Skip to content

IWD & IWD2 portraits and soundsets

Hi there,

I own the games and I was wonderin if anyone has a link to somewhere that already has these ready to use for BGEE.

Thanx and Cheers

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Check this out, within the collection I have uploaded all the IWD and IWD2 portraits resized for use :)
    certusThe_New_RomanceLokimon
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Some time ago, I made a voice package with the IWD, IWD:HoW and IWD2 sounds for Baldur's Gate.
    Only problem here: it's german ^^' http://g2f.nl/03uaxbw
    toanwrathDarkDogglolien
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    I would also be interested in the soundsets (in English, as I don't speak German) from the Icewind Dale series. There are just so many more choices than Male 1-6...
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    I have all of the IWD2 (don't see a reason to list IWD, doesn't the sequel come with all of IWD portraits as well?) and NWN portraits. I just took screenshots and cropped the portraits out, which means they are at inconsistent dimensions, but that's easy enough to fix with just about any image editing software.

Does anyone have the NWN2 portraits?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Is there still a problem with importing custom voices into BG:EE?
  • Capac_AmaruCapac_Amaru Member Posts: 21
    Yup.
    Allright, here's a how to get the voice sets:

First, you need IWD2. It also has all the voice sets of IWD1 and HoW. Then you install it and copy the "sounds" folder from the game directory. Now comes the tricky and exhausting part:

Naming them all correctly. Here are the voices for all the character sounds that can be used in BG.
    Please note, that there are not enough IWD sounds for all those that are needed in BG. But that's ok, you character will just stay silent when a missing sound is going to be played. Make also sure, that the parts with the XXXXXXX is exactly the same for each voiceset.

XXXXXXXa.wav : Battlecry 1
    XXXXXXXb.wav : Becomes Leader
    XXXXXXXc.wav : Tired
    XXXXXXXd.wav : Bored
    XXXXXXXe.wav : Heavily Injured
    XXXXXXXf.wav : Selected 1
    XXXXXXXg.wav : Selected 2
    XXXXXXXh.wav : Selected 3
    XXXXXXXi.wav : Command Confirmed 1
    XXXXXXXj.wav : Command Confirmed 2
    XXXXXXXk.wav : Command Confirmed 3
    XXXXXXXl.wav : Hit
    XXXXXXXm.wav : Dies
    XXXXXXXn.wav : In the Wilds
    XXXXXXXo.wav : In a City
    XXXXXXXp.wav : In a Dungeon
    XXXXXXXq.wav : Dawn
    XXXXXXXr.wav : Dusk
    XXXXXXXs.wav : Command Confirmed 4
    XXXXXXXt.wav : Command Confirmed 5
    XXXXXXXu.wav : Command Confirmed 6
    XXXXXXXv.wav : Command Confirmed 7
    XXXXXXXw.wav : Partymember dies
    XXXXXXXx.wav : Selected 1 (rare)
    XXXXXXXy.wav : Selected 2 (rare)
    XXXXXXXz.wav : Critical Hit on Enemy
    XXXXXXX1.wav : Critical Miss on Enemy
    XXXXXXX2.wav : Target Immune to Weapon
    XXXXXXX3.wav : Backback full
    XXXXXXX4.wav : Pickpocketing Success
    XXXXXXX5.wav : Hide in Shados Success
    XXXXXXX6.wav : Cast Spell Fail
    XXXXXXX7.wav : Set Trap
    XXXXXXX8.wav : Battlecry 2
    XXXXXXX9.wav : Battlecry 3
    XXXXXXX0.wav : Selected 6
    XXXXXXX_.wav : Selected 8

After naming them all correctly, copy that folder into the language folder you use (it's in the documents folder).
    After restarting the game, you should be able to use them.
    Cal_El
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140

Allright, here's a how to get the voice sets:
    Please note, that there are not enough IWD sounds for all those that are needed in BG. But that's ok, you character will just stay silent when a missing sound is going to be played.

You could probably also reuse the same sound for different entries, just make sure it doesn't get too repetitive/annoying :p
    @PeteAtoms
    Well, that goes for some voices, but in IWD there are no sounds for in the wilds or in the city. Neither for Backpack overload (if I rememver correctly)
  • MemmMemm Member Posts: 26
    I'm also looking to use IWD2 soundsets for BG:EE (like I did for my BG:TUTU with the IWD sound converter).

The only problem I have is that I can't open or listen to the IWD2 sounds through the actual files. They are .WAV as far as I know, but no program I have can open them. The files themselves are named: HMC_01, HMC_02, HMC_03 etc... (MaleWizard4 soundset). This makes it rather challenging to know which sound file corresponds to what sound in-game. I tried naming them 1=a, 2=b, 3=c, etc... but it didn't really work out that great. So, any help with this particular soundset would be much appreciated, as I really, really want (need) to use that soundset for my main character.

Thanks.
    The order of the soundfiles is completly different in BG compared to IWD. Other then that, you can play the files with Near Infinity (google it).
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2012
    PeteAtoms said:

I have all of the IWD2 (don't see a reason to list IWD, doesn't the sequel come with all of IWD portraits as well?) and NWN portraits. I just took screenshots and cropped the portraits out, which means they are at inconsistent dimensions, but that's easy enough to fix with just about any image editing software.

Does anyone have the NWN2 portraits?

If I'm not mistaken NWN 2 didn't have portraits but rather had an image of the characters in-game face. Mask of the Betrayer had portraits however. But MotB only had 5 or 6 joinable npcs.
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167

Some time ago, I made a voice package with the IWD, IWD:HoW and IWD2 sounds for Baldur's Gate.
    Only problem here: it's german ^^' http://g2f.nl/03uaxbw

Dude, this is amazing. It would be greatly appreciated if someone was to be so kind as to upload a similar archive with the English version of these soundsets.

I always loved the IWD2 soundsets but I can't find my copy anymore and paying 10$@GOG.com only for the sounds is a bit hefty imho :D
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    I'm echoing @MrGoodkat's thoughts, if someone has gone through the trouble to convert / rename all the soundsets in english, would they be kind enough to post it?
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    agris said:

I'm echoing @MrGoodkat's thoughts, if someone has gone through the trouble to convert / rename all the soundsets in english, would they be kind enough to post it?

I can do it.
    I think I have all the codecs needed.
    DarkDogg said:

agris said:

I can do it.
    I think I have all the codecs needed.
    That would be VERY much appreciated. I've been searching the web all day but the only thing I found was the converter which requires IWD1 or 2... =(

• Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 50
    IIRC, IWD sounds are in the exact same format (ACM) as BG:EE. After renaming the files, they should play properly in the Character Generation screen. Actually getting them to work in game requires some mucking around with the charsnd.2da file.
    edited January 2013
    MrGoodkat said:

That would be VERY much appreciated. I've been searching the web all day but the only thing I found was the converter which requires IWD1 or 2... =(

IWD2 files are WAVC files compressed.
    No wonder you could not play them in your Media Player :-)

Here you go:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0vbcr3mk5gzh5hr

All IWD2 sound files.
    Converted to normal WAV, so you'll be able to play them in your Media Player.

BTW this converter you have mentioned does nothing with the convertation, but only renames the files with a script.
    MrGoodkatAlkalurops
    Thx man! =)
    I've uploaded the same IWD2 soundsets (in WAV format) with text subs\quotes for each class.
    So you can add to the dialog.tlc IWD2 text lines too, using some modding tools.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?z78fz19bg3nav0n
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @DarkDogg Awesome! Any chance of subs / dlk mods for the IWD1 sounds also?
  • GazodGazod Member Posts: 35
    Bump for IWD1 and expansion sounds