Skip to content

Feature Request: Tavern Rumors

This is sorta a minor request, but I'd really like to have more rumors in the inns because it's one of my favorite features about d&d. If you honestly think about it no RPG has really ever came close to its rumor system. Yes, there are games that offer rumors (i.e Elder Scrolls). However, has it truly ever felt as authentic as Baldur's Gate or other Infinity Engine Games?

In my opinion, I think not. I also think this would make as an interesting way to add new content to Baldur's Gate I or II: EE. In fact, it'd make an interesting addition because you wouldn't actually be changing anything from the core experience that the creators did not initially intend to be altered.

I like the taverns, and it's not as much aspect of alcohol as much as it is the fact to offer a place where you can take your party and just relax because I like readable objects or aspects of games.
IchigoRXC

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    IchigoRXC
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    expanding tavern rumours is a good idea
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This could be a topic for a small mod. Simple, easy, only dialog modification.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381

This could be a topic for a small mod. Simple, easy, only dialog modification.

Yes, you make a good point. But I'm talking about development that's a bit more concrete. I guess a mod could be easy enough, but I'd rather have it integrated into the real game because I don't download mods. I also feel once something becomes a mod, more often than not, developers tend not consider it for development in future projects.

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    There are already tavern rumors in BG and BG2...they pop up every time you buy a drink, mentioning something about the surrounding local area, or talking about common news. Same with donations at the temples. And the more you spend, the better the rumors you start to get. A lot of the side quests and easter eggs are hinted at during them.

If you don't see them, check your journal.