Skip to content

Spellhold Studios Modding Updates

LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
edited May 2013 in General Modding
Per the lovely @Coriander's suggestion, a modding news topic for SHS!
Post edited by Cuv on
Jamesmkat101Fina92Archaiccomebackhome

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    First up, I hope everyone had a fantastic (and food-filled) Christmas, and that you're ready for a crazy post-Christmas mod binge, because... well, that's what you're in for this year!

Our first release of 12 Days 2012-2013 is the PaintBG portrait mod by artist artastrophe, put together by Lava Del'Vortel, featuring completely new portraits for all of the BG and BG2 NPCs, plus all of the important game characters as well.

PaintBG is available for all modding platforms. To check out the full list of portraits and some more information on the mod, check out the samples topic.

To download, choose your platform:

Download for: BG/BG2/BGT/TuTu
    Download for BG:EE
    Stradlin
    Today's 12 Days of Christmas release comes from horred the plague, who has over the past few weeks been working on a new version of the BP-Series player AI scripts for BG:EE, BGT and ToB.

Love the game, but getting sick of incessant party micromanagement every time you run into a mere kobold? Then the BP Series Party AI Scripts are just for you. Sit back and watch the fun, instead of pausing every two seconds to make sure Minsc isn't off picking daisies in mid-battle, nor if Edwin is casting Meteor Swarm at a pair of goblins five feet away from himself.

Over a dozen scripts specialized for your party's needs, support for every spell, kit and Bhaalspawn ability, as well as many popular items. An intricate series of Hotkey Toggles puts powerful in-game auto-management at your fingertips. Systems include Undead Turning, Bard Song, Set Traps, Backstabbing, Part Healing, Spell Sequencing, and more!

Fully utilizes Detectable Stats system, the ultimate in advanced AI for spell/item/effect detection for the IE engine. Fully compatible with enemy AI mods using the same system. Adds many IDS file entries from BG2:ToB that were missing in BGEE. All this allows for some of the most intelligent, logical decisions and spellcasting choices possible in IE scripting.

Download link
    More information
    Kunikos
    edited June 2013
    Platform: BG2

Just a small update today as we are preparing some larger releases for the rest of 12 Days -- Lava Del'Vortel's mod "Colours of Infinity" has received an update, with simplified audio installation for all sections and new NPC interjections for the latest quest in the mod.

Download link
    Forum link
    Post edited by LiamEsler on
    edited June 2013

The lovely Rhaella and I have been working away at an update for Deva's Ninde NPC for a while now (well, mostly Rhaella), and we're happy to announce that Ninde ToB is ready for consumption, along with the long-awaited friendship for female PCs!

Rhaella and I hope that we've crafted a fitting conclusion to Ninde in line with what Deva originally intended, and we hope everyone enjoys playing through the ToB portion of the mod! There are actually a total of three different versions of ToB you can play through with Ninde depending on what you decided in SoA, so make sure to try different choices at the end of SoA.

"Lady Ninde Amblecrown; once Waterdeep's most alluring young ingenue, now a hunted woman with a tongue like a guillotine, formidable magical skill and a matching ego. Will you befriend her? Grow to love her? Will you even be able to bring yourself to tolerate her?

Her lavish upbringing have perhaps left Ninde with a slightly bloated sense of entitlement that doesn't exactly suit her to adventure, and certain events of her past darkened her temperament. That's not to say Ninde doesn't appreciate life's more earthy pleasures - men, mead and magic are her self-confessed vices, and 'being poor, seal-clubbing, and chastity' the only things she isn't good at. Although perhaps she exaggerates slightly, there.

Whether Ninde is truly a woman altered beyond repair by the blackening tinct of her past, or the proverbial tart with a heart - well, that's for you to decide."

Download link
    Forum link
    edited June 2013

We're almost midway through 12 Days, and we certainly have a treat today with the Sarevok friendship, written by the wonderful Aeryn and coded by Lava Del'Vortel.

One of the things many find sorely lacking in the Bioware NPCs are the more complex relationships presented by modern NPC mods--especially in regards to "friendships," the relationships NPCs have with the PC when not romancing them.

This mod adds a series of dialogues with Sarevok, the protagonists Bhaalspawn half-brother, expanding on his character and story, which feature throughout Throne of Bhaal.

Written by Aeryn, author of the Sarevok and Haer'Dalis romances, this is a must-install for Sarevok-lovers.

Download link
    Forum link
    JonelethIrenicuszwadek
    edited June 2013
    Platform: BG2, BGT. TuTu, CA

A bit belated but better late than never: Psionics Unleashed, by Kwiat_W! And with that, a happy new year to everyone!

