Skip to content

1.0.2010 update

2»

Comments

• VortexbladeVortexblade Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Trent tweeted the next update is submitted and will probably take a week to be accepted. It won't contain performance fixes for AOE spells. But it will include easier picking up items and entering doors.

Edit: btw most updates from the AppStore don't make you download the entire app again. Updates for games usually always go a lot faster than the initial download.
  • MutantMeteorMutantMeteor Member Posts: 9
    Anyone heard if the patch resolves the monster spawn problem
  • VortexbladeVortexblade Member Posts: 10
    It does, all earlier fixes for the pc are included.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    The App store elves have it in their hands now ;)
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    The only way to ensure Mac/PC/iPad multiplayer works is to delay the PC patch until OS X and iOS are approved. When you're changing a lot of stuff, it's going to crash, version mismatch or not.
  • CaipaCaipa Member Posts: 1
    The iOS App Store already has Delta Updates. It only downloads the changes made to the app but it still needs the full extra size free on your device to install as it unpacks the whole thing and then packs it again with the changed files.

eg. The last few updates for the Bard's Tale download in just a couple of seconds and it is almost 2gb.
    edited December 2012
    Caipa said:

The iOS App Store already has Delta Updates. It only downloads the changes made to the app but it still needs the full extra size free on your device to install as it unpacks the whole thing and then packs it again with the changed files.

eg. The last few updates for the Bard's Tale download in just a couple of seconds and it is almost 2gb.

So, is this via downloading directly on the iPad? I just downloaded a bard tale update for the ipad, but in itunes on my macbook, and it was huge!
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Apparently, yes.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Still updating though iTunes in 2012?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Caipa said:

So, is this via downloading directly on the iPad? I just downloaded a bard tale update for the ipad, but in itunes on my macbook, and it was huge!
    I happen to have the same game and I must say the download in IPad was quite small. But it was the first time I saw a small download for a big game being updated in iOS so it's either something new or it's something the developer can turn on or off.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    The Vice City update didn't take more than a couple of seconds either.
    ah ok...well I'll do all updates via ipad from now on. It just seemed easier to do on my macbook, but if the files are so much larger, then that doesn't make much sense. ;)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I think it now works as iOS updates themselves. If you update from the iDevice, it's a small download. From a computer you get the full 700mb download.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147

ah ok...well I'll do all updates via ipad from now on. It just seemed easier to do on my macbook, but if the files are so much larger, then that doesn't make much sense. ;)

You also save a step by avoiding syncing.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Now we just need the update itself....hopefully one that will enable multiplayer with a PC.