Skip to content

How many new NPCs do you want in BG2 EE

2»

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873

What I'd like to see are PSIONICS! And of course also an female CE Duerger Psychic Warrior.
    It's been far too long since we saw playable psionics in D&D cRPG's.

How do you mean? A NPC with psionic powers?

• LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    edited December 2012
    There are enough characters already (perhaps they can add Dorn, Neera and Rassad). There are dozens of mod NPCs to add if one wish. They should flesh out the existing characters instead and expand some strongholds with more quests.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I prefer that there would be more quests, areas, storyline, dialogs and romances.

...They should flesh out the existing characters instead and expand some strongholds with more quests.

Dorn, Neera and Rassad and a couple more would be enough, I think.

I voted "Less than 5" because I don't want the time spent for creating new quests and areas be consumed for creating new NPCs. If we can have both, than I would have voted "Between 16 & 20" probably.

And also there is a chance of spoiling the gameplay creating too many NPCs. NPCs or not, I DON'T want the current "look and feel", storyline, gameplay, sound etc. to be ruined. They are just perfect. On the other hand, Overhaul/Beamdog did very well creating Dorn, Neera and Rassad(I haven't met Dorn in my first playthrough, so I cannot say for sure. Looking forward to meet him in the next playthrough, though).

I am about to finish BG2 + Tob with ascension mod after finishing BG1EE(Balthazar and Melissan left) with the same character and I can say that Baldur's Gate saga never gets old. On the contrary, It gets better and better. I am very excited about BG1EE and the upcoming BG2EE. This all should continue.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

What I'd like to see are PSIONICS! And of course also an female CE Duerger Psychic Warrior.
    It's been far too long since we saw playable psionics in D&D cRPG's.

How do you mean? A NPC with psionic powers?

Yes and no. What I mean are bringing psionic classes, such as the Psionicist (described in the AD&D book "The Complete Psionics Handbook") or the ones in Dark Sun into BG:EE. And since Duergars are natural psionics even in AD&D second edition, such a class would fit them like a glove.
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    edited December 2012
    Honestly. i want them to bring back bodhi for ToB nerfed a bit like serevok (perhaps an elf assassin instead of a vampire). i think that would be very interesting to see her interactions with both the pc and other npc's the interaction between her and the the pc's chosen romance target intrest would be espicially interesting after what occurs in BG2. but over all i'd say 7, Dorn, Neria, Rassad, 3 new ones for bg2, and bodhi for TOB
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

Do we really need *more* good npc's?

We need more GOOD good NPCs :)
    mch202Raistlin82
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited December 2012
    OVER 80% OF THEM QUIRKY GNOMES

No, really, I want like...two, maybe? Three? Still sticking to wanting a no-nonsense Wizard Slayer, a...ehhwhatever, and a female half-orc that makes witty observational comments about things.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Up to 5 is plenty! Others may be added down the road via DLC.

I'm reading that a Thief is already slated.

I think I'd like to see something a little funky by way of a dual-classed character in the mix somewhere.
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    Some dwarves and gnomes are welcome.
    We definitely, need a thief or fighter/thief.
    I would like to see some BG1 NPCs to return (like Kagain, Shar-teel).
    I don't really care to see the new NPCs in BG2, except Neera who is quite fun.
  • Hor89Hor89 Member Posts: 118
    1-3. Dorn, Neera and Rasaad
    4. Good/Neutral dwarf barbarian
    5. Good/Neutral cleric
    6. Good sorcerer
    7. Neutral thief
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Not more than five new NPCs. Add more than that, and it quickly becomes overwhelming for new players. Further NPCs can be added as DLC, mods, etc.

On top of my wish list is an evil thief. We already have a good thief (Imoen - who can *just* see the party through ToB with the right equipment) and a neutral thief (Jan).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    1-3 Dorn, Neera, Rasaad
    4 Evil Female Thief
    5 Something else cool
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Dorn, Neera, Rasaad and 3 new ones. Or 3 others from BG1, like Branwen and maybe some more evil-neutral options. And un-pretty females. A female half-orc or dwarf would be nice. I'm a bit tired of the pretty elf girls and their bruised egos. There is a lot room between a man-hating butch like Shar-Teel and a whiny Aerie.
  • HesseHesse Member Posts: 27
    I'm with @fredamora on this one. If by NPC you mean party members the 3 new ones from BGEE should be enough, since I haven't given much attention to some of the old possible party members, yet. But I'd welcome new NPCs with new quests or maybe new shops and new weapons and things like that.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Another bard and another dwarf would be fine!
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    edited January 2013
    I would like to see the following more so for alignment options and story purposes:

Lawful Neutral Wizard Slayer
    Lawful Good Undead Hunter
    Neutral Good Sorcerer
    Chaotic Good Swashbuckler
    Chaotic Neutral Halfling Barbarian
    Neutral Evil Assassin
    Lawful Evil Priest of Talos
    Chaotic Evil Jester (A "Joker" type character for Batman Lovers)

Also I would like to see Shar-Teel, Safana, Kagain (how awesome would it be to have Kagain AND Korgan?), Coran and Kivan back...as well as options to get Xzar, Monty, Garrick, Yeslick, Branwen, Ajantis, Eldoth, Skie, Faldorn (with a new option to negotiate with you as a shadow druid / avenger) and Tiax later on down the line.

But really I'll take as many as I can get. Except for Quayle. Arie kind of succeeds him. So no point.

Most of the old Characters who you can't get would just need new dialog trees to rejoin. Easy. The few that are missing could be found again in the Copper Coronet and the new characters proposed could be just about anywhere. I don't think they all need romance options or crazy side quests, but having a big mix would be so fun. The game would gain a ton of replay value.
  • n2nwn2nw Member Posts: 8
    I'm always up for another romance, but I'd be happier just expanding the npcs that are already there (including the ones from the original BG as well as the new). The flirt mods/banter packs for the old BG were awesome and I'd like to see some of that in the vanilla.

I like being able to give and take with the NPCs and I'd give up any new characters for more in-depth relationships, especially with the romances. And I'd do a happy dance in the middle of the street wearing only leaves if I was given a chance to leave Jaheira speechless. I love her and always take her along, but I'd love to get to be the sassy, little sister type that got to rib her from time to time.
  • AesgarethAesgareth Member Posts: 16
    I would like an Inquisitor Paladin that doesn't try to kill viconia but that's too much to ask i guess.