Skip to content

Your Favorite Foods (and Recipes!)

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
edited January 2013 in Off-Topic
My wife just brought me something totally awesome for lunch: PotaTopia. Or more correctly, that's the name of the food kiosk where she got the meal. It's called "PotaTopia" and it opened not long ago at a nearby mall. They have a lot of variations on the menu. But she got me red potatoes (best can tell, baked then cut into slivers and sautéed in olive oil) plus broccoli, parsley, and cilantro, and topped with an exquisite tangy garlic cheese sauce.

I could not believe how good it is. I savored every bite, and was sad when the meal came to an end.

Edit: Share recipes if you like!
Post edited by Lemernis on

Comments

• VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Damn. Sounds nice. I am an extreme fan of 'oliebollen' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliebol), but if I have to pick a dish it would be potatoes like you described, a big nice piece of red meat and sufficiently spiced vegetables. Although I cook rice most of the time since I live alone. Easy and quick to prepare and almost just as good as a nice potatoe. Boil 'em, mash 'em, put 'em in a stew!
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @LukevanV: I'm also a huge fan of the so-called 'oliebollen', or 'smoutebollen as we call them locally. :p But most of all I love chocolate. Every kind of dessert with chocolate is a huge treat for me. :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I like my self-made spaghetti/pasta the most. There is also other dish I love, but it would be hard to explain what it is exactly, since it is native to Polish culture.
  • HowieHowie Member Posts: 136
    "steamed chicken with chili" http://baike.baidu.com/view/2108.htm
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Just a nice piece of really fresh fish (cooked), maybe some lemon?
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    @LukevanV
    *w00t* ! I think we have something similar in Germany to 'Oliebollen' as well, but it's sadly a local specialty found in only some regions. And since I moved it's hard to get them...
    It should be the same as I spent several holidays in Netherlands (don't ask..k? ^^) and was lucky to try them at least once. (else I wasn't able to *erm*...whatever!)

My one and only favorite dish is Schnitzel! Typically with potatoes (I love them, could even eat them raw) and some minor side dishes...

I think PotaTopia would also a nice place to settle in for a decent meal for me.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Beef and Ale pie with extra gravy with thick cut chips and mushy peas with a pint of bitter... It's the food of Bhaalspawn!
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Custard pudding and Sundae with soju.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

I've recently been cooking Tilapia with McCormick Seafood Rub on it. I sauté it in olive oil until it's blackened, then put it on a baking pan in a 350 degree oven for about 3-5 minutes. I'll usually steam some green beans along with it (swimming in butter, what the heck). No starch or carb is needed for this meal, really. Anyway, it's really delicious. Some of the rubs out there for fish and chicken are off the hook.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629

You can't believe how nice a piece of well-prepared salmon can be. Hmmm... :9
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    @Lemernis: Tilapia is a very nice fish indeed, good choice! A lot of taste for your gold.