Skip to content

npc's screaming in every area

the problem is that when im playen the game i hear npc's screaming "Ahh Help" all the time and its in every area that im in. also get a combat logs of them. and you cant see them anywhere also. Deleted the game and reinstalled twice. I think there tied to my saved games.also have a screenshot. thx image

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    What is your character's charisma :-) ?
  • kain1902kain1902 Member Posts: 1
  • TibsterTibster Member Posts: 15
    Did u drink from Durlag's Goblet?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    That's very strange, from your screen you are in Baldur's Gate under the Blushing Mermaid, but it looks like commoners are attacking the fishermen in the Fishing Village (the area just South of the bridge to Baldur's Gate). I've no idea why that is happening and how you can get feedback from such long distance.

I think you should move your post in the Bug Section of the forum.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited January 2013
    There is a known issue that happens if:
    a) you are playing in multiplayer mode, even if just to import/export characters
    b) a NPC leaves the area during a fight

This results in duplicates of that character showing up in seemingly random locations. Sounds like those duplicates are also retaining their panicked state.

This issue does stay with the save game, so the only way to avoid the problem is to play a new single player game.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    This is the most awesome bug.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'll be honest; the first time I heard about this, I thought it was satire.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    You decide to play Baldur's Gate late at night(and you are alone at your house/apartment, and you are also a girl) just after you watched a horror movie, just to release the tension, and then... you hear "Aaah, Heeelp. Heelp". Nice
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Djimmy Sounds like a Ghost Hunters episode to me... they'll probably get some EVP and declare your computer/tablet haunted as well... :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Djimmy Sounds like a Ghost Hunters episode to me... they'll probably get some EVP and declare your computer/tablet haunted as well... :)