Skip to content

How to forcibly update your Intel drivers *AT YOUR OWN RISK*

2»

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    ibitato said:

Wilbur said:

What driver version can I forcibly install on Fujitsu Lifebook S760 (Win7) to update the drivers? The current driver version is 8.15.10.2025 (date 18.12.2009). I can't seem to find a driver that works.

Mine is Lifebook S series, S710
    I think (if you hame Intel 935GM) that you are in the same boat as me.
    No go,
    I had to install in other lappy to be able to play
    That's what I was afraid of. Luckily I can play on my desktop.

• ermoermo Member Posts: 81
    edited January 2013
    @ibitato and @Wilbur:

The Lifebook S760 and S710 that I have looked up supposedly use Intel Core i5 or i7 CPUs which have an integrated OpenGL 2.1 compatible graphics chip.

Please post your complete CPU models, as that will determine whether my assumption is correct.
    @ermo

I left the laptop at my workplace, but I'll get back to it next week.
  • ibitatoibitato Member Posts: 64
    ermo said:

@ibitato and @Wilbur:

The Lifebook S760 and S710 that I have looked up supposedly use Intel Core i5 or i7 CPUs which have an integrated OpenGL 2.1 compatible graphics chip.

Please post your complete CPU models, as that will determine whether my assumption is correct.

at least mine is old model , Core2Duo and Intel 945GMA
    ibitato said:

ermo said:

@ibitato and @Wilbur:

... Rats.

The graphics processor built into the 945GMA chipset is ... not very capable. I wouldn't expect it to ever work well with BG:EE in its current form unless Overhaul decide to go through with the addition of a dedicated Windows DirectX render code path.

@Nathan: Any word on the OpenGL render efficiency tweaks previously hinted at? Will they help G4x (X4500 IGP) users? And are you still pondering whether to pour resources into a dedicated DirectX render path?
    ermo said:

@ibitato and @Wilbur:

Mine has Intel Core i5.

ermo
    Wilbur said:

ermo said:

@ibitato and @Wilbur:

Mine has Intel Core i5.

then you stand a chance, since integratd gpu might work
    ermo said:

ibitato said:

ermo said:

@ibitato and @Wilbur:

... Rats.

The graphics processor built into the 945GMA chipset is ... not very capable. I wouldn't expect it to ever work well with BG:EE in its current form unless Overhaul decide to go through with the addition of a dedicated Windows DirectX render code path.

@Nathan: Any word on the OpenGL render efficiency tweaks previously hinted at? Will they help G4x (X4500 IGP) users? And are you still pondering whether to pour resources into a dedicated DirectX render path?
    on D3D , I have several games working fine, modern and old games
    yes, its the opengl support for that chip and drivers that make it unplayable.
    others with Intel HD graphics , stand a chance but not me :(
    anyays, I am able to play the game in other lappys I have (discrete Ati 3xxx series, with 512MB VRAM good enoguh)
    Petty is that the lappy where I have installed all my awesome RPGs is the Fujitsu one

ibitato said:

Wilbur said:

ermo said:

@ibitato and @Wilbur:

Mine has Intel Core i5.

The problem is the game runs like crap and I haven't been able to find a driver package that I could update the drivers with.

• Boston1112Boston1112 Member Posts: 19
    Is there any word on if a solution is going to be implemented? I followed the directions and updated my driver. However, the Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit version of the Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family didn't rectify my lag situation: when spells or other environmental effects are going on, the game still lags horribly. Moreover, if multiple fireballs go off the game slows down to such a level that I'm free to go to the kitchen, cook myself Mac and Cheese, come back to the computer and still see the fireball lighting the screen up.

For my part, I love Baldur's Gate, appreciate the work that Beamdog has done, and understand that you folks are juggling a whole host of responsibilities (like the other platform releases) with a rather small team. I'm also willing to play the waiting game because I know that BG is worth it. Nevertheless, could those of us with this problem get a bit off an update about the time frame involved with the potential solution?

Thanks!
    ermo
    Wilbur said:

ibitato said:

Wilbur said:

Mine has Intel Core i5.

The problem is the game runs like crap and I haven't been able to find a driver package that I could update the drivers with.

@Wilbur: What is the specific Intel Core i5 model you have? If you paste your exact CPU model (Core i5-xxx / Core i5-2xxx / Core i5-3xxx) and your Windows OS version (Windows 7 64bit?), I can link you up with the driver you could try to install using the instructions in the first post in this thread?
    ermo said:

Wilbur said:

ibitato said:

Wilbur said:

Mine has Intel Core i5.

@Wilbur: What is the specific Intel Core i5 model you have? If you paste your exact CPU model (Core i5-xxx / Core i5-2xxx / Core i5-3xxx) and your Windows OS version (Windows 7 64bit?), I can link you up with the driver you could try to install using the instructions in the first post in this thread?
    I tried to find that specific core type today (I didn't have much time), but was unable to do so. Where exactly should I find that information? I don't think it's in the downside of the laptop. The operating system is Win7 64bit.

• NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    edited January 2013
    ermo said:

We have stuff in the works - no timeframe just yet. TO clarify - the programmers are hard at work, just as to a specific date I don't have one I can give. A lot of efficiency tweaks have been made, already - but, yeah. We haven't forgotten about this and are still actively working towards a solution for all affected parties.
    SirK8ermoJames
    Wilbur said:

ermo said:

I tried to find that specific core type today (I didn't have much time), but was unable to do so. Where exactly should I find that information? I don't think it's in the downside of the laptop. The operating system is Win7 64bit.
    How about "Control Panel -> System and Security -> System"? That displays my CPU model. =)
    ermo said:

Wilbur said:

ermo said:

How about "Control Panel -> System and Security -> System"? That displays my CPU model. =)
    Ok, thanks. It seems to be Core i5 M 520 (or 520M).

edited January 2013
    Wilbur said:

ermo said:

Wilbur said:

ermo said:

Use the drivers provided here (version 15.22.57.64.2827):

1st generation Core microprocessors, Win7 64bit, .zip format

Then follow Nathan's instructions in the first post in this thread to forcibly update your drivers.

Best of luck!
    WilburNathan
    ermo said:

Wilbur said:

ermo said:

Wilbur said:

ermo said:

Use the drivers provided here (version 15.22.57.64.2827):

1st generation Core microprocessors, Win7 64bit, .zip format

Then follow Nathan's instructions in the first post in this thread to forcibly update your drivers.

Best of luck!
    OMG it's actually working! Thank you so much!

Nathanermo
    edited January 2013
    NOTE: Until Nathan says otherwise, the following is what determines whether your laptop with Intel HD Graphics (and no additional AMD or NVidia graphics) can be made to work with BG:EE.

First, click Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> System and note down:

* Your Operating System (Windows 7 64-bit for instance) and
    * Your CPU model (Intel(R) Pentium (R) CPU B940 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz for instance).

Then check your CPU model against the following:

SUPPORTED:

The following laptop CPUs with Intel HD Graphics can be made to work with BG:EE, provided that you follow the instructions in the first post in this thread.

* Intel Core i3/i5 xxx (1st generation Core microprocessors)
    * Intel Core i3/i5/i7 2xxx (2nd generation Core microprocessors)
    * Intel Core i3/i5/i7 3xxx (3rd generation Core microprocessors)

In addition, the following Celeron and Pentium laptop CPUs that have Intel HD Graphcis can be made to work:

* Pentium P6xxx, U5xxx, 2xxx, B9xx, 9xx
    * Celeron P4xxx, U3xxx, 1xxx, B8xx, 8xx, B7xx, (7xx -- see below)

Now go forcibly update your Intel graphics drivers per the 1st post in this thread. =)

UNSUPPORTED:

ALL other laptops with intel CPUs that do not have discrete AMD or NVidia graphics, including:

* Pentium Txxxx, B7xx
    * Celeron Txxxx, SU2xxx, 9xx, 763, 725C, 5xx
    * Core 2 Duo -- all CPU models
    * Core Duo -- all CPU models
    * Intel Atom -- all CPU models (the exception to this rule is Atom systems with an NVidia ION chipset)

* Please note that this includes all older (@Nathan: Feel free to adapt the above info into your first post. As far as I can tell, it's a pretty bullet proof guideline at this point.
    Post edited by ermo on
    JamesWilbur
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    That's very useful @ermo thanks at least now I know there will be no playing BGEE on my EEEPC Netbook for the moment, shame I only wanted to take one laptop away for work with me
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    edited January 2013
    @ermo, thank you - I'll add that information to the root post.
  • lekikinou33lekikinou33 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 129
    ermo said:

NOTE: Until Nathan says otherwise, the following is what determines whether your laptop with Intel HD Graphics (and no additional AMD or NVidia graphics) can be made to work with BG:EE.

UNSUPPORTED:

ALL other laptops with intel CPUs that do not have discrete AMD or NVidia graphics, including:

* Pentium Txxxx, B7xx
    * Celeron Txxxx, SU2xxx, 9xx, 763, 725C, 5xx
    * Core 2 Duo -- all CPU models
    * Core Duo -- all CPU models
    * Intel Atom -- all CPU models (the exception to this rule is Atom systems with an NVidia ION chipset)

* Please note that this includes all older (@Nathan: Feel free to adapt the above info into your first post. As far as I can tell, it's a pretty bullet proof guideline at this point.

Oh f*** sony and my pentium dual core CPU with intel graphics :( So i must reinstall my old driver constructor because all my games bug with recent driver it's so crazy :( ...

• WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    Confirming a glowing success with a Dell Inspiron 14n11z laptop. As a sidenote, it also raised my Windows Experience Index from a 5.1 to a 5.9. :D
    ermo
    @Wulfy said:

Confirming a glowing success with a Dell Inspiron 14n11z laptop. As a sidenote, it also raised my Windows Experience Index from a 5.1 to a 5.9. :D

Which CPU and OS?
  • WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2013
    @ermo Windows 7 64-bit, Intel Core i5-2450m (HD 3000 graphics). Also did fine with a second generation i3 using the same driver package, and another set of drivers from Intel worked great with a first generation i5 processor combo. All were Windows 7 64-bit, and all were iterations of Dell Inspirons.
    ermo
  • JaynarJaynar Member Posts: 1
    When I finally got to the right graphics driver page, there was no zip to download. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics (Pentium), Windows 7 (64bit), on an HP G72 Notebook. Please help.