Skip to content

Goodberry Buff

TomeTome Member Posts: 466
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Goodberries are hilariously weak. In P&P they provide a good deal of nourishment as well as heal you, so I suggest that Goodberries....

-Negate the effects of fatigue on whoever eats them (fatigue is the closest to nourishment we can get in BG)

-Heal an addtional hitpoint every two levels. (just because)
Spjuv3rnTJ_HookerKirinaldoAnton

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    If I were to buff them, I'd suggest making the conjored berries last indefinitely
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    I suppose that would be a good change, but the fact is that their duration is nowhere near their greatest issue.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    they're too low-level for removing fatigue
    Fatigue is hardly a major issue anyway, I don't see why Goodberries are too low level for healing it.
    TJ_Hookerelminster
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Rather than healing an extra hit point, I'd have the spell conjure more of them.
    Illustair
    edited December 2012
    I suppose that probably works better. So, how about this?

Spell: Goodberries

Ability: Creates 5+(casterlvl) Goodberries that heal 1 hp each on consumption, as well as delaying fatigue for two hours. At level 15 the amount of Goodberries created caps at 20 Goodberries total.

Duration: Goodberries last for (casterlvl/2) days. Minimum of 1 day, maximum of 10 days. (just because time is measured in tendays)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    You should be able to throw them, like melfs minute meteors.

They'd cover the target in sticky grease, and so you'd have to lick it off to gain healing.
    Oh my, I'm gonna go take a cold shower.
    DreamingViksnanolunar
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    ajwz said:

You should be able to throw them, like melfs minute meteors.

They'd cover the target in sticky grease, and so you'd have to lick it off to gain healing.
    Oh my, I'm gonna go take a cold shower.

I always thought they should be usable as bullets. I guess you'd get around the healing enemy issue by saying that if they aren't ingested they don't heal?
    Tome said:

Fatigue is hardly a major issue anyway, I don't see why Goodberries are too low level for healing it.

because there's a "remove fatigue" spell in icewind dale 1 which is at least (don't remember exactly and too lazy to look it up) 3rd level, and removes only 1 character's fatigue.

But that's Icewind Dale. Fatigue isn't a big deal in Baldur's Gate anyway-most players spam rest, so I don't see why this is unfair. Further more, 'remove fatigue' is a 2nd level spell. :P

The spell is still nowhere near overpowered, as fatigue has less dramatic effects in BG than in Icewind Dale.
    Tome said:

But that's Icewind Dale. Fatigue isn't a big deal in Baldur's Gate anyway-most players spam rest, so I don't see why this is unfair. Further more, 'remove fatigue' is a 2nd level spell. :P

The spell is still nowhere near overpowered, as fatigue has less dramatic effects in BG than in Icewind Dale.

icewind dale is based on the same system, so it has to be consistent.

fatigue makes it progressively harder to hit enemies, so it's a big deal. goodberries is fine as it is
    No it's not. I really don't understand why you think that Goodberries are balanced and useful as they are now. They have literally no use whatsoever. If you think that my suggestions are overpowered/unfair, that's your prerogative. However, I don't think that many people would agree with you that they 'is fine as is'.

Furthermore, I think that you're incorrect concerning Icewind Dale's system and Baldur's Gate's system. A topic in these forums suggests that fatigue lowers attack rolls in ID, while in BG it only slightly negatively affects THAC0. Either way, I've never had enough trouble with fatigue to think that reducing it's effects would be overpowered.
    nano
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.