Skip to content

ETA for next patch?

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Elzarath
    Elzarath said:

@Anduin I'm in the exact same position as you, got a new iPad but unsure about buying this yet. I'm going to wait til the patch is released and see how that's received by the community before deciding to buy or not.

Having had a good read. I think the cloud availability is going to make me purchase. I want to play the same game on my iPad and PC.

Some great responses people.

@Aosaw I think your a teeny weeny bit biased! I will avoid putting stress on the servers by downloading a day after. Quicker download time. I'm sad and have to watch the download bar... Lost 8 hours of my life on the original release day!
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2013
    Well some people understand what I was trying to say. Not everyone on the App Store (where this game is marketed on iPad) is going to scroll through Twitter or trudge through this fairly complicated forum. I'd even go so far to say that's an unfair expectation. I'm not angry or anything, I'm just saying I hope they've learned some things here. Word of mouth moves pretty fast on the internet.
    Anduin said:

I just got an ipad4... Should I continue play on PC or play on ipad... Advisement would be handy... Have they implemented that cloud?

Well as others have said there's no cloud yet, so you gotta wait to continue your PC save.

That being said, if you didn't already start on PC I'd say the game is "good enough", at least on my iPad 2. Sure it crashes every once in a while and sometimes something doesn't work, but you learn to see crashes coming and save.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

Anduin said:

I just got an ipad4... Should I continue play on PC or play on ipad... Advisement would be handy... Have they implemented that cloud?

Well as others have said there's no cloud yet, so you gotta wait to continue your PC save.

That being said, if you didn't already start on PC I'd say the game is "good enough", at least on my iPad 2. Sure it crashes every once in a while and sometimes something doesn't work, but you learn to see crashes coming and save.
    You can transfer saves between the iPad and PC manually using iFunBox until the cloud save comes as well.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Aosaw said:

You could also always buy it and then wait to play it; that way you can install the app and just get the patches, which will be comparatively faster than downloading it right before you want to play.

Then again, I may or may not be biased. :)

That's basically what I am doing. I bought the game for iPad, then I heard about th big patch, and now I am only playing on my computer until the iPad patch, at which point I will play constantly away from my computer desk.

AHF said:

Anduin said:

You can transfer saves between the iPad and PC manually using iFunBox until the cloud save comes as well.
    That's true. I forgot about that, I pulled the save off to 'correct' a mistake I made because there wasn't a tooltip (since iPad doesn't have any) that explained that I was summoning a familiar - which promptly died leaving me a constitution penalty. I figured that was a fair 'cheat'. XD
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

AHF said:

Anduin said:

That's true. I forgot about that, I pulled the save off to 'correct' a mistake I made because there wasn't a tooltip (since iPad doesn't have any) that explained that I was summoning a familiar - which promptly died leaving me a constitution penalty. I figured that was a fair 'cheat'. XD
    The iPad does have tooltip.
    Use the question mark in the lower left corner. There's more than one page when it pops up.
    it's context sensitive, so if you want to see your spells list you have to click the "show spells" icon before clicking the question mark.

Not very intuitive, but it's there...
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    So when's the ipad patch due?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Trent Tweeted 5 days ago:
    "We're uploading the new 2012 build to the iTunes App Store with 5.1 support. The iPad 1 is at the memory limit. We really suggest an iPad 2"

So as early as tomorrow. We're waiting on the App Store at this point.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    *Cannot wait* It should be this coming week at least.
    edited January 2013
    Ah. Thanks, @Bytebrain! I'll be sure to check that out.

Edit: Hurr. Quotes got goofed up.
  • pipinhopipinho Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2013
    Sigh I'm stuck, I can't play with this nonsense

Post edited by Dee on
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    pipinho said:
    Something's gone wrong with your link...
  • ZandriZandri Member Posts: 33
    Bytebrain said:

Something's gone wrong with your link...

The closing IMG tag is being picked up at the end of the URL,

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q604/jtwalker2/70B57E6C-7132-4D4D-9E6C-A6021BB2F571-5993-0000095D3295D7C9.jpg
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    That is awesome. Fireball time?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @pipinho - have you been playing multiplayer at all (even if just for import/export purposes)? So far it seems that we see this problem when an NPC flees the area during combat. Does that sound like something that happened during your game?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I fixed the image tag, @pipinho.

That's a lot of commoners.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Kill them, kill them with fire!
    edited January 2013
    Haha. That's awesome.

With all the complaining about bugs in here, I guess there's a lot of people that never played Daggerfall. I still have such fond memories of that game, despite the fact it's probably the worst trainwreck of bugs ever. This game's issues are nothing. Some of you guys are wimps. :)
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Agreed compared to classics such as Fallout, bugs in BG are minor annoyances.
  • themadcowthemadcow Member Posts: 19
    Daggerfall was good. If you want to name a really bugged game the Elite 2 on pc has to take the prize. Hundreds of bugs listed in the first month and removed from sale on the second month.

Current stats :
    Str 21
    Dex 22
    Cont 25
    Int 21
    Wis 16
    Char 22

Can't wait for bg2 ee and Torment.
    Cerevant said:

@pipinho - have you been playing multiplayer at all (even if just for import/export purposes)? So far it seems that we see this problem when an NPC flees the area during combat. Does that sound like something that happened during your game?

yep i play multiplayer because i wanted to lvl 3 characters at once. Sigh

Haha. That's awesome.

With all the complaining about bugs in here, I guess there's a lot of people that never played Daggerfall. I still have such fond memories of that game, despite the fact it's probably the worst trainwreck of bugs ever. This game's issues are nothing. Some of you guys are wimps. :)

Saying that other games are worse isn't really a ringing endorsement of this one.
  • themadcowthemadcow Member Posts: 19

Saying that other games are worse isn't really a ringing endorsement of this one.

Too true.
    I'm playing on iPad 4. It plays very well for me. A couple of crashes in hours of play. Biggest problem is picking items up, but when you get used to pausing and maybe zooming in by in pinching your fingers on the screen picking up items becomes very easy.
    Personally I find the game very playable and I congratulate them on such a good transfer to this platform.
    I just wish I had the iPad with 64 mb instead of just 16 mb for future large games.
    That picture and constantly hearing people scream in the background makes the game unplayable for me, at least untill the patch comes out
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    @TrentOster: iPad build 2012 is now in review. Soon we will have cross-platform multiplayer #hahahahaha
    I wish the iPad App Store app plays the Final Jeopardy music while you wait for the submitted update to (hopefully) clear their approval process.

But since it the app doesn't play music, here. :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3lLYOGDsts
  • TerminalManTerminalMan Member Posts: 4
    Everyone take a huge breath...fingers pretzeled
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    For some reason I thought it was already in review. Guess we'll get it next week.
  • TerminalManTerminalMan Member Posts: 4
    ^^^ I did too, but I guess last week it was just submitted, sitting on a desktop somewhere. Now it's in actual review as in, actual people are looking at it.