Skip to content

Neera

124»

Comments

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    I think there was a reason why nearly all romances work this way, PC playing therapist. Because the majority of players prefers it.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,422
    The problem is that you play/are the PC. They can't profile the PC too much, as it would cause a lot of players to quickly become detached.

Hence it can never be your PC that requires all that nursing, as it would cause quite a few people to think: "What? No, that's not at all what I'm feeling like!" This wouldn't make it an enjoyable experience.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    agreed, that's why you have various options to respond- and they can be very broad responses (like they already usually are) and don't even need to reveal anything about PC, which is already detached to some extent (being a fantasy being in a fantasy setting and having all his/her responses already written).
    never underestimate the power of good writing.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited August 2012
    If Neera will be another cute, childish, stupid barbie like Aerie i dont want her in my group.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited August 2012
    @Edvin cmon men, at least for a time for the more immediate needs :), to cast spells of course! By the way i always dreamed in a corruption plot line for aerie, taking the fact she was a slave and tortured and all that. But maybe is just me, i always gave preference to ideas of corrupt/redeem the original NPCs over make new ones.
  • RushAndAPushRushAndAPush Member Posts: 25
    Neera sort of reminds of the the character Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite, due to the uncontrollable magical energy both of them possess.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Thels said:

The problem is that you play/are the PC. They can't profile the PC too much, as it would cause a lot of players to quickly become detached.

Hence it can never be your PC that requires all that nursing, as it would cause quite a few people to think: "What? No, that's not at all what I'm feeling like!" This wouldn't make it an enjoyable experience.

As trinit points out, this is why you have numbered dialogue options and no voice.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,422
    True, and I often find none of the options befitting, but that's not my point.

My point is that they couldn't make a romance where the NPC takes care of the PC, because this would force the PC into a certain state of mind that would feel awkward and not at all their character to a lot of players.