Skip to content

What's our average age?

RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
What is our average age? Are we all family supporting 20 something's? 30 something's?

I'm 29, father of 5 from Australia, been playing BG on and off since 99'
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    How does it feel to play BG upside down? :)
    Seriously though, I'm 20 - from Poland! And I have a family in Australia as well, greetings :)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    And I am as old as the woods
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    I'm 24,,, I think,,, *Shrug* Been playing Baldurs gate sense I was 10 or something :P
  • NeoDragonNeoDragon Member Posts: 169
    Could be interesting to see the results ... but I think you should make a poll about that. It's much easier to 'evaluate'.
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136

How does it feel to play BG upside down? :)
    Seriously though, I'm 20 - from Poland! And I have a family in Australia as well, greetings :)

Dude! Upside down BG is freakin SWEET! U so gotta try it! Rofl!

I myself am 21, will be 22 this November. Student, super-happily in love, currently living with my parents and I don't regret it at all. I love them, I'm glad to have them as my parents.

Started playing Baldur's Gate pretty much in 1999, was 8 back then. And of course didn't speak a word in English, meaning that I had to memorize conversations combo not to anger anyone. Marl is 1-1-3-3-Enter a few times-1 :p

You realize I will now have to go and try that now.... ;)

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Renshtalis : be my guest ;) It's easy 900 XP after all!
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I'm 20 years old and my birthday is the 29th of July.
  • AberdashAberdash Member Posts: 42
    Most of us are probably in our 20s. I'm 25.
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    I'm 28
    @Renshtalis Your character comes from the land down under! Jesus, Men At Work voice set would say it all. Entering battle with some bad guys and your character is like: Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
    You better run, you better take cover!
    That would be the most badass lightning shooting mage ever.
  • davidhxcxdavidhxcx Member Posts: 10
    I'm 26, from Brazil, been playing BG and others RPG in 2003, 2004, didn't know one word in english in the time, so was very difficult to finish the game.
  • gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    edited July 2012
    25. Played BG since its release.
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    I´m 24. Played BG when I was 11/12. Sometimes in 2004 I mostly stopped playing games only to return to them with super new computer in 2008 and continue to play BG as there were still no better RPGs to play to my surprise.
  • ARLENARLEN Member Posts: 3
    24 Year old swedish guy here! Started playing BG at ~13 years old. Always having Major difficulties choosing a class, taking hours just to decide! - Also frowning on people that can pick a class withing a minute, damn you!! :]
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @ARLEN : picking a class within a minute? Oh, that's something only a god-human would be able to do. I usually contemplate on every single action in the game for every class. Sometimes I can even take DAYS to start a playthrough XD
    Maybe this thread should be a poll?
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2012
    Wow, I feel old. 45 years old (played the original BG1 with my newborn son sleeping on my lap, and he's nearly 16 now).
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @Renshtalis maybe try to start a poll with the options 15-20 20-25, 35< <15 etc... after that its a matter of merging threads,,
  • jmanreisjmanreis Member Posts: 39
    39 and I will be bringing some 40+ year olds along with me.
  • ARLENARLEN Member Posts: 3
    Rann said:

Wow, I feel old. 45 years old (played the original BG1 with my newborn son sleeping on my lap, and he's nearly 16 now).

Thats really nice man. I read your post before you edited it, I got abit confused :) Altough nice!

@Renshtalis Your character comes from the land down under! Jesus, Men At Work voice set would say it all. Entering battle with some bad guys and your character is like: Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
    You better run, you better take cover!
    That would be the most badass lightning shooting mage ever.

OMG! I am going to make my next Mage nothing but shocking grasp and chain lightning! And now I gotta go, my men at work album is calling ;)

• RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Actually 'twas my second son, and he's 13 now... sad how the memory is the first to go... :-(
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    25 here. Played BG since it was released -- time flies!
  • YemethYemeth Member Posts: 36
    I'm 25 (Czech rep.), my first bg experience was demo version on pentium 200mhz loong time ago:D
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @Tanthalas Please merge the current thread with the new Poll

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2252/average-bg-gamer-age#latest

We are taking care that you wont get bored :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    25 here
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    26 played BG since its release.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm 23. I'm from Canada ehh (specifically Toronto, Ontario). I've been playing BG since probably 1999, though I can't be sure because that was a long time ago.