Psionics Unleashed is a BGII mod that aims to add a fully functional psionic system and psionic character classes based on 3.5 ed. Dungeons & Dragons. Because of the nature of the Infinity Engine and because Baldur's Gate games are based on the 2nd ed. of AD&D, this reproduction couldn't be 100% faithful and some compromises had to be made along the way.

The mod works with Baldurs Gate II: ToB and the following conversions: (Easy)TUTU, Baldur's Gate Trilogy, Classic Adventures.

Download link
    Forum link
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Always been a big fan of psionics. :)

Just out of interest, are there any plans to port to BG:EE or should I turn to my vanilla BG2?
    @Tome You'd have to ask Kwiat over at SHS I'm afraid! I'm not sure, myself.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    That's fair enough, thanks for the updates. :) Appreciate all the work you guys at SHS do.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Tried the Psion mod in a BG installation. It works well if I start a BG 2 game, but the script seems to enter an endless loop if I try to start a BG game. SHS forums seem to be out, anyone else having this problem?
    @mlnevese The forums seem fine to me? :-)
    @Kaeloree I'll try again.. when I tried earlier there was a timeout :)
    edited June 2013

Had to do a bit of a release reshuffle due to a last minute change, but with any luck we should now be alright!

Today (well, yesterday's) release is Arath's ToB portion, which includes both romantic and non-romantic content expanding on his SoA story.

"When asked about his past, ARATH smiles and artfully avoids the question. From what you can gather, he was born in Athkatla, the son of a wealthy nobleman, and grew up in relative peace until he discovered his father's ties to the slave trade. Furious at his father's involvement in people-trafficking, he ran away, eventually joining the local Druid Grove and studying to become a druid himself. Arath is quick both on his feet and in his speech, words tumbling out often before he can finish the last, and has a marked appreciation for the beauty of nature. Though he is in his mid-twenties, he exudes a confidence and charisma of one far older than his years would suggest. His eyes sparkle as you probe him with questions, but he does not answer them, saying only that he feels no need to recount the past when the present is so much more interesting."

Arath is a complex, self-assured, humorous and somewhat hedonistic druid who, on the surface, cares for little else beyond himself and his love for nature. He loves the human form, both male and female, and isn't afraid to be direct about what he wants -- though he's not always successful in getting it, much to his chagrin. He has a passionate hate for aberrations, the undead and anything else that falls beyond the natural scheme of things, and he has some rather complex and occasionally contradictory beliefs.

Download link
    Forum link
    Xavioria
    edited June 2013

For Day 8 of 12 we have a rather excitedly awaited release, the Throne of Bhaal portion of Aeryn's Haer'Dalis romance!

"Love is passion. Passion is fleeting. And such ephemeral things are those we hold the closest and cherish the most. Each moment is precious, for it may very well be the last. 'Tis not to be feared, my raven, for such fading beauty is the fate of all life, of all things, of all hopes. Neither fret for tomorrow, nor regret yesterday, but live for today."

The Haer'Dalis Romance for Baldur's Gate II allows female PCs to explore a deeper relationship with our dear sparrow. Though the tielfing bard has roamed the Planes and basked in the dark beauty of Sigil's street for decades, his experience with the Prime is limited, and his curiosity about both this new world and his new leader is great indeed. PCs are given the freedom to choose just how close they wish to get to this mysterious Planeswalker, though Haer'Dalis may find hesitant PCs all the more alluring for their reluctance. Regardless of what exactly the PC is looking for, there is a fair chance this skilled actor can fill whatever role she desires.

The mod is open to females of any race, alignment and class, and features a large number of talks on a wide range of topics. Though he is neither foolish nor cruel, Haer'Dalis loves mischief, dramatic public displays and arguments, and the mod reflects this by often providing more content to PCs who do not always agree with the bard. Content spans both SoA and ToB, and have a variety of paths and epilogues.

Download link
    Forum link
    Xavioria
    Dace NPC for SoA & ToB Released

This is a mod that has been on the backburner for a few years now, but Tess and I recently got back in touch and have finished it up! Dace is thoroughly fantastic and a lot of fun, so I thoroughly recommend you checking her out.

"I can see pretty easily what other people consider "good" an' "evil," and tell the difference, but I just don't understand why people get so concerned about doin' one or the other. Strikes me that the wisest thing to do is whatever the wisest thing is for whatever situation you're in, not whatever you've decided is some overarchin' truth. So I do "good" if I can profit and "evil" if I can profit and I won't get caught, and the hells can take the hindermost for all that I care which is which."

Dace Linton is a Chaotic Neutral human female bounty hunter, about 33 years old. She will come over and speak to your PC if you leave or enter through the lower archway of Waukeen's Promenade, where you can find her standing on the steps.

