Skip to content

What Alignment or alignments are you based on the D&D alignment system and which am i?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited April 2013 in Off-Topic

The alignments i think i'm are: Chaotic Neutral,True Neutral,Neutral Good and either Chaotic Evil or
Neutral Evil.

I don't really trust anyone or anything at all because they all tend to oppress my freedom to do whatever i want to do which is what i long for and really only care about despite seeming like i don't. I also can be really lazy when it comes to everything and anything. I believe that good and bad are subjective as what one person views as good another will view as bad etc. For example: I slept with my good friend who is dating someone at the moment
, however he offered to do it with me when i brought it up in a conversation one night and then he changed his mind while doing it with me so i stopped due to him changing his mind. I was so enjoying it until he stopped and since then i've been upset with him. So
because i sensed that he was gonna kill the enjoyment for me somehow, afterwards and still am irritated that he backed out. I also have gone and sold a christmas present after being told not to for money, because i was craving Popcorn at the time. I also for the longest time made it out to look like i forgave my mom but really i went over to her and her current lover's place to eat and so she can't say that i don't see her at all.
I will always respect her for bringing me into this world but don't trust her.

I also believe that people should be free to do whatever they want, however whatever they end up doing with that freedom is on them to deal with not me.

I don't use violence but don't consider myself a pacifist because if i could find a way to use it with my lack of upper body strength i would.

I also don't like being told no but tend to swallow my feelings about the issue and pretend like i don't.
Which alignment or alignments are you?
Which of the alignment or alignments do you think this OP could pass for?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    edited January 2013
    Idk I often think of myself as a chaotic good hero, but there have been times in my life when I consider myself anything but. I am 27 now but in my early 20s I was a savage it took a lot of pain, anguish, and philosophy to change me; I only wish... it would have been mine alone.

Edit: It is very hard to read how someone thinks perhaps the choice is more what we aspire to be rather than what we are. If I were to assign one for you I would choose True or chaotic neutral.

Edit 2: I got true good on the test below some of the questions kind of put me in a corner though, like the one about if I would betray my government; the question/answers are awkward If I took a post entrusting me with information I would not betray bond, but if it was info I had come across through other methods I would indeed sell it.
    Post edited by Chaotic_Good on
  • Idk I often think of myself as a chaotic good hero, but there have been times in my life when I consider myself anything but. I am 27 now but in my early 20s I was a savage it took a lot of pain, anguish, and philosophy to change me; I only wish... it would have been mine alone.

Huh, what about the alignment i could pass for? which of these you think fits what i put?

Chaotic Neutral,True Neutral,Neutral Good and either Chaotic Evil or
    Neutral Evil?

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @bbman1000 , I would discard on you a chaotic neutral or any evil option. Chaotic neutral is that guy that no one trusts. People might like you, enjoy what you do, but no one trusts an inconstant fellow. Evil people are the ones who are willing to sacrifice others for their own benefit.

If you don't think that "good" is an option for you ,but sometimes you would help friends, I'd see you as a more neutral option .

I see myself as a neutral good person - I believe in selfless actions, but I'm too curious to actually commit to a specific religion or even to a very organized job.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Chaotic neutral, probably.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    TMI, and I'm lawful evil.
    Mortianna
  • @DJKajuru so either Chaotic Neutral, True Neutral or any of the evil options?
    And you are a neutral good huh?
  • iKrivetko said:

Chaotic neutral, probably.

Huh!
  • TMI, and I'm lawful evil.

*facepalm* and whatever!
    @bbman1000 , perhaps you haven't chosen a side to follow yet ;D
  • @DJKajuru so that would make me a combination of all of them?

And which alignment does my description line up with the most when you think of all the alignments?
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    edited January 2013
    I'd say I share traits with Chaotic/Neutral Good and Chaotic/True Neutral.

As an aside, I never roll evil characters when I play - I feel bad playing evil characters in games.
    @bbman1000 , you will discover your personality trait when you figure out "I'm the same guy of yesterday" . Consistency shows that you made a choice on how to live your life , and the consequences it brings.
  • @DJKajuru So right now based on my description you placed me as Chaotic Neutral with tendencies of all the evil alignments? or just Chaotic Neutral?
    I think you're neutral ! No evil tendencies - evil people exist in hostile enviroments, which doesn't seem to be your case.
  • @DJKajuru True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral?
    I've gotten Chaotic Neutral before but i think you are saying True Neutral but i'm not sure.
    True neutral . Chaotic neutral requires drugs and alcohol hahahah
  • @DJKajuru lol i can't be Chaotic Neutral because i'm not constantly drinking alcohol and doing drugs? i'm addicted to caffeine and that's considered a drug lol.lmfao i thought Chaotic Neutral meant that you just do whatever you want without giving a damn about the result of you doing what you want? i never thought you had to drink all the time and do drugs in order to be Chaotic Neutral ha ha ha.
    I think that i do Chaotic Neutral like actions lol.
    edited January 2013
    @bbman1000 , that's not what I meant. Chaotic neutral is the opposite of consistency ,: it's anarchic, inconstant.

