Skip to content

Games You Would Recommend

Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
For what ever reason allot of good games are passed over list a few.

Too Human - may be hard to find but an epic game
Divine Divinity - If you have not seen this one it's a real treat BG meets elder scrolls.
Lunar - One of the best rpgs I have ever played
Teflon

Comments

• amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    Anachronox
    Beyond Good and Evil (still can't believe i found it new for 99p in Game years ago)
    Fallout Tactics
    Vampire The Masquerade Redemption
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Recettear
    The longest journey
    The whole total war series.
    Teflon
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    The secret of the monkey island1&2 - Teaches you adventure game could be fun and bebefit of well made game.
    Fallout 3 - Filial duty and family bond(Plus power of the user made MODifications, expansibility)
    Starcraft-You can feel the wrath and power of old players, single campaign is fun though.
    Diablo 2 - Simply good to spend time and good for farming.
    Sims 3-Could be dangerous but you can live another life through yer sims.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I've been having a blast with Saints Row: The Third. It uses the same engine as GTA but while I've never been a fan of those games, Saints Row is a lot of fun. I don't think I've ever been so entertained by the NPCs in a game since BG2.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    torchlight II
    Half Life
    Dishonored
    Bioshock
    Final Fantasy tactics
    All Elder Scrolls games after Arena
    Teflon
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Scratches - THE game if you like horror adventures set in a spooky house.
    Legend of Grimrock - If you like old-school dungeon-crawlers like "Dungeon Master".
    Dear Esther - It's not exactly a game.. it's an experience!
    L.A. Noir - If you are into "Film Noir", then you simply have to play this!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited May 2013
    Little Big Adventure I and II - it's just a classic but untipical adventure game in interesting world.

Abe's Odysee & Abe's Exoddus - 2d, and again, untipical pratfolmers, with some interaction between characters and creatures, taking place in ODD world. The first game basically made my childhood.

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne - Best Warcraft game for me. Not to mention wondefull lore, plot, characters and so on

Any game from Starcraft series - Classic rts', althought I prefer Starcraft II, primaly because of it being much less linear than the first game and for more "alive" characters.

Any game from Diablo series - The three games that are pretty much different from eachother, but I have a lot fun playing each of them. Diablo I has a really wonderful atmosphere, Diablo II is the most hardcore and has fast pece and Diablo III, in spite of all shortcomings, has the most fluent fighting system and, contrary to "farmers" common beliefs, a lot possibilities to play way you like, not the way you're forced to. Haters gonna hate and suck, thought.

The Witcher I, The Witcher II - Two great rpgs that takes place in the world based on A. Sapkowski's novels. The first game is pretty large and pretty much closer to standard rpg, the second one is shorter, but more fun, fast paced, intensive and non-linear.

PS. Also Fallout I and II. The best post-apocaliptic rpg games for me.

I would like to write more, but I won't, because typically often I like the games other people hate and vice versa. Example, I like a certain pretty much hated and bashed game when an overrated one, in spite of open world and sh*t, bores me endlessly.
    Post edited by O_Bruce on
    Teflon
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    Vandal Hearts (Ps1) - Plays like ff tatics has a crazy awesome story you may be able to pick up one and two on psn if not an emu

Final Fantacy 7 (Ps1) (PC) - I am almost sure everyone has played this but if not there is a pc version as well and this is a must play. FF8 is good aswell it is the last game before they got the new director that has trashed the series.

Secret of the stars (snes) - First rpg I really loved

Star Ocean 2 and 3 (Ps1) - Real time action packed combat, crafting, and a killer story whats not to love.

Legend of Legaia (Ps1) - you would be hard pressed to find another rpg like this.

Suikoden I&II - Awesome games you get like 140 posible party members

There were so many good Rpgs at that time.

There are a lot of games I have not heard of I am playing divine divinity 2 and bg at the moment when I clear one I will start hitting up the ones I have not played.

DreamingViksEudaemonium
  • eltonbarreleltonbarrel Member Posts: 262
    diablo 2

icewind dale 1&2 plus hearth on winter

neverwinter nights

Teflon
  • KankKank Member Posts: 38
    Vampire: Bloodlines (Steam has it)
    System Shock 2
    Thief: The Dark Project and Thief II: The Metal Age (Gog and Steam have it)
    Jade Empire
    Arcanum (Gog has it)
    The Walking Dead
    Silent Hill 2 and 3
    Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (Gog has it)

Teflon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Teflon
  • eltonbarreleltonbarrel Member Posts: 262
    worms
    space ace (amiga 500)
    megaman 1
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    The problem is that being a "good game" is pretty subjective.

Example:
    I think that Too Human was a really fricking terrible game. A boring protagonist, a cliched storyline, and irritating unintuitive controls. All together make one of the worst games I have had the misfortune of playing.

And lots of people absolutely hate Jade Empire, but I love it. I think its a fricking awesome game.
    KurumiQuartzEudaemonium
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Neverwinter Nights I and its expansions
    Mount & Blade: Warband
    edited January 2013
    Your comment about too human controls is telling, because after a short time it was sleight of hand. It seems comprehension is the issue; "The problem is that being a "good game" is pretty subjective" .
    There may be some games you dislike on the list keep it to yourself plz this is about expansion of gaming exp.

