Skip to content

The Walking Dead game won Game of the Year

13»

Comments

• DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    You can beg to differ all you want @H0RSE and all the rest who dog it, but you can't argue with the popularity and fame this franchise has achieved since the show hit 2 years ago.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Daelric said:

You can beg to differ all you want @H0RSE and all the rest who dog it, but you can't argue with the popularity and fame this franchise has achieved since the show hit 2 years ago.

I'd be careful with the "it's popular, therefore it must be good" line of thinking; it can lead to disturbing conclusions...
    @TJ_Hooker Did I ever say "It's popular, therefor it must be good"??? No, not once.

I played the game, watch the show, and read the comic books... I enjoy them much, and it's rise in popularity proves many others do too. Of course, this is only people's opinion we're talking about and opinions certainly aren't facts (thank frickin' god).
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013
    Daelric said:

@TJ_Hooker Did I ever say "It's popular, therefor it must be good"??? No, not once.

I played the game, watch the show, and read the comic books... I enjoy them much, and it's rise in popularity proves many others do too. Of course, this is only people's opinion we're talking about and opinions certainly aren't facts (thank frickin' god).

Yeah I know you didn't say those words. I didn't mean to imply that I was directly quoting you. It's just that you've spent most of this thread talking about how awesome the franchise is, and when @HORSE disagreed, you retorted with a line about the franchise's popularity. This seemed to imply that you thought that the fact that the franchise was popular was an appropriate counter argument to someone saying the franchise isn't that great, or in other words, thought that the franchise's popularity showed that it is great. Sorry if I misconstrued what you said.
    Noo stop, don't make me feel bad now I didn't mean to be short with any of you its just how I type I guess... I blame my Italian-American family who's always yelling at one another but no one takes anyone seriously.
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375

@State_Lemming
    They were talking about the PC ready to die edition Aug 24 2012

My mistake. Still that seems like an iffy nomination if the core of the game came out a year before.