Skip to content

Gorion survives but he dies of fright.

DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
edited January 2013 in Off-Topic
Current behavior:

- I kill Sarevok before he kills Gorion, but he dies anyway. I'm not sure if this is a bug, maybe a heart attack? Did he die of fright?

Expected behavior:

- If Sarevok dies before killing Gorion, he must survive and join to my group. I'm alone in this world, and I need a father's love.

Post edited by Cuv on
moopySirK8FenghoangSCARY_WIZARDIllustairMathmicklunarDJKajuruCoryNewbsarevok57CrevsDaakjackjacklolien

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I should try that some time.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    This has been posted about before. The initial battle between Sarevok and Gorion is scripted to end with Gorion's death. Some people have modded Gorion to be able to beat Sarevok and his entire party. If this happens, Gorion will lie down as though sleeping, and just lie there until Sarevok finally kills him, no matter how long it takes.

Come on, think about it. Gorion's death sets up the entire story. There's no game until that happens.
    KorlamaqSCARY_WIZARDAnton
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    GORION......... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    You can alter the game to make such things happen. One could also pour ether into one's gas tank if one were so inclined....the question is: Why would you?
    lolien
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Edwin said:

the question is: Why would you?

And the answer is: because you can ;)

sarevok57
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Wilbur said:

Edwin said:

Does the same logic apply to sticking one's had in a garbage disposal?
    Ulfgar_Torunn
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Edwin said:

Wilbur said:

Edwin said:

Does the same logic apply to sticking one's had in a garbage disposal?
    Are there garbage disposals in BG:EE? If so then yes it does.

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Gorion? GORION?! GORIIIIIIOOOOON!
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    I didn't alter the game, the trick is: Chain Contingency with three Sphere of Chaos, set the condition to see enemy and the target to nearest enemy.

I saved you, Gorion, Don't even think about dying! You bastard! Why is this happening to me?
    Antonlolien
  • KEGman321KEGman321 Member Posts: 22
    Bhaaldog said:

Never underestimate simian ignorance...

What's a simian?
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Why would Gorion die of fright? He's a seasoned veteran Mage and a Harper, FFS.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    KEGman321 said:

Bhaaldog said:

What's a simian?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simian
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

This has been posted about before. The initial battle between Sarevok and Gorion is scripted to end with Gorion's death. Some people have modded Gorion to be able to beat Sarevok and his entire party. If this happens, Gorion will lie down as though sleeping, and just lie there until Sarevok finally kills him, no matter how long it takes.

Come on, think about it. Gorion's death sets up the entire story. There's no game until that happens.

@belgarathmth I think in that video Gorion slips and falls down to the floor due to Grease spell he has casted. Then he just can't get back up. He's an older man, afterall. That made the video even more funnier IMHO (yeah grease should not really work like that, unless you have spell revisions mod)
    BelgarathMTHProont
  • KEGman321KEGman321 Member Posts: 22
    swnmcmlxi said:

KEGman321 said:

Bhaaldog said:

What's a simian?
    You don't get the joke :( In the top of the Sorcerer's Sundries, there is a mage. He gets angry that you go up there and insults you by calling you a simian. You can either insult him back with a large paragraph of big words to show your intelliegence, or you can simply say, "What's a simian?".
    swnmcmlxijackjacklolien
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    LOL nice. Gonna move this to Off Topic before someone thinks its a real bug.
    IllustairCrevsDaakjackjacklolien
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    edited January 2013
    KEGman321 said:

swnmcmlxi said:

KEGman321 said:

Bhaaldog said:

What's a simian?
    You don't get the joke :( In the top of the Sorcerer's Sundries, there is a mage. He gets angry that you go up there and insults you by calling you a simian. You can either insult him back with a large paragraph of big words to show your intelliegence, or you can simply say, "What's a simian?".
    What's a joke?
    (Yeah, you got me on that quote. Bugger...)
    Post edited by swnmcmlxi on
    Wilburlolien
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    lunar said:

@belgarathmth I think in that video Gorion slips and falls down to the floor due to Grease spell he has casted. Then he just can't get back up. He's an older man, afterall. That made the video even more funnier IMHO (yeah grease should not really work like that, unless you have spell revisions mod)
    Slipping on your own Grease spell...That would be the lamest way to die. EVER. :p
    jackjack
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    DarKelP said:

Current behavior:

- I kill Sarevok before he kills Gorion, but he dies anyway. I'm not sure if this is a bug, maybe a heart attack? Did he die of fright?

Expected behavior:

- If Sarevok dies before killing Gorion, he must survive and join to my group. I'm alone in this world, and I need a father's love.

plot twist : Gorion was not living , already. He was just a variableName getting flagged out by a script.

Is ruining fantasy considered unPG-13 ?