Skip to content

Death cutscene - female hand

The user and all related content has been deleted.
[Deleted User]PantalionJalilyDeeKurumiDinsdalePiranhaHunterOfBountyreedmilfamLoremasterAkerhonXavioriaFeatherEudaemoniumAedanEdvinelminsterlolien

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    You actually have a good point. It feels wierd when female dies.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AntonXavioria
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Oh, that should be done! Never played with a female.. In Baldur's Gate that is ;)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I'm going to put this in the tracker.
    [Deleted User]Anton
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited December 2012
    How do you know that isn't a female hand?

Damn, embedding disabled.

Moomintrolllolien
  • NaishNaish Member Posts: 2
    Awong124 said:

How do you know that isn't a female hand?

Damn, embedding disabled.

...She has man hands.

• dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2012
    I would actually say they need to get rid of it. I mean it is nice for if you are a playing as a white guy, but what if you're character isn't white? Or yeah, what if your character isn't a guy? It's a little jarring and can detract from the overall experience if the player looks at that hand blowing away and says, "that's not MY character."

In the meantime the only solution we have is to not die and click as fast as possible when our PC does die :p
    [Deleted User]
    dreambled
  • dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, it's either create a bunch of different videos for the different skin colors, or your character having a gloved hand or a gauntlet.

Having something like a book with say the Bhaal Skull instead is an interesting idea as well. I mean really, I never imagined my character would disintegrate when they died :p But saying you know, their story ended here is a little better.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    what's a female hand. does not compute
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    Not important to me.

How about a skeleton hand then?
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    tilly said:

mm you have a point! :)

Perhaps a hand wearing a glove or gauntlet? Preferably a thin glove, as any race/class can be reasoned to wear them.
    Or maybe show something less personal like a crumbling book with a picture of a -_-... of a something on it? n_n'

My original solution was to have the game check your chosen skin colour and run the appropriate video... out of 3-4 dozen videos? o_O Lots of skin colours for two genders! Dozens of videos is probably not the most practical approach.

Soo... Let's make shadow of a hand!
    Or better! Shadow of the characte... Oh wait... Forgot about gnomes and dwarves.

So shadow of a hand.
    [Deleted User]AntonTJ_Hooker
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    Female charachter-female hand
    Male character-male hand
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    It would obviously be MUCH easier to have a non-gender specific death scene as a workaround.

Does anyone know how to convert a movie file to the requisite format for Baldur's Gate?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Also, why is the hand white?
    Anduin
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    What if you are a halfing? Certainly that's not your hand.
    lolien
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    It's true to the lore the way it is. All Bhaalspawn have large hairy manhands for hands regardless of gender, colour, race, or species, that's a scientific fact.

Yes, even the chinchillas.
    sarevok57[Deleted User]elminsterlolien
    @tilly I should have a female deathand.wbm for you by this evening.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited January 2013
    Get rid of the un-armoured flesh of the arm movie and replace with an eruption of ichor upon the earth (cut anyone up, woman, man, man from finland, man from del monte, goat, goldfish, kitten, hamster, it's red right? Actually, not sure on the hamster, will put one in the blender for later. Hamsters kinda pop if you put them in microwaves...)

Anyway, I digress...

Camera focuses on ichor that could spray or fall in droplets onto the (cobbled?) earthen floor... Then camera turns to emblazoned anatomy of the arm and hand, red scraps of skin, muscle and sinew unraveling, bone and marrow crumbling to dust, before camera sweeps back to the skull rolling to the ichor stains crumbling, so an eye socket stares guilty back at you before ageing to dust... Blood seeps into floor, camera follows and dives through the crust to see it drip into the familiar Baldur's Gate logo teardrops, before it becomes emblazoned itself and becomes the focus of the camera...

Naah... I would die on purpose to see that...
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Actually, isn't it the hand of Saveoursock's before he becomes the new god of murder? You just THINK it's your hand because YOU died, when actually, YOUR death allows your brother eternal life and Godhood via the immolation of his flesh into the ether...

Your a lot of selfish prigs, always thinking about yourselves and your arms... Think of your fellow bhaalspawn people...

*Anduin pulls his red cloak on tighter mutters 'you know I'm right' then gives self indignant glare at computer awaiting for challenge*
    Edwinlolien
    Anduin[Deleted User]
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I think @HeroicSpur nailed it. That's how I always saw it too. I'd rather they just leave this alone. Many other things that could use their attention. Of course any community created overrides would be welcome I'm sure.

I'm a little surprised by this thread. Even though it is the logical perception of it, I never imagined the death scene featuring my character's hand. I always thought it was something a bit more symbolic.

• GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    Interesting idea about looking at absolutely every aspect of the game. I too thought of it as more symbolic not really gender specific.
    @tilly I have designed a death scene with a female hand.

see the attachment:

JalilyTJ_Hookerlolien