Skip to content

Cannot sell my bandit scalp to Officer Vai!?!

VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
edited November 2013 in Fixed
Describe current behavior: Officer Vai doesn't buy anything! I cannot sell her my scalp! (patch 2012, the "last" one)

Describe expected behavior: Officer Vai buy my scalps for 50gb each! (As it was in version 2011 or 2010... anyway, patch 5).

Now what am I suppose to do with my scalps? (And I don't want to sell them for less then 50gb, of course!)

Note1: I did some research and it seems that the script is now STOVAI2.STO that refers to an "Unknown" (39) item... I'll test it I can put it with STOVAI.STO that refers to a misc(0) item...

Note2: And it works! So, I'll write it below clearly!

Describe current behavior: The STO file of Officer Vai "STOVAI2" points to an "Unknown"(39) item...
Describe expected behavior: It should point to a valid item or STOVAI "misc"(0)...

She should only buy scalp but currently, she buys nothing at all!
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited January 2013
    I'm looking at STOVAI2.STO in both 2012 and 2011 and see that she buys only Misc(0). Are you looking at the save game? Do you have anything in your override folder?

My bad, looking at the wrong files
    Post edited by Cerevant on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited January 2013
    She should buy item with itemtype = 39 and new scalps should have an itemtype of 39. Is there any problem with that?
    Your bandit scalps should have an itemtype = 39.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    The problem is that the store file, pulled from the save game, is using the pre-2012 buy criteria of misc(0) items whereas the 2012 item is now type 39. New games (or games where the player hasn't 'shopped' at Vai's) won't have this issue.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Right... Well, if everything is gonna fix itself, then all the better!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The new store was added to make this work for everyone with old saves. So, i'm still puzzled by the problem.