Skip to content

Viconia does not have Magic Resistance Icon on her Portait / Character Sheet

Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
I noticed that the new NPC has an icon representing his magic resistance on his portrait and character sheet, which is helpful, but Viconia, who has very similar Magic Resistance doesn't. I think it would be extremely helpful, especially to new players who may not realise that Viconia has this great ability (especially as the other NPC has an icon for this), if an icon was shown to represent her Magic Resistance

Current Behaviour: No icon is shown for Viconia's Magic resistance on her portait and character sheet
Expected Behaviour: An icon is shown for Viconia's Magic resistance on her portait and character sheet
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    That icon is actually coming from his cloak.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Balquo said:

That icon is actually coming from his cloak.

So it is! In that case, perhaps this should be moved to Feature Requests? There's no good reason why the 5% Magic Resistance from the cloak should show an icon, but not the 50% innate Magic Resistance of Viconia and the new NPC, other NPCs (e.g. Dorn) show icons for their innate abilities (though in Dorn's case it's because of his class, rather than the character per se)
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    It's been registered.

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Racial traits are not show as icons on other races either. Infravision spells and items show an icon, but not racial trait etc. IMO it is better left out, because it reduces clutter and its always there anyway.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Bercon said:

Racial traits are not show as icons on other races either. Infravision spells and items show an icon, but not racial trait etc. IMO it is better left out, because it reduces clutter and its always there anyway.

But you could say the same about the class-specific traits too, yet they're shown
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    That's due to the way they're coded. A creature's natural Magic resistance isn't a spell or effect, it's just there. Class traits (I assume you talking about things like the cavalier's fear immunity and resistences and such) abilities are permanently active spells, and are shown as if they're items, since they're not a part of the base creature's stats, but additional effects.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited March 2013
    Moved to Feature Request.
    Also, I like the suggestion and I hope it will be implemented :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I'd actually like an option to turn off those icons if we want, since they obscure my view of beautiful people. I know BG2 Tweaks has a feature that turns these off, but I'd like one built in if possible. Like a toggle in the gameplay options.