Famous chaotic neutral figures might be van gogh and Axl Rose . They're both famous and talented, but nobody wants (ed) them around for long.

Chaotic neutral people act that way because something makes their mind twisted and unprepared for any kind of organization.
  • @DJKajuru So i could be Chaotic Neutral? because no one seems to want me around for very long lol. And what it is about my description that keeps me from being Chaotic Neutral?
    I'm not that consistent, i change my mind alot about stuff lol.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    I tried quick test at wizard dot com then it identified my alignment as neutral evil. Well, come to think of it I seldom do charity thing and tries not too kind. Anyway I always choose neutral good for BG though.
    Here is the link.
    Does anyone knows more interesting one? ;)
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    I answered as honestly as I could and it said I was lawful good. Based on my answers, I would've expected neutral good or lawful neutral at most. But, I'm fine with this. :P
    Teflon
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Only player characters are allowed alignments: this is because they can actually end up in the sort of situations where their moral and ethical worldviews are challenged and where their decisions matter. The rest of us are nonplayer characters, and though we could just fine say things like how we're Lawful Evil or Neutral Good, there's basically no way we could actually find it out for sure: it's easy to throw around scenarios and think about what you would do in the safety of your own room, where everything is fine in your life, but none of us can ever say with absolute certainty that we would do the good thing if it really came to that.

Therefore, we're all True Neutral NPCs. You're not allowed to say anything else unless you have been on an adventure which, among other things, involved something like putting your life on the line to defend the innocent, killing people without feeling anything about it because it was convenient to do so, helped bring peace and restore balance into a war-wrecked country, or something else like that. You don't know yourself.

Now, if you actually have done something like that, then I stand corrected. But I dare say most of us haven't.
    KidCarnivalWiggles
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'd say I vary between lawful good and true neutral. I don't think I could ever consider myself to be either chaotic or evil, but my opinion may be biased :P
    @Chow makes perfect sense here. In many, many choices, we are not as wild and free as we like to think and just go with the flow. In democratic countries, it goes as far as voting who leads us - whose party we'd join, but in the end, we still all live under the same government, even if we voted for a different party. Elsewhere, we may not even have that choice and are the commoners telling adventurers who the big bad is, but are ultimately powerless as a single individual.

"lol I spit in the beer when my buddy was on the toilet, I'm so chaotic evil" doesn't really work for me. Alignments go deeper than spontanous actions with no more consequences than a slightly pissed friend and a good laugh. I can accept a serial killer as chaotic evil, but not a friend who took my last cigarette when I wasn't looking. I can accept a social worker who helps everyone in need, regardless of sympathies, as chaotic good or a judge as true neutral. Their choices in life influence other lives to a lasting degree, not only their own (or their own social circle).

I picked lawful evil because I have been in a few situations that did challenge my moral and ethical view, and in the end, I chose my values over my convenience. For that reason, I didn't pick neutral evil, which would imply greater egoism.
    Chow
    Nice comments , @Chow and @KidCarnival . That's how writers try to give depth to their characters :

"this character is a nice guy, but would he try to save everyone if the house were on fire?"

Teflon
    @DJKajuru - Exactly. There is a difference between being a "nice guy" and being a "hero". It doesn't even take a "good" guy to save people from a fire. The deed alone says nothing; it only says something if you know the motivation behind it. Someone could save people from the fire because they owe him money and couldn't pay if they were dead. It's certainly a good or even heroic deed, but the motivation still reveals the evil intent - saving others for one's own benefit.

