Skip to content

Found Javelins in SK

was looking for the best spears in the game decided to link up shadowkeeper to BG:EE and what do you know, theres throwing spears called javelins, and they work ingame, anyone actually find any anywhere?

Comments

• ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    I'm going to have to look around in NI now. It certainly would be interesting if we are getting new weapons.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Found them too a fair time ago, didn't realize they WORKED in-game though ... that's super cool. Spear prof might end up being worth a damn some day.
  • hammernanvilhammernanvil Member Posts: 98
    I was playing a ranger with spears, and I found out Poe had a spear+1, but I couldn't bring myself to kill him for it, so I just used SK to switch back to swords, I think there is a +2 now but apparently its in baldurs gate. spears are useless when I can run around with varscona and harrower.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    The javelins have been there forever--I think Ashes of Embers makes them available for BG2.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I hope we will get javelins in BG2EE. That would be super-awesome.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    It's a throwing weapon, right? That means it also has limited ammunition?
  • hammernanvilhammernanvil Member Posts: 98
    Ya they came in stacks of 10
    That's cool. I gained an insightful respect for javelins after watching Troy the movie several years back. :-)
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Well done, you've found the only weapon heavier than throwing axes.
  • NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    edited January 2013
    Of all the things to find with SK I'm surprised you only noticed javelins.

What about "Viper's edge +2", "Wings", "Narbucchad's Demise" and all those insane shields?

They are there for everyone to see but nobody seems to mention them. It's making me crazy!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Quartz said:

Found them too a fair time ago, didn't realize they WORKED in-game though ... that's super cool. Spear prof might end up being worth a damn some day.

Yes, if spear proficiency allowed you to use throwing spears/javelins (which I guess would be different from the spears you can use in melee, like with daggers) that would be great, especially if they got bonus damage from strength, like throwing axes and throwing daggers.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Dont forget the flamethrowers and freezegun
  • FeatherFeather Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2013
    Neonfisk said:

Of all the things to find with SK I'm surprised you only noticed javelins.

What about "Viper's edge +2", "Wings", "Narbucchad's Demise" and all those insane shields?

They are there for everyone to see but nobody seems to mention them. It's making me crazy!

These are from the 1pp mod that was implemented. So they will never make it into the actual games as they are left-over mod-content as well as the circlets.
  • NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    @Feather Thanks a lot!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @feather You extinguished a kindle of light in my soul with that last post :'(
    I CLUA'd and put the "Wings" on Khalid. This is the same game where he has Mastery of Long Swords, a Dexterity Tome, and the Gauntlets of Ogre Power. He's completely beast, and combined with Plate Mail +3 and his bright orange wings he looks like some sort of shining guardian angel or some shit. You know you are jealous. ;)
    They're really wings? I thought when they're mentioned here that they are just names for whatever equipment. This line "and all those insane shields" even made me thought that it's a shield. Cool!
    @Illustair Yup they are really wings. They go in the Helmet slot. Elves and Half-Elves can equip them. It even has a ground icon ... no idea what the hell it's in the game for. xD
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Nice, can characters equipped with them fly over obstacles/inaccessible regions on the map?
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Quartz said:

@Illustair Yup they are really wings. They go in the Helmet slot. Elves and Half-Elves can equip them. It even has a ground icon ... no idea what the hell it's in the game for. xD

Maybe they where initialy planed for Aerie
    Actually, I could personally use the wings to create an Avariel character for Black Pits. :-)

@bbear
    I haven't seen them myself. But I am almost certain they can't.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Darkcloud said:

Quartz said:

Maybe they where initialy planed for Aerie
    Helping Aerie to recover her wings would be a nice mod for BG2... It could even be modded as a part of her romance.