Skip to content

Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity Quest?

Is the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity involved in a quest? I can't remember.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    No
    Kirkor
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 49
    I think an ogre has it somewhere, I need it for Neera to correct one of her spells
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2012
    Not needed for any quest no. Suspect it's just there to punish first-time players and teach them not to equip un-identified objects. Tis quite harsh really; take down an ogre, which is quite the feat early on, get magical shinies and... get cursed for it. Bleh.

The other belt he drops is involved in a quest though, someone at the Friendly Arm Inn wants it.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I always give it to Shar-Teel, then get disappointed when she doesn't react.

I can't wait for the NPC Project.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Don't you 'bleh' the Cursed Girdle of awesome!
    ;D
    It teaches you a lesson - magic is bloody dangerous, so don't play with magical things if you don't know what they do. (And don't drop your guard just because you just won a tough fight - the world is out to get you, so you better watch yourself at all times. If you don't, you end up like the poor guy in spider's den in Cloakwood. :)
    alkaiserCaptRory
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Syntia13 said:

Don't you 'bleh' the Cursed Girdle of awesome!
    ;D
    It teaches you a lesson - magic is bloody dangerous, so don't play with magical things if you don't know what they do. (And don't drop your guard just because you just won a tough fight - the world is out to get you, so you better watch yourself at all times. If you don't, you end up like the poor guy in spider's den in Cloakwood. :)

BLEH!
  • BISHDPBISHDP Member Posts: 19
    I usually put it on Xzar and then kick him out of the party.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    BISHDP said:

I usually put it on Xzar and then kick him out of the party.

lol :)

Now you can also put new cursed ring on him. Female Zombie Xzar!
    TressetCaptRory
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

Not needed for any quest no. Suspect it's just there to punish first-time players and teach them not to equip un-identified objects.

For example: 12 year old me.
    SilverstarCaptRory
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    LOL @nemesis

That sounds like a funny wild mage story...
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    What's Neera's male name?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I keep it for later use. Just in case I want to see the female dialog without having to make a female character.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

What's Neera's male name?

Neero - that was an easy one!
    Moomintroll
  • HertzHertz Member Posts: 109
    If only the thing worked like the real 2nd edition Girdle: permanent shift, 1 use only. Then you'd need a quest ... to find or make another one!

Who wants to help write that adventure? :)
    CaptRory