Then you have the other alignment axis from lawful to chaotic. I dare to say that in today's society, a vast majority of people is lawful. Most people do follow the laws of the society they live in, if they agree with them or not. Even those who disagree with many laws and don't follow them by the letter still follow a social codex and only commit crimes that don't harm others and are mostly percieved as low risk to themselves. For example, many people would agree that it doesn't hurt anyone if they download a movie illegally. But it would be very different if obtaining a movie illegally meant to hit someone over the head and take the DVD. So on that axis, people range from lawful to neutral at best, and the neutral ones are already moving in a very grey area of legal and social rules. Chaotic is not defined by "doing what I want" - which people only do within what the law permits anyway. Chaotic means disregarding the very system for what it is; a system. Anarchists who really drop out of society may count as slightly chaotic, in a chaotic neutral context. But there is a reason why most examples for chaotic evil are madmen who do whatever they feel like doing, no matter what consequences it may have for them.
    @KidCarnival: Being Lawful is about a lot more than following all the rules. A Neutral character can do so too, or even Chaotic once in a while. Being Lawful means being an orderly person yourself, doing things by the book, having many patterns and routines, holding all promises, having schedules to everything and never being late from them, even just cleaning your room and keeping your items and computer files in order. It means not just following laws - indeed, a Lawful character can very well disagree with a particular law, if it doesn't conform to the spirit of order or do anything else useful, although he'd still follow it while it's down and try to change it lawfully - but believing that the universe is an orderly place, and that the best approach to the world and the life is to live in a similarly orderly fashion, whether subconsciously or otherwise.

Just following all the rules set by your society because they're convenient, or because you're afraid of punishment, isn't going to cut it. Most people are still True Neutral.
    BelgarathMTH
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited January 2013
    I would say "Evil meet my sword, sword meet evil" but you don't seem to be evil. You seem a "conventional" girl/woman that cheats and lies. No offense intended. It is a common thing. This is better than friend-zoning a guy and use him as your puppy on a leash(a.k.a little b*tch) though. Or maybe you are Chaotic Good or Neutral Good but from the expressed in your post, it doesn't sound like that. I would require more details about a person to determine him/her and the bast way is "face-to-face" approach. Saying that, you can disregard the upper lines like something concluded by a single post of yours, which most of the time is less than enough to determine someone.

Then you have the other alignment axis from lawful to chaotic. I dare to say that in today's society, a vast majority of people is lawful. Most people do follow the laws of the society they live in, if they agree with them or not. Even those who disagree with many laws and don't follow them by the letter still follow a social codex and only commit crimes that don't harm others and are mostly percieved as low risk to themselves. For example, many people would agree that it doesn't hurt anyone if they download a movie illegally. But it would be very different if obtaining a movie illegally meant to hit someone over the head and take the DVD. So on that axis, people range from lawful to neutral at best, and the neutral ones are already moving in a very grey area of legal and social rules. Chaotic is not defined by "doing what I want" - which people only do within what the law permits anyway. Chaotic means disregarding the very system for what it is; a system. Anarchists who really drop out of society may count as slightly chaotic, in a chaotic neutral context. But there is a reason why most examples for chaotic evil are madmen who do whatever they feel like doing, no matter what consequences it may have for them.

The thing is that most people fear law and that's why they obey it. Does it mean that in their nature they are lawful? I am not sure about that. And yes, low risk endeavours do not determine whether you are neutral, chaotic or lawful. But what about people who offer bribes to cops or disregard speed limits, knowing that they can hurt someone and thus go to prison or pay enormous fee.. What about the kid that follows all the rules and laws and then one day commits a mass murder at his school?

Are they lawful?

Here is a description of Chaotic Good Alignment http://easydamus.com/chaoticgood.html

Two main points: good heart and free spirit

About my alignment, well, lets say Chaotic Good

The bottom line is that these 9 alignments offered by BG and D&D do not suffice or cannot cover everything. I mean, they set borderlines that are too broad...

Djimmy said:

The bottom line is that these 9 alignments offered by BG and D&D do not suffice or cannot cover everything. I mean, they set borderlines that are too broad...

They're not meant to. They're the simple guidelines that attempt to summarize your world philosophy in two words, but your character is still your own. Two Chaotic Goods can be very different characters from each other, sometimes to the point of coming to blows, just as an example.
    SirK8
    I don't think people follow laws because they are convenient. I think they do because many laws are just written out common sense. If murder wasn't illegal, do you think half the population would turn into killers? I doubt. Laws, in a perfect world, are defined by the needs of the people and regulate a society to their satisfaction. Most people, no matter how free spirited, also appreciate to have a system they can depend on - a way to recieve education, health services, public transportation - that's all part of the system and benefits people. Most may say they think taxes aren't fair, but that is a matter of the distribution, not the system itself. It's usually the question who should pay how much, not if people should pay at all. Of course, I'm talking about the "big picture" here and "system" means government/society as a whole. On a more personal level, there is certainly more variation. (Though your definition of "lawful" still applies to me on a personal level, too. If faced with a choice, I tend to pick abstract concepts over individual people, myself included, in a "the needs of the many" way.)
    ChowWiggles