD / DVD then?
    edited August 2012
    No it won't. It's an App store exclusive for Macs, Beamdog exclusive for Windows. It's discussed in some threads in the forum.