Skip to content

Alter the Spawn System

Spawned creatures disappear when you reload the game and they do not appear again until the respawn timer is up. This is distracting for me, because it's no use saving the game before attacking a black bear - if I fail and reload it will be gone anyway. No fight, no victory, no reward. Same thing with stealthy characters - you scout ahead, notice a hard fight, save, fail the battle, reload, and... they're gone. Needless to say it also makes no sense from a continuity standpoint.

The original game did not have this problem and BG:EE should not have it either. Please address this issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    I have the opposite problem. Take the mines as an example. I kill 10 Kobolds, turn a corner to a dead end, double back, and not even 20 seconds later there are new kobolds standing over the other corpses. Real easy to get lots of gold, xp, and flame arrows, but it is also incredibly tiresome and annoying.
  • OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    I also have problems with it, playing on a really hard difficulty... on low lvl's re-spawning kobolds are a real danger.

As i cleared the area, when i turn back.. i usually just tell the whole party to go (basically stand on the kobold bodies). My wizards, being the fastest go first and get killed by random arrow.

Tbh, im not sure what to think about it.
    Is this basically my fault? For assuming an area is clear?
    Or is it a badly implemented good idea...

Im not a fan, not in the mines and gnoll stronghold.
    Too early, brakes immersion and could be really easily exploited.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Ogaburan said:

Tbh, im not sure what to think about it.
    Is this basically my fault? For assuming an area is clear?
    Or is it a badly implemented good idea...

It's always been that way and I personally never minded it that much. It keeps you on your toes.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I really think this is a bug and have reported it as such.
    Adul