Skip to content

ETA for next patch?

Comments

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited January 2013
    It was submitted, not in review. Review is the final stage, so the update might appear as soon as right now.
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
    What about now? ... :)
    No...?
    edited January 2013
    Oi, snap. Double post :|
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Ah, I see! Hopefully I'll see it tomorrow, then, or Friday at latest!

That said, I completed the game a couple of days back, so am probably going to leave it for a while before playing again.
  • hammernanvilhammernanvil Member Posts: 98
    I love how the app store has hundreds of fake games, and ripoffs, and somehow they have to review every patch which seems to take months... ?
    Well, most games are a lot smaller than BG by a long shot, testing them probably doesn't take too long.
  • hammernanvilhammernanvil Member Posts: 98
    Well what I meant was the apps that have fake screenshots, and when you download it, its just a slideshow, Ive downloaded a couple like that before. ones that costed real money.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Any news on how close the patch is? I've been waiting to start my evil game until some of the new patch stuff is available...Dorn's starting HP, and of course the super duper secret...
    In review since yesterday right? So could we truly get it by tomorrow?
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    My shrunken Bhaal head says....SOON....
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    Trent Oster twitted it went in review today. Once in review It may take from 2 hours to two days.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Still in review - he tweeted it was in review a day or two ago.
  • PillbugPillbug Member Posts: 4
    Awesome. There's just nothing else quite like this on the iPad and I can't wait to see the updates. It's a super ambitious project, and I fully expect it to take a while to finish chewing the overly-large bite they started with :-)

I, at least, don't feel screwed over. But then, I'm willing to give a lot of slack to a group trying to make it possible for me to quest with a room full of people on Droid tablets and iPads. (I'm also death to computers - can't even get near a windows machine - so I find the fact that it runs on the iPad without constantly crashing amazing.)

Here's hoping for an awesome update.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited January 2013
    I haven't left winthrop's inn...I'm waiting for the patch...am I mad...or just a perfectionist?
    Methinks the reviewer is having trouble rolling decent stats, hence unable to start the reviewing process.
    Tweeted by TrentOster yesterday: Still in review at Apple for iPad. Methink the reviewer is making a run for Sarevok
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Maybe he wants to make sure every quest in the game actually works, so he's making a good run and then an evil run...
  • DraeggDraegg Member Posts: 1
    It doesn't matter - good or evil run. I want to buy and play on iOS 5.1.1. Damned Apple....
    The reviewer probably frequents this board, and is laughing at us all at this very moment.

The reviewer probably frequents this board, and is laughing at us all at this very moment.

That malevolent cunt! In case you are right:

HEY YOU, YES YOU! APPROVE THE BLOODY PATCH ALREADY!
    edited January 2013
    So what's the typical alignment for a reviewer? I'm guessing lawful evil...

However, I suppose the job description asks for True Neutral...
    edited January 2013
    I'm not sure about the lawful-chaotic axis, but this particular one is as evil as it gets. Cyric is a champion of joy and cuddles in comparison.
  • leoleo Member Posts: 10
    it takes so long :( can't wait that patch already :(
  • kaehlkaehl Member Posts: 12
    Haha, there are many stories of Apple's approval process, but this is probably the first time they got compared to Cyric. And lost :)

Being an iOS dev myself, I have pushed some apps and updates already and the review time (the "In Review" state) varied from few seconds to 2 hours and was directly affected by the amount of changes. I'm currently updating an app for sole purpose of changing some screenshots so AppStore system makes as much sense as fighting Drizzt with bare hands.
    Haven't they banned changing screenshots? I've heard they wanted to, due to the amount of fraudulent apps that abuse it.
  • kaehlkaehl Member Posts: 12
    Yes they did. That is, in order to change screenshots, you have to issue an update. I don't know about the abusing, but screenshots are grouped with description in the app edit pane and it's not logical for me that one can be edited and the other can't. Also, there must be tons of screenshot-only updates which only increase the queue and delay for users like we can see on this very forum. Argh, Bhaal help us all!
  • mattinmmattinm Member Posts: 18
    The big red button has been pressed!
    Trent Oster, "Just pressed the release this version button on iPad 2012. We should be live in the app store with the update soon. 200+ fixes."
    Woooohoooooo!