Skip to content

From Steam to Beamdog (updates)

Darth_SHAKERDarth_SHAKER Member Posts: 8
edited January 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
I read a lot "we want steam keys" threads from Beamdog players. I want the opposite thing, I bought it from steam and just realized it is an outdated version (and probably outdated forever), so I want a way to update the game, or a way to download it from Beamdog without paying the game twice. It would be nice.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You'd have to contact Atari's customer support for information on refunds. Unfortunately we don't have the "pull", so to speak, to handle Steam refunds or provision transfers.

I feel your pain, though.
  • Darth_SHAKERDarth_SHAKER Member Posts: 8
    It is so hard to release an standalone updater that hasn't to go through Beamdog client?
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    edited January 2013
    that's what the non-steam version of the game is, it has a stand-alone launcher that updates. the problem is, your steam version doesn't have a launcher, and updates are pushed to it via steam.
  • LeinahtanwcLeinahtanwc Member Posts: 2
    I too would like a non-steam copy of the game for the same reasons. I'm stuck with a version that I can't play multiplayer with.
  • Edwin88Edwin88 Member Posts: 36
    My personal opinion is that it is not possible that steam does not release a patch to update the game. probably will in the long run, but must do so or face many refund requests due to various bugs in the game and I do not think that this is beneficial to its image.
    I repeat, however, that's just my opinion.
    It is dissapointing for me to find that the steam version deppends on Atari. I just bought the game because I wanted to help the developers (I REALLY want to see an EE version of BG2).

Can u figure out what was my face when I found out that not only I bought the game from Atari, plus my game is not going to be updated?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Good luck getting a refund from Atari or Steam right now.

I see two people here asking for a Beamdog version, so... I'm willing to help out. @Darth_SHAKER and @Leinahtanwc, contact me via PM and I'll give you two a Beamdog redeem key each.

In case anyone else is thinking of jumping on the bandwagon, I am not extending this offer to anyone else, so don't ask.
    DeeDarth_SHAKERLeinahtanwc
    Many thanks to you. My problem is solved.