Skip to content

Wrong description for shocking grasp

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
edited January 2013 in Fixed
Expected behavior: Scrolls of Shocking grasp have the correct description regarding the changes made to this spell from the original (1d8 +1 per two levels or whatever it is)
Current Behavior: The description on scrolls of shocking grasp uses old description(1d10)
Note: Not a problem when selecting spells at character creation/sorcerer level up or when in spellbook.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Description updated. Nice catch.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    So shocking grasp actually gives 1d8+1/2 levels? That's *much* better than I thought, may actually learn this now!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Oxford_Guy Actually it does 1d8 +1/level. I was wrong in the above description.
    Tresset said:

@Oxford_Guy Actually it does 1d8 +1/level. I was wrong in the above description.

That makes it actually pretty good!
    Borrro
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited January 2013
    @Oxford_Guy There is a serious flaw to this spell however due to a change made from the original. It requires a successful touch attack (like the inflict wounds and harm spells) making it usually do no damage at all thanks to the wizard's lovely thac0. Sure if you can hit the foe it does plenty of damage with no save but that usually won't happen. Magic missile is still better in my book.
    Edit: Burning Hands is still better too since it does 1d3 +2/level save for half (or basically either +1 or +2/level depending on your luck) and it requires no touch attack so it always will hit.
    Tresset said:

@Oxford_Guy There is a serious flaw to this spell however due to a change made from the original. It requires a successful touch attack (like the inflict wounds and harm spells) making it usually do no damage at all thanks to the wizard's lovely thac0. Sure if you can hit the foe it does plenty of damage with no save but that usually won't happen. Magic missile is still better in my book.
    Edit: Burning Hands is still better too since it does 1d3 +2/level save for half (or basically either +1 or +2/level depending on your luck) and it requires no touch attack so it always will hit.

Tresset said:

Still good for a fighter/mage or even a Bard
    Borrro