Skip to content

Option to show damage calculations

nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
I think there should be a feature where the player can elect to have the damage calculation shown to them. Right now one can have the to hit rolls shown or not, but I would like to have a feature where base damage + str + proficiencies, etc is listed.

So instead of it just saying PC did 18 damage to Ogre it would say

PC did 8+5+3+2=18 damage to Ogre

Make this an option so anybody that doesn't want to see they don't have to, that way it is only helpful as I see it.

I think this would cause any bugs pertaining to that info to be caught much quicker as well as teach players more about how the game works.
ajwzTJ_HookerErgjfliederSirK8elminster00zim00

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Hmm, this makes sense, since you can already view the to hit calculation under feedback.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    edited January 2013
    absolutely agree. the more transparent the rules, the better. ToEE handles that quite well
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    There was an ini option for that in ToB but I remember reading here someone tested it in EE and it doesn't work.
    mlnevese said:

There was an ini option for that in ToB but I remember reading here someone tested it in EE and it doesn't work.

really? I have it installed, what's the file called?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    BG2 had a baldur.ini setting "ExtraCombatInfo" that would show you the THAC0 and Damage calculations (every single adjustment). It does not work in BG:EE.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7518/editing-baldur-ini-extra-combat-info
    ajwz
    @LMTR14

Edit baldur.ini and under Game Options add:

Extra Combat Info=1
    LMTR14
    mlnevese said:

@LMTR14

Extra Combat Info=1

Have you actually tried that in BG:EE?

Nope. But I remember someone tried and it didn't work. I just gave the BG2 syntax as LMTR14 said he had BG2 installed and wanted to try it.
    mlnevese said:

@LMTR14

Extra Combat Info=1

interesting, but I also can see why it's not on on default ;-)

tx
  • LeronisLeronis Member Posts: 112
    On the Character and Inventory screens you get a damage range breakdown for the equipped weapon.
    I tried it on the EE using the new syntax with no luck at all. Tried both "Extra Combat Info" and "ExtraCombatInfo" as Game Option and Program Options. It's either disabled or the option has changed name.
    edited January 2013
    Leronis said:

On the Character and Inventory screens you get a damage range breakdown for the equipped weapon.

Neither of which give you the full picture as they are only the base numbers without a modifier.

This is all of the information that goes into attack and damage calculations

Spjuv3rn
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    This is officially elminster endorsed :D
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Informative, but damn that's a wall of text for every swing.
    00zim00