Skip to content

Add Thief/Mage/Cleric Multiclass

2»

Comments

• CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    UAI is an atrocity that should only be available to pure thieves. No more roquefort.
    AntonNordomCrevsDaak
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I always thought that use any item was ridiculously overpowered, and personally think it should only be available to pure class thieves and bards.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Use Any Item.. But, you still need proficiency in the weapons you want to use without gaining a big penalty to thaco right? From what I remember, T/C cannot use anything but blunt weapons and slings.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Mages will still lose spells if wear armor too.
    Xavioria
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    This thing is STILL being touted as a good idea?

If you can find me a race that can triple class and be C/T then sure, otherwise, please stop breaking the rules.
  • Lord_GayLord_Gay Member Posts: 94
    UAI should only be allowed for Bards. UAI is a VERY powerful ability, one which can only stand to be added to a weak class, to keep balance. The incredibly weak Bard deserves UAI and it fits perfectly with their jack of all trades theme. Rogue OTOH was given UAI to reflect their ability to use scrolls in 2E, but It gives them far more item access than they deserve as they already have many useful class features.

Since Bards are already limited to single class, and since IMO they're essentially a F/T/D/M, it makes sense to me that only Bards should have it.

I have no problem with new triple classes; I don't understand people's opposition based on "official" rules.
    Xavioria
    Wouldn't a gnome (who can already be C/T) be the only candidate for this triple class?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    There's enough fricking classes, kits, races.. good god people. Where's my half-giant dual wielding bastard swords?!
    Xavioria
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited September 2012
    I'm cool with it. I also want dwarven wizards, evil rangers (and no fallen rangers), half orc sorcerers, non human paladins, clerics with blades, etc, etc

Edit: I played 2e back in the day btw. we had these things called "house rules" (old man voice) and we liked ' em

Edit2: don't the kids today read shirley jackson s lottery? Don't they know that blind adherence to tradition eventually leads to human sacrifice? Or at the very least arbitrary and unnecessary restrictions

:)
    Darkchanter
    @HaHaCharade I would hit promote, because you sir, are a visionary
    HaHaCharade
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

There's enough fricking classes, kits, races.. good god people. Where's my half-giant dual wielding bastard swords?!

If we're getting half-giants I want mine dual wielding two-handed swords. They're big enough for that.

And I want Thri-kreen doing 4 attacks/round in level 1 with 4 different weapons. ;)

In a more serious note I'd really like to see a Baldur's Gate-like Darksun game... It's a shame it'll never happen.

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Fighter / Cleric exists
    Fighter / Mage exists
    Mage / Cleric exists

Fighter / Mage / Cleric exists

Fighter / Mage exists
    Fighter / Thief exists
    Mage / Thief exists

Fighter / Mage/ Thief exists

Mage / Cleric exists
    Mage / Thief exists
    Cleric / Thief exists

Mage / Cleric / Thief needs to exist

Thanks for considering.
    dragondrive666
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212
    A Cleric/Mage/Thief would be great. I don't believe a purist would like it though as it isn't in the PnP game. But I'm not a purist and would definitely love to play a C/M/T. I wouldn't rush into a melee with one though, but it gives you access to all abilities and spells (apart from those druid specific). But I wonder what the bottom menu would look like.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited January 2013
    I'd rather see the other missing official multiclasses implemented first, before they start getting crazy on adding completely off the wall stuff. Druid/Mage, Fighter/Druid/Mage, Ranger/Druid.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Druid/Mage would be awesome.

@ZanathKariashi

So Gnomes can't be a C/I/T in PnP? I thought they might could since they can C/I, C/T, and I/T.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited January 2013
    The only races that can be triple class are elves (FMT) and half-elves (FMT, FMD, FMC). At least in the core game. I'm still working my way through the supplements so, I won't say for 100% yet that they can't, just that I haven't found a rule for it.

Just because a race can be a class individually doesn't mean they can be all combinations of it.

Elves can be single class fighters, thieves, mages, and clerics, but can't be F/M/C, M/C, C/T, or F/C.

Half-elves on the other hand have every core multi-class combination, including exclusive access to the 4 Druid multiclasses, except for C/T.

And I agree UAI could probably use some revising. It doesn't technically even exist in PnP. Thieves get a skill that lets them cast spells from scrolls. Bards get an ability that lets them use mage specific wands, rods, and staves. And another that lets them make magical potions and create scrolls of spells they know.

Theives are also supposed to have a HLA that gives a constant, passive non-detection effect.
    Post edited by ZanathKariashi on
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Hmm, I can't wait for the Fighter/Mage/Cleric/Thief/Bard/Babysitter multiclass.

If we can put people on the moon (could?), we should be able to play Fighter/Mage/Cleric/Thief/Bard/Babysitter in BGEE. This is not the Sovietunion in the 70's.....Freeeeeedom!!!!!!
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited January 2013
    The obvious answer here is for the staff to actually start externalizing the data in the externalization request list. That way we could just mod stuff like this in. It would also shut up a lot of people complaining that BG:EE is no different from the original: externalizing everything makes it much more modder friendly.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]