Skip to content

ETA for next patch?

Comments

• hello_japanhello_japan Member Posts: 2
    I thought we were getting cloud saves in this patch?

Is it now possible to access our saves via iTunes file transfer? (Maybe it already was?)
    mars0124
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    Trent on Twitter "@Giolon Entangle is a pretty special spell in terms of fixes. It will be fixed in the upcoming render re-write (yes, it is that bad)"

I'm guessing (?!) that Cloudkill, etc. will also be addressed during the rewrite he mentions.
    davemo
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I remember Entangle slowing down my imac when I first played BGII, it is just a horrible render. They should have stuck to vanilla BGI Entangle. ;)
  • scanlinescanline Member Posts: 46

Just slightly annoying creating an PC and being limited to such a small set of portraits.

You can use the portraits folder to override some of the default ones. That is what I've been doing.

Eudaemonium, did you find an easy way to do this or do we still have to edit the save file, etc.
    Thanks!
    sl
  • hello_japanhello_japan Member Posts: 2
    The bug where your screen goes black upon waking the iPad is still there. The one where you have to touch various buttons to reveal bits of the screen until the whole thing comes back.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    scanline said:

Just slightly annoying creating an PC and being limited to such a small set of portraits.

You can use the portraits folder to override some of the default ones. That is what I've been doing.

Eudaemonium, did you find an easy way to do this or do we still have to edit the save file, etc.
    Thanks!
    sl
    I found that adding a 'portraits' folder (small p, unlike on PC) to the Library folder seems to work. For some reason it didn't work for me at first, but then suddenly did. You may have to load your iPad program history by double-tapping the home button and closing BG from there, then re-start it might have an effect. That's just a guess, though. I'm not completely sure what made it suddenly start working for me.

The 'portraits' folder definitely works, though.
  • stbassystbassy Member Posts: 7
    it's out now. I'm downloading.

scanline said:

Thanks!
    sl
    I found that adding a 'portraits' folder (small p, unlike on PC) to the Library folder seems to work. For some reason it didn't work for me at first, but then suddenly did. You may have to load your iPad program history by double-tapping the home button and closing BG from there, then re-start it might have an effect. That's just a guess, though. I'm not completely sure what made it suddenly start working for me.

The 'portraits' folder definitely works, though.
    So it works on import? I did was you recommended but there's no "custom" button during character creation. What exactly is working for you?
    Oh no, sorry. It works like an override, so you can override the standard portraits (i don't know how to get the 'custom' button working, sadly.) So, for example, you can replace the standard Charname portraits like you do when overriding the NPC portraits using the 'portraits' folder. This is what I've been doing (I use artastrophe's PaintBG portraits pack, mainly).

Oh no, sorry. It works like an override, so you can override the standard portraits (i don't know how to get the 'custom' button working, sadly.) So, for example, you can replace the standard Charname portraits like you do when overriding the NPC portraits using the 'portraits' folder. This is what I've been doing (I use artastrophe's PaintBG portraits pack, mainly).

So even though you create a portrait folder... add your own portraits, if it's the same name as a NPC portrait then they will be replaced?

Also is there a list of NPC portrait names out there?
    Thanks
    scanline said:

Also is there a list of NPC portrait names out there?
    Thanks
    Ok found names here:
    http://portraits.chosenofmystra.net/npc_portrait_change.html

edited January 2013
    scanline said:

So even though you create a portrait folder... add your own portraits, if it's the same name as a NPC portrait then they will be replaced?
    Yes. For example, if you stick appropriately-sized pictures in under 'EdwinL', 'EdwinM' and 'EdwinS' they will override the standard Edwin portrait. A lot of people don't bother with the 'L' portriats, but they are kinda necessary here since they are the ones that display on the character creation portrait-select screen.

