Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• ivmivm Member Posts: 2
    Will this be available on Steam? if so I'd prefer to wait, specially since games support multiplatforms on Steam. Also, If I pre-purchase the PC version would I be able to play it on Mac or do I need a second purchase to do so?
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Ill
    ivm said:

Will this be available on Steam? if so I'd prefer to wait, specially since games support multiplatforms on Steam. Also, If I pre-purchase the PC version would I be able to play it on Mac or do I need a second purchase to do so?

Ill expect that you have to have Windows or other OS on your Mac to play the PC version.

• PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    FAQ has been updated to include those questions.
  • stecavastecava Member Posts: 24
    another question: multiplayer mode is like a Party VS Party mode? or if is not like that how is the gameplay?
    It's the cooperative mode from the original game, but working properly. Party vs Party is something we're talking about for an update.
    So if i understand right, in multiplayer we can play the main story in coop mode right?
  • ArundorArundor Member Posts: 7
    After the initial download, can the installer be used offline? In other words, if Beamdog servers are offline can I still re-use a previously downloaded installer to install the game again?
    You should be able to copy the installed data to another machine. If the Beamdog servers were to go down permanently, we would release a final update to remove any online requirements.
    stecava said:

So if i understand right, in multiplayer we can play the main story in coop mode right?

Yes, and also The Black Pits adventure.

stecava said:

Yes, and also The Black Pits adventure.

this is a great information! thank you again cheers to boo!
  • lekikinou33lekikinou33 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 129
    VERY GOOD NEWS :)
    Do you need an internet connection to play the game? The future DLC ones as well?
    Thank you very much
    Once the game is installed and set up, you won't need to be online.
  • AthomereAthomere Member Posts: 1
    Are there regional prices for buyers using currencies other than $, or are we just charged at the current exchange rate?
    Roll on September!
    The price is the same everywhere.
    BG EE is based in what D&D edition?
  • ivmivm Member Posts: 2
    Some extra motivational screenshots to push the number of pre-orders would be nice :).
  • ThomsonThomson Member Posts: 25
    @stecava 2nd D&D Edition
  • ghostwalkrghostwalkr Member Posts: 2
    @PhillipDaigle
    I know you have already answered a question regarding installing it on more than one PC by saying infinite D/Ls..
    Just for clarification - Would you specifically state that we can install BG:EH on more than one system?
    (sorry if this seems redundant, but technically it's not the same has having infinite d/ls and installing on multiple PCs)
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267

@PhillipDaigle
    I know you have already answered a question regarding installing it on more than one PC by saying infinite D/Ls..
    Just for clarification - Would you specifically state that we can install BG:EH on more than one system?
    (sorry if this seems redundant, but technically it's not the same has having infinite d/ls and installing on multiple PCs)

They've talked (somewhere, too lazy to find it) about downloading it on several machines.
  • ghostwalkrghostwalkr Member Posts: 2
    @paulsifer42
    Thanks
  • Dark_OgrDark_Ogr Member Posts: 3
    need boxed collector's edition. pleeeeeeeeease!!!

@PhillipDaigle

It's the same way most boxed PC games work - you can install your games on as many systems as you like.
  • BarbosaBarbosa Member Posts: 10
    Unable to pay via Paypal, sends me back to the merchant, Am I the only one?
  • MontaronMontaron Member Posts: 10
    Barbosa said:

It seems, paypal worked fine for me.
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    edited July 2012
    Digital is fine, if anything saves the nature :)

But I agree collector's boxed edition would be nice for some tangible bonus material (besides box itself), not necessarily for DVDs as a content carrier.

Thing is, 'management' probably isn't sure of rentability of the boxed edition, understandable for the game as old as BG.

Maybe, if sells go well, they could release collector's edition of both BGI:EE and BGII:EE afterwards, with a possibility of special price for people that bought both games already in digital format.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Q: How many times can I download the game, either through the installer or through the Beamdog client?

A: YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE GAME AN INFINITE NUMBER OF TIMES. Feeling bored? Have extra bandwidth? Just delete the game and download it again, for fun!

Oh... I might do this :)
    You know what would be an perfect situation, buying at beamdog and getting a steam key later on (when released) Probably impossible though...
    Barbosa said:

Email support@beamdog.com if it keeps kicking you out.

• SirZeechalotSirZeechalot Member Posts: 1
    Is this just BG1 or 1 and 2? If its 1, will there be a box set of EE? Im so psyched ....
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    @SirZeechalot
    It´s Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition, nuff said!