Skip to content

Baeloth questions?

How and where can he be recruited as a companion?

Do you have to finish BP to make him available? (just did)

Any special requirements?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    (Just noting that I deleted the duplicate thread. Carry on!)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

You can recruit him in larswood, near the tower in the south (a cutscene starts)

You need to be level 5. That is the only requirement.

You dont need to have completed the black pits to get him
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Kewl beans! Thanks!

(some weirdness with the douple post - first time I tried it said service unavailable try later - so I tried again and ended up with two)
  • sterkelmsterkelm Member Posts: 9
    I reformed party in the FAI and Baeloth disappeared without a leaving speech. Any ideas where he goes after you kick him out or does he leave the game for good?
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    And while we're on the topic, does he add any new content to the game beyond what we already saw in the Black Pits, like a personal quest or new area?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Madhax said:

And while we're on the topic, does he add any new content to the game beyond what we already saw in the Black Pits, like a personal quest or new area?

Or a romance even? Unlikely, though, I reckon...
    edited January 2013
    sterkelm said:

I reformed party in the FAI and Baeloth disappeared without a leaving speech. Any ideas where he goes after you kick him out or does he leave the game for good?

Don't know but typically when an NPC goes to a specific area they will tell you what that is in their farewell speech. (If they don't have a special place they will stay where you dropped them)

Also note that your current party rep vs the companions alignment will also effect whether or not they will be available for re-hire or kiss you off permanently - essentially if your rep has them at the "angry" or perhaps even "unhappy" state you won't get a chance to re-hire them.

That said - they may have tweaked that for BG:EE - and it may not apply any more - I know they tweaked some party banter so Jahs no longer whines if your rep is too high - but don't know if that carries over into whether or not you can re-hire her if you drop her when your party is at 20.

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I heard he hides somewhere in Friendly Arm Inn if you remove him. Not sure where exactly, probably outside.
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    He hides on the east side of the FAI, between the outer wall and edge of the screen.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited January 2013
    What the heck would he do there? Still looking for potential Black Pits recruits? Old habits die hard!;p
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    He just don't dare enter FAI (because he is a drow); he fears he may be attacked by everybody there.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    I just went looking for him for the first time with a level 6 character who had never been to Larswood before; no dice. How's that patch to make him available to all coming along?
    I encountered him last night - refused to pick him up - for this party and one of my dialoge options at the end was to suggest he make his way to FAI and hide along the outside of the eastern wall - don't know if he just disappears if you choose a different dialoge option at that point.

Having not yet picked him up I'm assuming he is evil - can anyone confirm his alignment?
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    edited January 2013
    Wanderon said:

Having not yet picked him up I'm assuming he is evil - can anyone confirm his alignment?

He's Chaotic Evil, and part of Mykra's 'Max out the casters INT even though it doesn't do anything,' school of thought.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    In all fairness, he's basically the evil genius type, having high INT kinda makes sense regardless of its utility.
  • StarlilyStarlily Member Posts: 97
    I just ran across him searching for bandits in Larswood. No bandits so far. :( As I was moving the screen ahead to pop the next place to move my gang, suddenly the screen stopped moving and someone started talking and then the script showed up to click on. I couldn't move the screen/map back to see what was going on! I didn't have room for him and didn't know of any way to get underground so sent him to hide out near the Friendly Inn as other have said. I have no idea what he looked like. If I'd known he could join, I'd drop one of the ones I had just to see what he carried and whether I could use it or not! :D Oh well. Last time I was in Larswood with a group they were under L5.
    ..humm, no edit for previous post? Anyway, had to go back to Inn for some rest and afterwards went around the outside wall and found him hiding. Now I know what he looks like. :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You have to refresh the page after you post before the edit option will appear.
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    He has a robe of the Evil Archmagi. Also I am pretty sure I once got him with a level 4 party, and safena was level 3.
    As far as we are aware, your PC must be level 5 in at least one class, so maybe your PC was 5, but the others were 4?
    Jalily said:

Humm, I came back a few hours after first post. Let's see what happens now....
    Starlily said:

Jalily said:

Humm, I came back a few hours after first post. Let's see what happens now....
    No edit spot to click, I had to do a 'quote' click! Oh well.
    @Starlily: the 'edit' button is a little gear that appears in the upper-right corner of your post when you hover the mouse pointer over it :).

@Starlily: the 'edit' button is a little gear that appears in the upper-right corner of your post when you hover the mouse pointer over it :).

OH! *blush* put cursor over the gear and it said options. Hope I can remember that. :) Learning new ways to navigate around a new forum takes me some time. The ol' snyapsis don't function as fast as they used to. :D

• Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    guys, what is Baeloth's quest?
    @Urd1en: He doesn't have one, unless you count the Black Pits.
  • stkayestkaye Member Posts: 22
    Not sure he has a quest to offer, though I'd be happy to be corrected. In terms of other content, he says some pretty entertaining things at certain moments or when entering certain areas for the first time. That's about it I think.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Does he have any interesting banter? I'm wondering since I've been playing with him in the party a short time I've only heard one thing out of him and that was randomly in the Iron Throne HQ (I think it was there) where he says something about ordering him a room like this in one. I don't want spoilers on what he actual says, but just to know if he speaks up at any story moments or in any particular place.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2013
    stkaye said:

Not sure he has a quest to offer, though I'd be happy to be corrected. In terms of other content, he says some pretty entertaining things at certain moments or when entering certain areas for the first time. That's about it I think.

I've heard him say things in Cloakwood and Baldur's Gate. I'm going to ruin the surprise for myself and data-mine some!
    I can confirm that he has lines in: Nashkel Mines, Friendly Arm Inn, Cloakwood, Iron Throne Building. Apparently he also says something in the Candlekeep Catacombs, but I have never taken him that far. You don't need to be going there for the first time, so you can always pick him up and then drag him all over the place to find them.

Sadly, however, to my knowledge he does not have any banter with other party members.