Skip to content

Black Pits completed? Strange ending... *MASSIVE SPOILERS EVERYWHERE ! ! !*

Is this a bug? Putting this here first before going to the bugs page, because I am not sure if I have completed it properly or I have skipped a section...

Was I supposed to fight the eye tyrant who gives you advice?

After defeating the fire giant and gang (what a fight that was! My sorcerer basically carried my whole group along and then turned absolutely useless on me... Don't fill up on flame arrows, fireballs and melfs mini missiles...) I had a chat with the eye tyrant for advice and he then tells me to make my peace with the Gods and prepare to die when facing him next...

Instead... I fought Bealoth and his lackeys (Easy with a sorcerer with 6 spell thrusts to use although my whole group near enough died, and they died properly, from poisoning...)

After that the Geas went, had a nice chat with some freed slaves, then the Some mad duregar tried to kill me so made my exit...

So... the question is... Where is the eye tyrant? Should you just attack him in the cells?

While were at it... What does that scroll do you get from Kroncer the Old?

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Yeah... And that Najim doesn't send you back to where your supposed to go...
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Yes, you need to attack the beholder in his cell...you need to... definitively.
    @Edwin That was the shortest fight I have ever had the pleasure of partaking in the Realms.

That was also the worst advice given to a fellow player...

I also fell off the back of my chair laughing :) Why did I not do that before!
    So... The reason you don't fight the eye tyrant is because he would kill you instantly? Seems a bit odd to make you THINK that you gonna fight him... What happens to him? Has he gone to Specsavers to get two for one on glasses (He'll need six pairs at least...)
  • wildwild Member Posts: 43
    You killed Baeloth too fast to fight the beholder
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I've heard that Baeloth summons the beholder when the fight goes against him, but haven't experienced it myself. Apparently you're "supposed" to dispose of Baeloth's two teammates first for the Beholder to then arrive, which seems like flawed design to me. Who leaves the mage for last?
    Stupid Bumcloth keeps dieting before that damn Rakasha... Has anyone had any luck Osulute sphereing him?
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    If you kill the Duergar and Rakshasha BEFORE Baeloth, he will summon in the beholder once those two are dead.
    If you manage to beat Baeloth first, the battle just ends when you kill the dwarf and the rakshasha.
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    If you don't leave with Najim is there anyway to beat the duregar or do they just spawn until everyone is dead?
    I managed to kill Rakshakakahn (can I rockya Shakakahn, cause I feel for you... You really gotta be an eighties child for that reference...) and the Duregar. This was quite difficult as Bumcloth kept taking dirt naps. The beholder appeared confused everyone to attack him and then died... Nice!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    O.o I was wondering about that... In my final battle, the rakshasa dude just stands around and does nothing at all, while Baeloth starts casting and the duergar charges at me. Obviously I ignored him because he ignored me, and killed the other two first. I assume he's not supposed to stand around like that pesky fight isn't his business?
    Shakakahn would cast spells and run away if you attack him... It is this avoidance strategy that results in Bumcloth being wiped out first...
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    If you don't leave they just keep on coming, I consoled in 4 rings of regeneration for my team and put them all on fighter aggressive scripts. Left it running overnight. Come back 9 hours later and my team was still killing duregar. My Dwarven berserker had 1500+ kills.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Hm, no, not casting either. He doesn't move at all. What a whimp.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    If you kill Baeloth's 2 friends before him and take too long in finishing him off, he then calls in the Beholder/Eye Tyrant to fight you.
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    Can anyone enlighten me as to what the final sequence is alluding to?

"As the Black Pits fade from your view, an unfamiliar sight takes shape on the other side..."

Or is this a simple teaser for any potential Black Pits follow up?

Also. My final auto-save was directed to the Baldur's Gate folder, not the Black Pits folder. Is this normal?
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    RnRClown said:

"As the Black Pits fade from your view, an unfamiliar sight takes shape on the other side..."

I think so. That's my theory as well.

BG2:EE will probably have some kind of similar add-on content.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    RnRClown said:

As you surmise, it's probably a teaser.