EDIT: The names for the non-NPC portraits are 'Man1' (L/M/S) and 'Man2' (L/M/S) (or 'Woman1' and 'Woman2'. The male dwarf, elf and halfling portraits are 'GenDWRF', 'GenMELF' and 'GenMHLF' (L, M, and S).
    Kirinaldo
  • pipinhopipinho Member Posts: 55
    apparently the screaming commoner in the background wasn't fixed with the patch because the moment i reloaded the game i heard that *^#$ "AAAAAhhhhhhh hellllllp" scream again
    my App Store app says that all apps have been updated yet my bg doesn't seem to have been updated.. wtf?
    how long was the dl guys? because for some reason for me it was a short dl... Does that mean that something went wrong and i have to delete/install again?
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
    The download wasn't very long for me either, still seems to be patched, though.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    The patch download the entire game from scratch. It took about 10-15 minutes for me.
    pipinho said:

apparently the screaming commoner in the background wasn't fixed with the patch because the moment i reloaded the game i heard that *^#$ "AAAAAhhhhhhh hellllllp" scream again

I haven't heard or run into that bug myself, but I would suggest loading up a different save prior to the one you're using and go to where the screaming commoner is and see if he's calmed down.. :)
    Bytebrain said:

The patch download the entire game from scratch. It took about 10-15 minutes for me.

yep something is wrong because my dl sure wasn't 10 min... what should i do? reinstall the game?
    pipinho said:

Bytebrain said:

yep something is wrong because my dl sure wasn't 10 min... what should i do? reinstall the game?

Yeah, in your situation I would delete the entire game and reinstall from scratch...
    Backup your save games first with iFunBox unless you want to start a new game.

Get iFunBox at http://www.i-funbox.com/

It took me a while to figure out that I had to use the iFunBox Classic tab for it to work.. It doesn't work if you just click the "Managing App Data and click the Baldur's Gate icon.

I clicked "iFunBox Classic" ->"Use Application->"Baldur's Gate->"Library"->"Save and imported from my PC.
    to work with windows.
    can i just same my characters with i funbox?
  • muppermupper Member Posts: 4
    Cerevant said:

I'm guessing that it the BSB will only really affect things if you have a retina iPad. To enable it you have to use iFunbox (or similar) to change your Baldur.ini, and add
    'Graphics', 'Scale UI', '0',

How can i edit the Baldur.ini on my Ipad with Funbox. It is ReadOnly!

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Copy it to your PC
    Edit it
    Delete it from your iPad
    Copy it to your iPad
    (That's how I did it anyway. If you don't delete it, it won't work)
    davemo

scanline said:

Yes. For example, if you stick appropriately-sized pictures in under 'EdwinL', 'EdwinM' and 'EdwinS' they will override the standard Edwin portrait. A lot of people don't bother with the 'L' portriats, but they are kinda necessary here since they are the ones that display on the character creation portrait-select screen.

EDIT: The names for the non-NPC portraits are 'Man1' (L/M/S) and 'Man2' (L/M/S) (or 'Woman1' and 'Woman2'. The male dwarf, elf and halfling portraits are 'GenDWRF', 'GenMELF' and 'GenMHLF' (L, M, and S).
    Thanks. This is not working for me but I'm using iFunBox on the mac and not PC. Does that matter? Also, to confirm you're not replacing the ManX.bmp file, you're just putting it in the portraits folder in Library folder?

Thanks for all your help with this.
    sl
    Yeah, and I am on a Mac too, so I don't know why it wouldn't be working.

I did put the S, M, and L in there. Also, the BMPs are 24 bit and the portraits folder is lowercase "p."

You made a portraits folder is in the Library folder? WOuld you mind writing up a step-by-step guide on how you did this. Thanks again.

• NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    edited January 2013
    @Space_hamster I believe the new soundsets are now available for purchase on the iPad, and weren't before. Check the DLC store.

To everyone about the download, the iOS app store doesn't support selective patching at this time - it's an all-or-nothing affair. With regards to space requirements, I posted this on reddit in response to someone but will re-post it here:

The reason for this is that the app is compressed via the app store - so when you download an app, it's one .ipa file, which then decompresses into the app you want and the .ipa is deleted (so, in general, this takes approximately twice the amount of space for one download).
    Most people get around this problem by downloading the update via iTunes on the computer the device is sync'd to, then directly syncing the apps.
    davemoCerevant
    well, the bug of parts of areas turning into black boxes is still there.