Skip to content

We need a thief NPC in BG2:EE!

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    If it's supposed to be possible to romance the character, please make it a human. Jaheira, Viconia, Aeire, we got enough elven characters.
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    This

Please not *another* elf. I thirst for a NE female Dwarven Cleric/Thief of Abbathor. Both with romance and beard of course!

would be boss tbh.

Or if people don't want a multi-class, Swashbuckler maybe? Evil dwarven pirate sounds fun.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NeuromancyNeuromancy Member Posts: 5
    Rework the Xzar/Montaron quest so that you can bring them back into your party at the end of it. I'm sure you could even re-hire the old voice actors for some updated dialogue, if not, just use the original BG ones.

Barring the above, an evil half-orc male/female thief (multi-class or otherwise) would rock as well.
  • ADHDADHD Member Posts: 9
    a female dwarf rogue would be awesome... also, i can't be the only one who also think that they should add a good aligned sw+shield base character, because the only nice one is Korgan and he dosn't really fit in a team of heroes
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    The answer is simple

ANYTHING EVIL!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Evil you say? Mod plug http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=4740.0 How's that for evil?

The answer is simple

ANYTHING EVIL!

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813

Evil you say? Mod plug http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=4740.0 How's that for evil?

The answer is simple

ANYTHING EVIL!

Ok I change my mind. ANything Evil and not named Alexia!! :D

• UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    I would like to see a fighter/thief multi class. Coran is already there so maybe they could make him available?
    That makes us sad. :(

The answer is simple

ANYTHING EVIL!

Ok I change my mind. ANything Evil and not named Alexia!! :D

• AesgarethAesgareth Member Posts: 16
    I want a recruitment option for Kangaxx :D. Also he has to be romancible by both genders !!!
    Nothing like having a demi-godlike character in your party. He can toss around all of those timestop spells and kill your enemies for you. Or imprison them. :)
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Human Thief kit (preferably Assassin), with an Evil bent.

That, or bring back Shar-teel, dual-class her into a Thief, and make it her "Special NPC" thing to be an Assassin (which is normally impossible when dual-classing to Thief). She doesn't have any part in BG2, so the contract thing should not be a problem.
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    While I find it annoying not having much in the way of options for thieves in BG2, I think that's kind of intentional. With Imoen gone you've really only got one option, and I think we all know how that turns out.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    We're loving bad elven girls! :-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Bring Isabella into the game (from DA2) :-)))
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I think a neutral one might work the best, maybe make the romance, if one is present, change the NPCs alignment towards the PCs be it good or evil.
  • azidahakaazidahaka Member Posts: 19

Rework the Xzar/Montaron quest so that you can bring them back into your party at the end of it. I'm sure you could even re-hire the old voice actors for some updated dialogue, if not, just use the original BG ones.

THIS. I tried lots of times to save xzar when that %&%°@ harper polymorphs and kills him. it was huge letdon you could do nothing about it ever, not even reviving them
  • KushuKushu Member Posts: 70
    edited January 2013
    Can't vote. I want "Human, thief base with option to dual out after joining (like yoshi)"

I said it in a similar thread the other day, and I'll say it here.
    Silke.

Barring this, yes. Evil human thief. Possibly assassin. Don't make it mage-dualable. If anything, cleric as an option after we gain control of the character might be cool. You can backstab with clubs and staves, right? Anything the thief can use without UAI? So you could run her with Gnasher for most of bg2 and eventually upgrade to Blackblood and then Detonation 5. Hmmm...I wonder if Gnasher Poison and Assassin poison stack! That'd be quite lovely and assassin-ey, I think.

Just think, you could encounter a cutscene where she's racing for her life. She sees your group, uses you as a distraction, hides in shadows. Some paladin comes up and accosts you and just as he's about to throw you in chains, she--in a scripted scene--chunks him and is like "A little help?"