Dace is a slight, wiry woman with short brown hair and clothing of a decidedly nondescript colour and practical cut. She speaks in an unremarkable contralto voice, clipping some words strangely and finishing others with a slight lilt. She has a somewhat crooked grin, as though some emotion other than amusement always manages to twist her smile slightly at the last minute. Dace seems very fond of the notion of practicality but doesn't always practice what she preaches, and occasionally shows a streak of whimsicality that borders on ridiculousness. Ninety percent of the time she is operating on Full-Sarcastic, Half-Obnoxious mode, but she is also capable of brief moments of unique insight and kindness.

Download link
    Forum link
    Beetle
    edited June 2013
    Platform: BGEE

This is one that some may have been following in beta, but I think it's pretty much ready for consumption now, so--enjoy!

The Neera Expansion mod adds a series of dialogues to the lovely elven wild mage Neera, in an effort to help flesh her out and give the game a little more content for those who've played through it a half-million times. For the romantically inclined, it also adds a number of flirts that you can initiate if you force-talk her.

Additionally, the mod features two extra components that allow you to make Rasaad and Neera same-sex romanceable for those so inclined.

Download link
    Forum link
    Shin
    edited June 2013
    Platform: BGT

Turambar has updated the quest mod Dark Side of the Sword Coast to v2.17, fixing a number of bugs and now making the mod compatible with all operating systems!

This was originally a partial conversion for BG1 - Tales of the Sword Coast. It now uses the WeiDU format, and is a part of the BG Trilogy. New spells, items, 5 major quests, new areas, and 7 new NPCs are available to your party. Most NPCs have quests. Quests include rescuing a child from vampires, saving a town from a dragon, and searching for missing people.

Joinable NPCs in the mod:
    Jetlaya, Half-Elf Cleric, S 16, I 12, W 18, D 17, C 16, Ch 10
    Cuchoinneach, Elf Ranger, S 17, I 11, W 16, D 19, C 16, Ch 8
    Conchobhair, Human Paladin, S 18/35, I 10, W 16, D 14, C 17, Ch 18
    Ferthgil, Dwarf Fighter, S 18/72, I 7, W 12, D 17, C 19, Ch 5
    Bub, Human Fighter, S 17, I 10, W 11, D 16, C 14, Ch 13
    Keiria, Half-Elf Bard, S 16, I 18, W 12, D 18, C 16, Ch 18
    Skeezer, Gnome Illusionist/Thief, S 14, I 19, W 11, D 12, C 12, Ch 10
    Thorfinn, Human Barbarian S 18/87, I 8, W 11, D 17, C 18, Ch 6

The mod starts after you complete the Cloakwood Mines. Return to the Friendly Arms Inn to meet with Jet'laya. As in the original DSotSC mod, other areas are also modified, so some parts to this mod you may see before Chapter 5.

Download link
    Forum link
    edited June 2013

Wisp has updated the Edwin Romance to full v2, taking it out of beta. V2 includes the following changes:
    • Consolidated the SoA, ToB and Flirts installers
    • Added German, partial Polish, partial Chinese translations and updated the Spanish and French ones
    • Fixed a fair number of bugs, including the broken ToB flirts
    Everybody knows Edwin Odesseiron, don't they? The arrogant, insulting, Nether Scroll reading, fireball throwing Red Wizard of Thay is always seeking power and glory. But is that all he is, and all he seeks?

This mod offers the player the chance to get to know everybody's favourite Red Wizard better. You will learn more about his thoughts, hopes and fears, as well as his past, and you will affect his future, one way or another.

While this is a romance mod, you should not expect Edwin to fall into your arms at once. He is still his arrogant, sarcastic self, and you will get plenty of opportunities to insult him right back. Don't worry that this will break the romance - as long as you don't go too far, Edwin will quite enjoy your displays of wit. Play your cards right, and the relationship will eventually become more intimate.

The romance is available for females of all races, with Intelligence of 14 and above. It will carry on from SoA into ToB, and there is one new quest for Edwin in the SoA part, as well as new epilogues. For the male PC, there are some new interactions with Edwina.

Download link
    Forum link
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

It could be added (strange though it is) that the Edwin Romance mod also comes packaged with an optional updated good-alignment ending for Viconia's romance. In my opinion that little but well-written mod is an underrated gem for people who felt the vanilla Viconia romance epilogue was a bit lackluster unless you went evil.
    Fina92
  • TivaanTivaan Member Posts: 15
    So does DSotSC work with BGEE?
    @Tivaan Not yet.
    edited January 2013
    There is still some way to go before we see more mods come to BGEE. We don't even have a fully compatible version of Weidu yet, but it is in the works, currently in beta, and when ready it should make things much simpler.

The game now uses UTF-8 for character encoding, there were changes in the item file format, etc. Just be patient. The modders are very active lately. Some legends, like horredtheplague, are even back from retirement :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    JonelethIrenicus
    @Sylvus_Moonbow Yep, though in these announcements I think I'm going to add a line about platform in each one in future so it's clearer, since we're going to get more and more BG:EE mods. :)
    neoesprit
    Platform: Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal

The fabulous Aurora from Aurora's Shoes & Boots can now join you on your quest in ToB!

