Skip to content

The update is finally live!

BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
It's here, finally.
Downloading now.

So many changes, I think I'm going to start a new game.

It looks like the update is re-installing the entire game, no wosname.. Delta update? Was that the word I was looking for?

Comments

• famousringofamousringo Member Posts: 28
    Delta is the word, and most of the changes are bug fixes from the PC version. I was hoping for more iPad-specific fixes, but I guess I don't really know how many little under the hood things got fixed to get it running on iPad 1.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I don't have time to play for a longer session, but I had a quick go, and it's night and day in regards to entering buildings and looting corpses and chests in comparison to the original release on the iPad.

Pibaro
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Ooh, just woke up to see that appstore notification, downloading now! Do we need to restart, in my current game I just went Beregost-Nashkel-punished Bassilus, and rescued Dynaheir. Will the patch work with my current save?
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    as long as the AI spawn rate is fixed plus, better touch controls I'm happy. =)
    Still downloading! ;(
    lunar
  • lummoxybezlummoxybez Member Posts: 33
    Played for about 45 mins this morning, and loved the fact that there is now a stat total counter in ability generation.
    However, the touch response doesn't feel that much different. In fact, I was pressing the middle of the floor in an inn and my PC went and opened a nearby chest that was a good 1.5" away from where I actually pressed. maybe I need to get a stylus instead of using my pudgy fingers...

The biggie though is that every spawn encounter was just a single enemy too, which means I've stopped playing.

I don't want to flog a dead horse with this as there are enough detractors from the game here, but this makes the game unplayable for me. I want the standard number of gibberlings, gnolls and xvarts to encounter rather one by himself, who gets hit with 6 arrows before he can even draw his sword.

These are already in the bug reports, so no point in going on and on about them though.

I'm also a little concerned with reports of people hitting the XP cap before Cloakwood. I'm taking these rumours with a pinch of salt for now, but if that happened to me I'd stop playing right there.
    I think the new patch should have fixed the spawn issues. Although, since areas you visited are saved in your save game, you need to enter an area you have never traveled or start a new game to enjoy the fixed spawns of the patch. Still haven't tried though.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    @lummoxybez
    Yes, @Iunar is right. It's already been discussed in the windows forums here in numerous topics.
    The spawn issue was fixed in the patch prior to this one for the PC players, and you'll have to visit new areas or start a new game to see the effect of the fix.
    Bytebrain said:

@lummoxybez
    Yes, @Iunar is right. It's already been discussed in the windows forums here in numerous topics.
    The spawn issue was fixed in the patch prior to this one for the PC players, and you'll have to visit new areas or start a new game to see the effect of the fix.

If we enter a new area (not visited in current save) in our current game, will the changes applied by the patch work? I think they should.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    If you enter new areas the spawn fixes will apply. The problem is that the savegame integrates information about areas you already visited, including spawn points.
    lunar
    Well I'm not that far into the game so I may start again at some point this evening, and see whether there are correct number of spawned monsters or whether there is a single gibberling.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Bytebrain said:

I don't have time to play for a longer session, but I had a quick go, and it's night and day in regards to entering buildings and looting corpses and chests in comparison to the original release on the iPad.

It took one click to loot the diamond in the tree, one click to get a ring off of the ground. The game is so much better now, night and day indeed. My mind is blown with how much better the game plays now. I also can click and move when i expect to move, and 9 out of 10 clicks to slide the screen slide the screen instead of moving my party.

Targeting of enemies works perfect, the action images in the portrait seem to stand out better, killing is straight forward.

Thrilled! Brilliant huge update that makes the game fantastic.
    NathandavemoPibarolunar
    Started a new game (post patch) and I agree that the point and click mechanics are improved, although it is still a 'best guess' situation.
    However, I've only encountered single gibberlings and wolves so far.......
    Yep. Definitely only single spawns occurring.
    I'm also still experiencing Imoen running into me lee when she sees an enemy and equipped with a bow.
    Logging bug reports.
  • MutantMeteorMutantMeteor Member Posts: 9
    I'm sure the single spawn issue is resolved. High hedge prior to patch only held single skeletons, post patch I'm running into packs of at least three. This was starting a new game, not sure if its a problem if you continue a save from before the patch downloaded.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The spawns are directly related to amount of members in your party as well as average party level. Try walking around with Montaron and Xzar for instance and you'll notice single spawns will start to get very rare.
    That makes sense - spawn numbers have increased since I got Khalid and Jaheira.
    Imoen is still a kamikaze thief though.
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    Imoen is like that in my game too. I have to really micromanage her or she gets the whole group into trouble all the time. I tried different scripts but to no avail. She seems to have a stubborn streak regarding how she wants to handle combat.
    It looks like everyone in my party wants to play at kamikaze.
    When Greywolf attacked my charname, everyone else charged into melee range, even though they were all equipped with missiles and weren't even selected.
    I might try turning AI off as it seems to be more trouble than it is worth.
    frojas
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146

It looks like everyone in my party wants to play at kamikaze.
    When Greywolf attacked my charname, everyone else charged into melee range, even though they were all equipped with missiles and weren't even selected.
    I might try turning AI off as it seems to be more trouble than it is worth.

I've never liked the AI. You as a player can manage EVERYTHING better than the AI can. So just don't use it.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I only use the AI when I'm gong through old areas I'm vastly overleveled for and I need to squash some giberlings.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    The Bow / Kamakazi issue is well known and been reported in several threads, including the Known Bugs and Issues thread. It's an issue with the AI script being used. Turn off AI you won't have to worry about Kamakazi archers or spellcasters.

Should be in the developer bug tracking system at this point also.