Also? There is currently an identical topic on this same page.
    I believe it too has a poll.
    I guess the swashbuckling male character is dead in this age. There were so many characters like Coran who would romance the woman. James Bond comes to mind. At least James Bond before his current incarnation as a primarily action hero. I miss those type of characters. I like Isabella from Dragon Age a lot, but I never got the idea of a female swashbuckler. It seems nice, but a woman has more to worry about when sleeping around with a lot of guys ;). Of course that is only party of being a swashbuckler. I consider the fighter/thief to be more of a swashbuckler than the swashbuckler kit lol.

It's also interesting to see how many people like to play an evil party these days. I never was a big fan, but I am not against it either. I prefer to play a good aligned party. I tried played Knights of the old Republic as a bad NPC and didn't enjoy it very much. I guess it would be ok to see and evil aligned thief for evil parties. You could argue there is already Jan though.
  • KushuKushu Member Posts: 70
    I think the desire to be evil stems from american attraction to the concept of anti-heroes and "bad boys".

As for a swashbuckling figure (male or female)...we have Haer'Dalis, but I guess he's really the only one who presents himself in that way and then you have to be prepared for what I assume is a lot of camp and poetry that I don't care to read.

I suppose I'm not particularly attached to the notion of "Evil". But I am personally attached to the concept of some type of pure thief. Or not even pure, just an advancing thief to complement the three that exist in BG2 (Jan, Yoshi and MrTOB). We have a bounty hunter, so it'd have to be pure thief, assassin, swash or multiclass.

Of these, I do like instilling a cleric component into the mix somewhere. Either as a dual optional or multiclass component. Doing so shores up another weakness in the roster (3 clerics: aerie, anomen and viconia)

Which leaves us with t/c multi, assassin->cleric, or swash->cleric.
    I am a fan of assassins as a concept in this game. It could go with the whole "extremely devout, religious executioner" angle of character writing.
    I don't think I'd ragequit if the toon was a swash, though.

...HA!!
    Swash-->Cleric of sune. Fits perfectly kind of!
    Thief/Cleric would definitely be something different. I wouldn't mind seeing more gnome/dwarf/halfing NPCs. In fact there are almost no good aligned variants. In Dragonlance I always liked Flint Fireforge and Tasslehoff Burrfoot. In the Forgotten Realms Drizzt had some non human/elf companions that were good aligned and interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing a good aligned Dwarf thief/cleric multiclass. I believe that is possible. It would also be interesting to see a Halfling that isn't a thief and a gnome that isn't a mage.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742

It would also be interesting to see a Halfling that isn't a thief and a gnome that isn't a mage.

mazzy says hello

• MaiNoKenMaiNoKen Member Posts: 12
    Need more midgets in BG2 anyway :-) So Alora is a possibility.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

It would also be interesting to see a Halfling that isn't a thief and a gnome that isn't a mage.

What's the point of running a Gnome that isn't a Mage? Gnomes dominate Mage multi-class.

That said, Mazzy is a Halfling Fighter (wannabe Paladin) and Tiax is a Gnomish Cleric/Thief. You're welcome.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    A bit off topic, but how about a non-elven non-romanceable cleric. There are 3 clerics in BG2 - Aerie, Anomen and Viconia. All romanceable, 2 elves, 1 chauvanist manchild. You need one of them (unless Charname is a cleric) and the option to get someone fresh in is too tempting.

I humbly submit that a new divine caster would be of immense benefit to the player community. Pure, kitted or a non-BG2 multiclass for preference, so a cleric-thief could be very cool, or one of the cleric kits that most people miss in favour of a dual/multi cleric.
  • emjayemjay Member Posts: 84
    This reminds me of the first time I played BG2 and dualled Yoshi to Fighter for reasons unknown to me now. Needless to say it didn't end too well for me.
  • GodwineGodwine Member Posts: 12
    We need a thief desperately, but no more elves, please!
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Godwine said:

We need a thief desperately, but no more elves, please!

Agreed. Way too many elfs and humans already. I want evil thief pure preferably, kit ok too, but no multi/dual class. Race could be whatever really as long it ain't human/elf, planetouched race would be a nice touch though!