Skip to content

If you could set your own infinity engine game...

Bobby_SingerBobby_Singer Member Posts: 65
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
1) in any area of the Forgotten Realms/time frame

and/or

2)any classic Dungeons and Dragons adventure

what would they be?

For me #1 would be set in Mistledale during the drow incursions (approx 1372 DR).

#2 would be N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God. Not a realms adventure but one of my all time favorites.
Post edited by Coriander on
Proont

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I don't know much about the older history of the realms, but of the recent novels, I really liked the Brotherhood of the Griffon books, so I'd like to see something in the area of Chessenta.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Cormyr is one of the chief 'goodly' countries in the world, and lies close to Darkhold (main Zentharim stronghold) and the Anauroch desert, which most recently has a city of ancient Netherese wizards, now Shades, populating it. Threats all around, lots of lore, Purple Dragon knights, War Wizards, I'm all set.
    SirBuliwyfJonelethIrenicusProont
  • beerflavourbeerflavour Member Posts: 117
    I'd like some Ravenloft style campaign for a change.
    tkelloggGrammarsaladProont
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    edited July 2012
    1: Hard to say. I would vote for Thay/Rashemen but Mask of the Betrayer already did such a good job of it tbh.
    *ED: Ooh. What about a game set during the Time of Troubles? So much potential for mayhem.

2: Dregoth Ascending. No contest.

If you expand options to other settings, I really do think Eberron would make for some ridiculously awesome CRPGs.
    Post edited by Aranneas on
    Proont
  • jones0901jones0901 Member Posts: 51
    you can read a basic plot outline for the black hound on wikipedia. now, the plot there sounds cool, but what really stuck out to me was what how they planned to change the game play dynamic. i would love to see a lower level cap (allowing for more sequals), with quest solutions based less on combat and more skill based/plot driven conclusions.

id also love to see a game that left the western european themed lands, and moved into the jungle, desert, etc.
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate_III:_The_Black_Hound- the wiki article for anyone interested)
    Proont
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    The Dark Tower.

Just sayin...
    diggerb
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    I'd vote for the Moonsea area. Plus some Underdark goodness with a little wilderness adventure (to the north) sprinkled in.

This, or Calimshan and Halruaa. Or Waterdeep.
    Bobby_SingerProont
  • Bobby_SingerBobby_Singer Member Posts: 65

I'd vote for the Moonsea area. Plus some Underdark goodness with a little wilderness adventure (to the north) sprinkled in.

This, or Calimshan and Halruaa. Or Waterdeep.

A whole adventure set in a fully rendered Waterdeep would be truly epic. Throw in a little skullport. Awesome.
    Proont
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I would go for a moonsea campaign or a Dragon Lance Krynn setting. Maybe a whole rearangement of the curse of azure bonds or champions of krynn oldschool game.
    diggerbProont
  • shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    Thay. Nuff said.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    During whatever time period when the dwarves and elves were at their peak in the Realms.
    The_New_Romance
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    I will use it for a Dark Sun setting game.
    Proont
  • jones0901jones0901 Member Posts: 51
    dark sun would be cool. i know little about it, save a comic i once read, but my uncle had a dark sun game from way back....i believe halflings are cannibals? very cool
    edited July 2012
    jones0901 said:

dark sun would be cool. i know little about it, save a comic i once read, but my uncle had a dark sun game from way back....i believe halflings are cannibals? very cool

A few cannibal halflings make their appearance in the Planar Sphere. It's never explained how they got there. Dark Sun is one of the most difficult settings in D&D to leave in any fashion. My theory is they got teleported to one of the moons, there found and operated a spelljamming ship, then managed to crash that into another world (probably Toril) and got picked up by the sphere subsequently.
    LaflammeProont
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I would like to see a Darksun or Dragonlance game...
    Proont
  • Bobby_SingerBobby_Singer Member Posts: 65
    I started Dungeon Mastering in 1982 and in those 30 years (most of which were spent playing in the Forgotten Realms starting with the old grey box set in 1987), I only ever played one character with someone else DMing. My one character was a Dark Sun Thri-Kreen.

I also played a Dark Sun video game in the early nineties a little bit (I think it was called Shattered Land), and based on those experiences, I agree with all the people that say Dark Sun. Its a campaign like none I know; this weird blending of fantasy and post-apocalypse.
    Proont

I also played a Dark Sun video game in the early nineties a little bit (I think it was called Shattered Land), and based on those experiences, I agree with all the people that say Dark Sun. Its a campaign like none I know; this weird blending of fantasy and post-apocalypse.

Shattered Lands, yes. It was good if you didn't take it too seriously - one of my favourite dos games, really. It did a lot of things right but as an actual introduction to hero mentality in the setting it was a terrible introduction.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    The Orcgate Wars. You could get away from the medieval European Fantasy so many D&D games are wedded to in favor of an Egyptian and Mesopotamian-inspired setting. Plus, there's epic battles, gods getting killed, and all the orcslaying you could ever want.
    Proont
  • LaflammeLaflamme Member Posts: 54
    Aranneas said:

jones0901 said:

A few cannibal halflings make their appearance in the Planar Sphere. It's never explained how they got there. Dark Sun is one of the most difficult settings in D&D to leave in any fashion. My theory is they got teleported to one of the moons, there found and operated a spelljamming ship, then managed to crash that into another world (probably Toril) and got picked up by the sphere subsequently.
    I want to play exactly this.
    Proont
  • Doom972Doom972 Member Posts: 150
    A Dragonlance game that takes place during the Age of Might.
    Proont
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    I would really like to see an infinity engine style game in Kara-Tur. The asian inspired part of the Forgotten Realms. Or maybe, because im a dwarf fanatic, a game set in one of the old dwarven realms of Alatorin or High Shanatar... Or maybe with the gold Dwarves of the Great Rift!

Or a whole new story where the shield dwarves reclaim one of their lost realms, you could start as either a dwarf or a ally, and along the way decide if you wanna help the dwarfs reclaim their lost realm, or help the drow/duergar take over the realm instead.

You could even build the story around Gorm Gulthyn and his losing power.. that the dwarfs are trying to reclaim a realm in his honor to stop him slowly dying.

well.. the forgotten realms are huge.. So what ever they do, im sure I will be happy with it.. but what ever they do.. I want something with dwarfs.. yes... dwarfs... sweeeettttt.....

Brb I will just go out and take on my suit of full plate, swing my battle axe while I drink alot of beer and sing drinking songs in an scottish accent :)
    The_New_RomanceProont