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. - Buddha

Edit: spelling
    So what?

I am not allowed to my opinion? I am not allowed to disagree with you and have the subjective and personal opinion that Too Human was a fricking terrible game?

I am sorry but I am not slagging off you for liking it, or telling you that you aren't allowed to like certain games so why are you telling me to shut up and keep my opinion to myself about what I like and don't like?

I was merely pointing out the fallacy in asking for recommending "good games" when what is "good" is entirely subjective.

As a Buddist I find it massively offensive that you would use The Buddha as support for your exclusionism. How dare you. You obviously have no idea what that quote by the Buddha means.

You have also focussed on the entirely wrong part of my post. Too Human was an EXAMPLE of subjective opinion and how it differs from person to person.
    My point was that without knowing what kind of games you like, and what kind of things you like in games it is difficult for others to make recommendations to you because your opinion on what is good could be (and appears to be) completely different from mine. Or other peoples.
    My point is that your post was not sufficiently clear in order to allow people to give you a clear answer.

As I pointed out, I love Jade Empire but I see it getting panned on forums everywhere as a "bad game" all the time. It baffles me because I love it, and I think a lot of the hate for it comes from the fact that it is "different" from Bioware's usual style. But those people are entitled to their opinion. I would never tell them otherwise.

You can not solicit peoples opinions and then tell them to shut up and keep their opinions to themselves because their opinion is different from yours and not what you wanted to hear. That is rude, offensive, and frankly childish.

I would ask you to apologise for responding in such a rude way to me, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Eudaemonium
    edited January 2013
    The subject for the post is Games You Would Recommend. Troll somewhere else, but If you would like to learn how forums work look below. The video is for the steam forums, but works for most.

I am sorry If anything I have written has upset you.

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. - Napoleon Hill
    Edit: addition
    Post edited by Chaotic_Good on
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    For all you turn based fans:
    Heroes of Might & Magic (all of them, but part 3 in particular)
    Jagged Alliance 2 (Turn based tactical Sim game were you assemble a small team of mercenaries to rid a small country of a dictator)
    toanwrath
    edited January 2013
    Once again you are focussing on the wrong part of my post.

And once again being incredibly rude about it too.

My point was that your OP wasn't very clear, and what you are asking is entirely subjective; and without further information people can't really respond with any degree of accuracy.
    If this is a thread meant to give YOU ideas about what games to give a shot, then we need more information about what you like.
    If it is a thread for people to post games they like, in order to give others ideas for games to play, we still need more information about what they like about those games. What makes them good.

Pointing out that subjective opinion is subjective opinion is not trolling mate.

Asking for more information is not trolling either.

But whatever. You obviously have some sort of problem going on there. I don't really care.

Do as you please.
  • roboticsunroboticsun Member Posts: 42
    I just want to list some games that were severely underrated:

- Gothic 3: A beautiful game hampered by loads of bugs and performance issues

- Heroes of Might and Magic IV: in my opinion, this game is just as good as HoMM3

- Jade Empire: underrated and under-appreciated, one of BioWare's best.

- Drakensang the Dark Eye: A hidden gem. plays much like NWN2
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Zork 1, 2 and 3.

Teflon
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Lots of mods make re-playability great with these games.

Fallout 3 is calling my name right now. Installed some mods that I haven't tried yet.
    thedemoninsideTeflonCrevsDaak
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I've been playing Mark of the Ninja recently, got it for 10,- on Steam.
    It's a very, very good 2D ninja game, based on stealth and quickness. I've really been enjoying it so far so I advise anyone who likes sneaking and murdering unsuspecting guards to pick it up. (It's quite possible to make it through the entire game without killing anyone but the murder animations are so much fun, I always stealth-slaughter everyone)

For older games; Ghostmaster is a hilarious ghost-sim game, where you have to terrorise a small town with your incorporeal minions.
    Dungeon Keeper is an alltime classic of dungeon building and hero torturing that should be played by anyone.
    The Monkey Island and Space Quest games are fantastic adventure games that make your head hurt from difficulty and your belly hurt from laughter.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Whale Trail - iOS.
    CrevsDaak
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    edited January 2013
    Although it isn't a less known title, I do recommend Morrowind, especially with all the mods available. I still think it is the best in the Elder Scroll series - better than Oblivion, better than Skyrim.

As for more 'oldskool' titles, I would say Arcanum - which is really under-appreciated -

and Disciples 2, which is a turn based strategy game with rpg elements -
    DrugarValen
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Both excellent titles. I've put more time into Arcanum than I've put into most of my studies (no, they did not work out).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    TeflonEdwin
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Paradadox Interactive games. Especially Europa Universalis 3 with expansions (4 will be here in a year or so) and Crusader Kings 2.
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    @Aristillius I think Crusader Kings 2 is interfering with my life, I am getting way too attached to my dynasty, and the short soundtrack loop is stuck in my head. I am trying not to play it right now.

This thread has some quality recommendations, (although Arcanum is a mess of a game). So in addition to giving an extra plug to Gabriel Knight, I would also suggest Spec Ops: The Line. A modern military shooter for anyone sick of modern military shooters.
    Aristillius