Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Update, January 9th, 2013

Comments

• SarikadujaSarikaduja Member Posts: 17

A thought tho... there has been so much discussion on removing bugs that makes me wonder - couldn't you add some bugs into the game - the killable ones. Say... a level with an ultimate bug called "Multiplayer problems" or something? Then the players could also crush some (ankhegs don't count).

You could always just kick back and crush squirrels, bats & rats.
    Playing Chaotic Evil as the God (to be) Mystra means I do cut that wildlife. Got into a fistfight with a squirrel too. I won.
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    Danny said:

Sry but this is so epic fail… I want my money back this game in his temporary status is just 5 € worth. -.-

support@beamdog.com
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It has been released for literally 1 and 1/2 months :/
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77

Danny said:

Sry but this is so epic fail… I want my money back this game in his temporary status is just 5 € worth. -.-

support@beamdog.com
    Done...
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    was the original in different languages? I cant remember
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2013
    vonVince said:

Heh, this is amusing. I not only played but COMPLETED Baldur's Gates back in the day when my English was still very primitive. Guess what - I actually learned a whole lot of English by playing games like Baldur's Gate that had rich, well written dialogue. I don't see point in complaining about lack of translations when you could just start playing and learn something while doing so.

So this is no excuse. Why do you not play in spain? You see you can reverse the question. xD You also recognize that I can English but I simply want play the game in my native tongue. I have also paid for it. And yes it was multilanguage but who cares it's all right as long as the money is right! -.-
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    So Danny Danny boy.. How much have you played the EE vesion ?

I
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Im just wondering . He preordered , and played the game or not , and now wants his money back.. Howso ? (its already weeks ago it came out)
    Im just played it and love it. But i want my money back also because i just realized that i misunderstood the concept of RPG..
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    I don't know what Canadian Law says, as that's what would apply in a case like this, but in my country, the consumer has 7 days to return any product bought online due to not attending expectation. After that it's assumed he agrees to use the product as is...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I think PayPal allows thirty days. Beyond that, I don't even know if it's possible.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @mlnevese I think Alberta doesn't have a requirement for stores to accept returns but I think there's some federal protection for online purchases... it would probably take a painful amount of digging to figure out it there's a time frame.
  • hammernanvilhammernanvil Member Posts: 98
    I've never heard of any law regarding online purchases, didn't even know you could get a refund for digital goods. But in alberta there is a 7-30day refund on most things in stores, but theres always some sort of restriction that applies.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @CorIander Some countries do not have a different law governing digital purchases and presential on store purchases using a general rule for both scenarios. The most common is between 7-30 days depending on the nature of the goods being transanctioned and the way of purchase. This way both buyer's and seller's rights are protected.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    THe UK has one - I know this because you can get a refund for games on steam here, which you can't do in other countries (it's prevented in the ToS)
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    How long must we wait? months? years?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    It's better to wait a little more than to get a buggy version!
  • HectorHector Member Posts: 23
    Now that I have upgraded to Windows 8 (and yes, I mean upgraded because I was on Vista) I can actually play this game on my desktop w/o hassle! Looking forward to the updates.
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    what about now?
  • DivineBloodDivineBlood Member Posts: 32
    honestly why even try get your money back, its such a small cost. Less sooking please
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    So when is this new patch coming out? Multiplayer experience is still very annoying:
    - The game freezes if you catch a sunset or sunrise (missing movies). (And the announcement and advertisement about "all movies are replaced with new ones" is still readable at the Main Page of this game. Why?)
    - You have to scroll to the top of the texts in the chat window every time you want to read what the NPCs tell you because the texts appear wrongly. And the chat window is too high.
    - The characters are still using their combat animations during non-combat events.
    - The characters are still don't obey your orders: you have to give the orders twice, the characters are still going too close to the enemies despite of using bows or spells.
    - Journal is messed up; many entries not disappearing after quest completion, some not appearing at all. The scrolling at the Journal page is terrible, often the entries disappear, and you can't scroll up, just move up to the entries via the sidebar, etc.
    - If you check the bugs section there is still a ton of bugs, many of them wasn't in the original game.
    - I opened many bug reports here, I sent you many mails, I am still waiting for many corrections.
    - Still many movies are missing, and the new ones are too cold and too static.

I excepted much more, the game is out since a month and a half, and the multiplayer game is still a pain to play. I stopped to play this game since one month. When can we play this game in the state it is still advertised on the main page? Thanks.
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Now if we can believe Trent Oster's tweets. For pc.
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    Excited. :-)
  • gustonguston Member Posts: 70
    edited January 2013
    The wait is unbearable!

Sorry, I just saw Persona 4 and I could not resist the urge.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    was the new secret thing that was promised in the new patch?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @smeagolheart
    Yep. I've been sworn to secrecy about what it is, though (except for those who have already found it). ;)
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    @Aosaw
    Can we have hints to the secret? Or perhaps people who know can let us who are on the iPad and don't have access to the super duper secret yet know?
    I hate surprises, I spoil everything for myself...must know!!
This discussion has been closed.