When asked about her life, Aurora tells you that she grew up in Athkatla as the daughter of a minor merchant. She often traveled with her father's caravans when she was young, learning swordplay from anyone who would teach her and gaining a love of adventure. As soon as she could, she joined a group of adventurers and set out to try her luck.

Her love of adventure is matched only by her love for shoes. During her travels along the Sword Coast she amassed an enormous collection. Upon retirement, she opened the store to share her passion with other keen-eyed collectors.

She is also always willing to share stories of past adventures. Listening to them, you get the impression that she and her companions may not always have been quite as respectable as she now seems. Piracy crops up more than once, and it does not appear that her party was invariably the victim.

She does not seem to regret being called out of her 'retirement' to take a more active role.

Download link
    Forum link
    edited January 2013
    Platforms: BG:EE, BGT, TuTu

Down to the last two days and we have two fantastic releases for everyone who has been patiently waiting! The first is Valerie, a new joinable NPC for BG:EE, BGT & TuTu, by Tempest. We hope you enjoy her!

With tensions rising between Baldur's Gate and Amn, and rumors of unnatural disasters plaguing Amnish territory on the Sword Coast, the Cowled Wizards of Amn have become involved in the looming conflict. Dedicated to controlling the use of magic in Amn and destroying magical threats to that nation, on the Sword Coast they act in support of the Amnish army. And with the rumors of demons in the mines of Nashkel, one young Cowled Wizard has taken it upon herself to learn the truth of the matter. Adventurers willing to work with a Cowled Wizard will find a willing ally in their Nashkel investigations and beyond.

This mod includes:
    * A friendship with flirtation opportunities for PCs of any race, alignment, and gender with a reputation of at least 10.
    * Player-initiated dialogue.
    * Banters with the Bioware NPCs.
    * Numerous interjections and comments on the world of Baldur's Gate.
    * The beginning of a character and relationship that will eventually return in Baldur's Gate II with new developments and opportunities.
    * An original portrait drawn by the highly talented Hannah Wallace.

Download link
    Forum link
    revanbhegalor_originalzwadekNephridil
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2013
    will it work ok for all the game or just for the bg1 part ?
    @Arctic Just the BG1 part for now.
    Platform: BG:EE, BGT & TuTu

And for our final release this 12 Days of Christmas, we have a new paladin NPC from Rhaella, author of Adrian and Ninde ToB, for BG:EE/BGT/TuTu!

Isra is a follower of Sune Firehair, the goddess of love, beauty, and passion, and the only chaotic aligned deity to sponsor paladins. As such, she isn't necessarily what you might expect of a paladin. She associates with some of the most mirthful churches in the Realms, so for the most part, she lacks the solemn edge that's so common for the class. She definitely still believes in honor, discipline, and order, but she tends to value the courtly aspects of the code of conduct more highly than the demands of duty. As a result, she's usually pretty willing to ignore harmlessly chaotic behavior (not evil behavior, though).

Isra is Amnish, most recently from Crimmor, the Caravan Capital of Amn. She's a squire with the Sisters and Brothers of the Ruby Rose, and you can find her in the Nashkel Mines region, trying (with no success whatsoever) to resolve Prism's legal difficulties. Aid her in protecting him from Greywolf, and she'll be happy to help you investigate the mines. Make sure you recruit her before clearing them, however. They pose enough of a threat that she'll be willing to take action first and seek permission later; otherwise she'd feel obligated to return south to her order instead of gallivanting off with strangers.

She won't join the company of an evil PC under any circumstances. She won't be rude about it, but she does have the magic to tell. She also won't stick around if your reputation drops below 6.

Download link
    Forum link
    Nephridil
  • TschakongTschakong Member Posts: 25
    NPC cross banter Mods and new good written NPC's are these things that make the game extraordinary. Keep up the good work. I can't express really how thankful i am for this modding work. Played BGT a longer time than any other games, thanks to this great modding.

Many many thanks for that, please keep up this good work.

Hopefully there will be a cross banter NPC mod for BGEE also soon. It feels so empty without banters between your party members :(
    Fina92
  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58
    Tschakong said:

NPC cross banter Mods and new good written NPC's are these things that make the game extraordinary. Keep up the good work. I can't express really how thankful i am for this modding work. Played BGT a longer time than any other games, thanks to this great modding.

Many many thanks for that, please keep up this good work.

Hopefully there will be a cross banter NPC mod for BGEE also soon. It feels so empty without banters between your party members :(

I have to say, after installing Valerie and Isra, the two help a lot to provide cross-party banter and liven up the game!
    LiamEsler