Skip to content

Neera

HawkinsHawkins Member Posts: 1
For the most part I'm pretty much happy with the package that's been posted so far. The maps look cleaned up, the new adventures look promising, and the new artwork looks fantastic AND fits in with the existing art (props, Nat.) I'm especially glad that the guys at Overhaul added a Half-Orc (and Evil!) character to party, because there weren't any Half-Orcs who could join you in the series and I always felt that the selection of Evil characters was rather limited. I'm kind of over the moon in general about this. I even preordered it - and I never preorder things.

My only problem is with Neera.

Those of us who play male characters have three possible groupies who fight over us in BG2 like college freshmen over the last pack of ramen in the gas station. And all of them are either full-blooded elves or halfbreeds, in addition to being bereaved, psychologically damaged basket cases. We don't need another elf-blooded spellcaster going all moon-eyed over us. I'd rather have some spunky Half-Orc or Dwarf or even Human romance choice than another Elf.

Contrast that with those poor players who decided to roll a female character. Your list of possible boyfriends? Anomen. Yeah. I know Rasaad is probably going to get the Romance treatment, but even so, that's not much of a selection.

So yeah. That's my problem. I'm sure her mission will be cool and well-written, but I don't think we need another romance. Especially a romanceable Half-Elf.

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Just wanted to add that Il Khan is also romanceble, so you got your spunky half orc ;-)

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

All three characters are romanceable.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Hawkins

Looks like Dorn will be romanceable too.
  • shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    . . . Dammit, this means that there is still no Evil Thief in BG2. I hate being the one to disable traps.
  • deathtoelvesdeathtoelves Member Posts: 7
    Personally, the half orc is the only one that looks interesting.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited July 2012
    I'll take a half-elf wild mage rommance, yes please. I hope she has some banter with Viconia.
    Post edited by wissenschaft on
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Agreed, OP. Dorn should have been a woman. I'd have romanced a sexy female half-orc with a bad attitude in a heartbeat.
  • deathtoelvesdeathtoelves Member Posts: 7
    I think "sexy halforc" of either gender is an oxymoron.

Your lack of vision will be your undoing!
    http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/heroes-of-barsaive/characters/krathis-gron
  • Lions_fanLions_fan Member Posts: 19
    I'd love to see a Drow chick and a half-elf chick cleric romance.

Your lack of vision will be your undoing!
    http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/heroes-of-barsaive/characters/krathis-gron
    Thats not a real half-orc. Half-orcs are ugly or they are not half-orcs. :P

Thats not a real half-orc. Half-orcs are ugly or they are not half-orcs. :P

Haha! Are you the art director for 3rd Edition D&D, by any chance? He had similar design goals.
    Nah, I'm just a D&D racist. lol Orcs are ugly and stupid and I refuse to except otherwise. ;)
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    I roll a female, and I didn't really know about the romance option until a few months ago. I don't think we had internet during my first BG2 playthrough.....

Nah, I'm just a D&D racist. lol Orcs are ugly and stupid and I refuse to except otherwise. ;)

You monster! I suppose dwarven women all have beards, eh?!
    edited July 2012
    Dwarfs don't have women, you don't want to know how they reproduce. :P
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

You monster! I suppose dwarven women all have beards, eh?!

Where you can hang to!

• TulimyrskyTulimyrsky Member Posts: 17
    I sort of agree with OP.
    But Neera suits my game quite well. Or at least she will in BG2. In BG1 my party will be the typical good aligned one so it's already full. As for 2, I always have one slot spare until ToB (in which Sarevok takes it), and as much as I love romancing the fiery Jaheria, it's always felt a little out of place because Khalid died...
    And the Gods know I can always use another spellcaster to talk to.
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    I for one will be darned happy to adventure with Neera... and then take Taisha with her in BG2:EE... heck. I am going to have to get Bri and Lord Ernie out of semi-retirement to help write decent crossmod stuff!!
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    I have this paranoid fear that Neera will have a personality similar to Neeshka.
    I could go for that, I liked Neeshka. Thats right, I'm not afraid to admit that. :P
  • Pixel_KaiserPixel_Kaiser Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Jean_Luc said:

I have this paranoid fear that Neera will have a personality similar to Neeshka.

My first thought was actually "this sounds kind of like Imoen the Half-Elf Wild Mage", but yeah, Neeshka also came to mind.
    cmorgan said:

I for one will be darned happy to adventure with Neera... and then take Taisha with her in BG2:EE... heck. I am going to have to get Bri and Lord Ernie out of semi-retirement to help write decent crossmod stuff!!

Ha, I was actually just thinking of Tashia the other day. Doesn't Bri need to finish Delainy first, though? =(
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667

My first thought was actually "this sounds kind of like Imoen the Half-Elf Wild Mage", but yeah, Neeshka also came to mind.

So you're saying we shouldn't re-use that voice set? Duly noted.
  • RaggieRaggie Member Posts: 23
    Spellcasters and rogues are over-represented as LIs, aren't they? Now that I think about it, have there ever been any official warrior female LIs?

But Neera looks pretty spunky to me. Well, that's what the portrait looks to me anyway. You can't really tell the personality until the game is out...
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    I'm kinda stoked about all three characters, and I'm totally going to have Neera in my party. Well, one of my parties at any rate, 'cause I have at least three character concepts in mind for CHARNAME which I intend to play through BG:EE and BG2:EE. I also have several original BG1 NPCs to try out, since my party has always been pretty much Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc and Dynaheir. Also, I've got the hots for Neera (but don't tell my fiancée! ;-P).
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    Agreed, OP. Dorn should have been a woman. I'd have romanced a sexy female half-orc with a bad attitude in a heartbeat.
    Well there is always Shar-Teel but dont think she prepares males :)
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    edited July 2012
    shout27 said:

. . . Dammit, this means that there is still no Evil Thief in BG2. I hate being the one to disable traps.

Montaron disagrees...

Edit: Tiax disagrees too he wont spare you when he will rule the realms now!

Edit part 2: Oh you said BG2. shame on me sorry :(
  • AlparonAlparon Member Posts: 58
    If she was human, that would be better for Romancing..
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    edited July 2012
    i fear that neera is like that whiny emo elf chick from DA2.

forgot to add that that chick was a hippy also!
    ..."Emo hippy"?

...HURK! ...Sorry, aneurysm.