Skip to content

Does this POC work on ANY platform??????

Ok, pretty frustrated here. I was playing on my IPAD before but the lack of any forseeable patch for that platform had me transfer my save game over to the PC version. Things were going fine until I tried the quest in Beregost for Garrick/Silke. I killed Silke but was unable to loot her. I then could not interact with Garrick or any of the 3 characters that showed up for the Silke Cutscene. Ok, fine, reload a previous save game. NOW I cannot talk to Garrick, Silke or loot anything or enter any building. How could this be screwed up bad???????

Is there anything I can do to recover or should I just uninstall the game and write off the $$$$$

Kevin

Comments

• kverdonkverdon Member Posts: 27
    Well this is just lovely. Since the Silke quest bugged out on me, no matter WHAT save game I load, no matter from how long ago, I cannot:

1. Loot any corpse
    2. Enter any building
    3. Change zones.

It seems comical that I actually paid for this program.

Kevin
    So tried uninstalling both BGEE and the Beamdog client and re-download and re-installed both. Even started a new game from scratch. Still cannot enter any building. This is the biggest joke of a software release I've ever seen (Ok, IL2 COD and BC300AD **May** beat it, but not by much.).

KV
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It could be a problem stemming from the different versions (until the next patch is released, the iPad and PC versions aren't properly synchronized), which could be corrupting your installation.

From the game's launcher, try clicking the button at the bottom right corner of the window to repair your installation.

If that doesn't work, send an email to support@beamdog.com and I'll try to look at it more closely.
    Well here is what I did.

Deleted BGEE from my PC.
    Deleted Beamdog Client from My PC
    Delete all BGEE saved games from My PC.
    Emptied the recycle bin.
    Rebooted the PC
    Reloaded the Beamdog Client.
    Redownloaded BGEE from Beamdog.
    Veified that I had no previous saved games
    Started a brand new game using stock character (Abdel)

Cannot enter any buildings.
    Cannot Loot
    Cannot enter into conversation with any other characters. I get the default response with no dialog options, further more, when I right click on the character to talk to, my character does not move over to the character I am talking to, he does not move and I get the default response right away.

This was all working just fine with a save game I had imported from my IPAD and then applied the current PC patch to. After about 30 mins of play I lost the ability to loot, enter buildings or interact with NPC's from even a brand new game.

POBAR,

Kevin (sending to support@beamdog.com as well)
    Ok, went through the uninstall/re-install routine one more time. Now it works with my older save games that I had archived off. Can't explain what made it stop working or what made it start working. This game appears more arcane than computer science :-(

Kevin
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    That's strange that it continued to give you issues after uninstalling and reinstalling the first time. It does seem that the problem had to do with the iPad save being incompatible with the (newer version) PC game, although it shouldn't have corrupted things as much as it did. Glad you got it working; if the problem comes back, let me know.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013
    kverdon said:

Cannot enter into conversation with any other characters. I get the default response with no dialog options, further more, when I right click on the character to talk to, my character does not move over to the character I am talking to, he does not move and I get the default response right away.

You say here that you right-click to talk to people. Are you also using right-click to try to open doors/enter buildings etc? Because right-click only works for moving, everything else is done with left-click.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    Dee
    No was using left click to try to open doors/loot etc. It was probably related to the IPAD transfer issue as the IPAD is on another version now :-( I did not have the old saves deleted the first time I unistalled/Reinstalled so that may have been what bit me. Be happier when they get the two versions synced.
    Dee