Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• LoxagonLoxagon Member Posts: 19
    That sound good :)
  • SylonceSylonce Member Posts: 65
    I am almost ready to preorder this, but one very important thing I would like to know is whether this game will contain DRM, and if so, in what form? I'm relieved to see that this game can be downloaded as many times as we want, but I would also like to know if such installers "call home" every time this game is installed, or if there are any gimmicks that require persistent connections--that sort of thing. I usually tolerate some level of DRM, and often lay down my money immediately if it is anything like gog that has no DRM, but I just wanted to crystal clear on what this product will contain before I make a purchase.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    @Sylonce You need to be online to download it, but after that it's internet free.
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    @Sylonce the DRM will be very light, the launcher will check if the game is original (I don't know how often), you won't need to be connected to the Internet too. The DRM should be practically unnoticeable.
    Thanks. If this is so, then I'm sold. :)
    @Sylonce you can also install your game on all computers you have :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @Sylonce you download the install.exe of the BG EE, i have the same fears as you do, but this is not EA Games*, Beamdog respect their customers.

*Someone correct if i'm wrong please:

EA make 2 installs on your pc, one for the game and other as a EA central control (in the "C:\Program files" too), the translation of that shit is that they impose a Trojan in your PC to verify if your game is legit (cos only in EA stupid mind pirates gonna use the same method).

So, if you're out of internet, having spikes or using a laptop in a place with no internet, yes no EA games for you.

Customer information, as witch games you have installed atm on your PC or in witch of the day you play is not a prized merchandise by their levels, or is? Wrost, you have to believe that the only info they take from your PC is if their games are on/off, after all you can't control what info is collected.
    edited July 2012
    This is all music to my ears, or eyes in this case lol. I am grateful. I'm looking forward to release date :)
  • davidhxcxdavidhxcx Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2012
    i already purchase the pre-realese! but i want to know if will be a portuguese(brazil) version at launch?

not that i need but some friends of mine that can't speak english want to know. hahah
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    It's said that eventually every language directory in this forum will receive a official translation, but probally not at the release date.
  • lmcg1158lmcg1158 Member Posts: 2
    Will BG:EE have support for 1920x1080?
  • ThomsonThomson Member Posts: 25
    @lmcg1158 Yes, you will be able to play in Full HD.
  • vlamvlam Member Posts: 1
    should BG:EE become available on steam, will it have a steamworks aspect to it, to allow for easy access to user created mods? it would surely beat having to google user mods repeatedly, checking various sites. having a central storage area (and possibly mod tools for the less computer literate) for user mods for a game like baldurs gate would be an incredible feature.
  • NiccoladoNiccolado Member Posts: 3
    Got a question. Will it be possible to save the full game upon downloading it from you, so I can easily install it later without ever downloading it again? Like on a DVD? You guys offer a fantastic service, but I would feel better to have the game on a physical disc..

And thank you SOOO much for bringing this game to life again!! I will pray for a collectors edition box set!
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    Done and done! Beautiful screen shots - can't wait to try it!
  • SemperSemper Member Posts: 2
    I'm currently holding out for the possibility of a Collector's Edition. Couple of questions.

If I buy the regular edition now and then the CE comes out and I decide to switch to that - will I get a refund or a discount (for the price of the regular edition)?

With a hard copy version, will I still have the ability to pre-load the game?

I know these are what-if questions, so I hope you'd be able to answer this.

And thanks - all looks awesome!
  • Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    This is the best thing that could happen this year! BG-remake=Hell YEAH! i was so disappointed by Diablo 3, but THIS has to be great! Now the only other thing im waiting for is the Hobbit!

I cant wait to clear the mines of Nashkell again and to roll over them skumbags with Minsk and Boo (Nutcracker) I think we all will enjoy this! Have fun :D

Sorry for my euphoria in between :D

PS: Pre-ordered!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    azurit said:

@stecava no but you will be able to play immediately on 18.9.2012 at 00:00:00

That's what I'd like to hear from Beamdog: at what time of day will your downloaded game be playable on the 18th of september? As soon as it's the 18th 0:00 in the player's own time-zone? Will there be a 24-hour 'rolling-out' of the game with BG-fans living on Samoa having the premier? Or will there be one world-wide moment the game will unlock and if so, at what time according to what time-zone?

• TazokTazok Member Posts: 34
    Just pre ordered and have a silly question, aren't we supposed to get a badge on our forum accounts?
  • mrwashingtonmrwashington Member Posts: 1
    I have pre-ordered BG:EE , When i can pre-download the game? Thank you.

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Q : Where can i order this magnificent game ??
    A : https://www.beamdog.com/orders/R386851476/checkout/edit
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    @ powerfulally:

Hi, you said that there is no internet connection needed after I downloaded the game. But how can this be, if you can preload the game? There has to be a check, if the game is already released which means that the DRM has to call home. Or not?
    So my question is: Can I download the game, cut off all internetconnections, then install and play it?
    If this is the case: Why is any kind of DRM needed at all and how can this DRM prevent people from spreading one bought version over the whole internet, if the game can be installed on as many computers as I like?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Silverhawk

I don't know everything about the DRM, but I imagine that after you pre-load the game you'll need the internet connection to activate it on the 18th of September.

As for the question about what prevents people from spreading the game all over the internet... and considering how fast games get cracked... I'd say nothing. Beamdog seems to be trying GOG's model where they hope that a good support for their games will lead to more people supporting them by buying games instead of pirating them.
    edited July 2012
    @Tanthalas and that's the way to go, hope people will understand. They even announced Android version, where piracy is a serious issue, so I guess they put some faith in the people.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Is it DRM free? Just asking ;)
    @Necdilzor DRM will be present, but it will be very light, just checking if the game is original and that's it.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Thanks for your response! That's OK with me :D I love these games! I have the 4 in 1 edition and I can't wait till September 18 :D
    Funny thing is that BG was the game I've bought the most in my life. I had like 4 copies of the whole saga and now I'm buying it again. I'm sick :D
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

I'm sick :D

I have 3 complete copies and 1 incomplete (just SOA) for the cardboard box and booklet I found in a second-hand store.

At least were not lonely in the sick ward! And I'm sure there's other addicts around. Nurse! Can you give me an injection of Bhaalspawn blood again?

• RicoRico Member Posts: 22

You're the lucky few leading the charge!

Go for the clock, Boo, GO FOR THE CLOCK!

Squeak.