Skip to content

Possible way to replace mouseover tips...

Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
edited December 2012 in iPad (Archive)
The way dialogue selection works currently is to tap and hold and then drag your finger to highlight the different choices. When the dialogue you want to select is highlighted you let off. If that technique could somehow be added to the game world it could be used to scan for hidden doors and such just like with the mouse cursor. A way to do this would be to have a button to lock the screen in place so that dragging your finger wouldn't move the view. The same button could enable search mode so that dragging your finger over things would react the same as a mouse cursor, highlighting the same things the cursor would. Obviously I have no idea how hard or easy this would be to impliment but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Comments

• claudiusclaudius Member Posts: 82
    Is there any way to see all hidden things on the map, I am assuming you are using a tablet? On pc you can just hit 'tab' and every hidden object is revealed. There could be a toggle if you don't like the easy way.
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    There is a toggle but it doesn't show everything. It shows doors but not doorways that don't have doors. Apparently, from reading other's comments, there are a good many things that can be found on the PC version by mousing over them that tablet users have no way of discovering other than blind luck.
  • apoc_regapoc_reg Member Posts: 3
    Lets hope thats fixed! I think a button that highlights ALL objects and possible mouseover locations is the best idea
    apoc_reg said:

Lets hope thats fixed! I think a button that highlights ALL objects and possible mouseover locations is the best idea

Yes that would be best but it would also be adding something to the game that wasn't there to begin with. The way I mentioned would simply give iPad users the same functionality as using the mouse cursor which is already in the game's programming.

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I actually like this idea, the only problem I see is that a mouse cursor is much smaller and more accurate than your finger...which may not have the sensitivity / precision to pick up. Also, that may be a function that an iDevice may have problems with...don't know.
    I don't think it's too imprecise to find things like doorways. That can be a fairly general detection area especially with the new patch that's coming that in effect widens the detection area on things like loot drops, and doorways anyway. I know the iPad can work with dragging because they already utilize it on the dialogue menus. That's what made me think of this in the first place.