Skip to content

Ankheg Plate Armor.. again..

KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
edited March 2013 in Fixed
I'm aware of the many "Ankheg Armor" discussions about which classes should be able to wear it and which not and I like the changes of the recent patch, that made it possible again for Druids and Archers to wear it - it's a "natural" non-metallic armor after all. But.. I don't think "Avengers" should be allowed to wear it, or if they are allowed, then their class description should be changed, because their description clearly states: "May not wear heavier armor than leather". Well, Ankheg IS heavier than leather, so I only see 3 possible solutions here:

1. Restrict Avengers from wearing Ankheg Armor
or
2. Change the description of the Avenger Kit
or
3. Change the weight of Ankheg Plate

Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Reading your post, I don't see any broken mechanism. It has been implemented with a certain point of view, and it is working accordingly.

Thus, that is more of a feature request in my opinion, don't you agree ?
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    One problem has always been the wording. One class can only wear non-metallic armor, the other one nothing heavier than leather armor. It is basically the same thing until the ankheg armor comes into play, or in BG2 dragon scale armor.
    I think the druid only wears armor of natural origin (heh, talking about metal being unnatural), same for the avenger, but the stalker wears armor that doesn't prevent him from sneaking around. But the PnP might give some more insight into that matter.
    Medillen
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Kurumi said:

I'm aware of the many "Ankheg Armor" discussions about which classes should be able to wear it and which not and I like the changes of the recent patch, that made it possible again for Druids and Archers to wear it - it's a "natural" non-metallic armor after all. But.. I don't think "Avengers" should be allowed to wear it, or if they are allowed, then their class description should be changed, because their description clearly states: "May not wear heavier armor than leather". Well, Ankheg IS heavier than leather, so I only see 3 possible solutions here:

or
    or

I've submitted a pretty big usability review and #1 will be included, amongst other fixes.

KurumiOxford_Guyporkchops
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    CamDawg said:

Kurumi said:

or
    or

I've submitted a pretty big usability review and #1 will be included, amongst other fixes.

Sounds good to me!
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    CamDawg said:

Gorion would be proud of your actions!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    This has been fixed.