Skip to content

Additional Encounter Content while Travelling

The user and all related content has been deleted.
TJ_HookerLaflammeDjimmyScooterAnton[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]DarrylsonAedanBalquoelminster

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yeah , just some variety would do nicely, rather than fighting the same five bandits over and over again.
    I can even remeber the spell scrolls that the mage carries by heart.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Hell yeah! This might be a good way to circumvent contractual limitations for adding content, since it wouldn't take place in a major existing location.

Plus, I find that being constantly well-rested and prepared for combat can make fights repetitive upon occasion. Fights get quite fun when the party is already injured, fatigued, and out of spells, but these situations happen rarely if ever. Getting waylaid by a marauding party of worg-riding goblins while trying to get to a cleric would make for quite an interesting encounter.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    I agree with everything everyone said. Especially those five bandits. It feels like I'm beating the same poor sods into bloody pulps time and time again. (Actually, it would be immensely funny if the game could indicate that that was indeed the case, but it would probably be far too silly for most people. At the very last encounter they should turn blue, throw all their gear to the ground and go off to start a bakery or something.)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I wouldn't mind the "getting surrounded by a whole mess of bandits" encounter that is emblematic of BG1.

But what's really missing is the whole "Your GP or your HP" dialogue. I mean, you'd think they would rather just get your gold and magic items from you, instead of risking injury and death by trying to kill you outright.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Bandits placed more strategically when making their ambushes in the back alleys of Athkatla might be an idea, making them less vulnerable to multi-AoE attacks from the party. And maybe their numbers and gear could be... somewhat less static. Better still to make the encounters even more varied with some added dialogue here and there. That would be an enhancement.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    @Bhaaldog That indeed is a fine suggestion. It would be nice to see interesting stuff happening around(like merchants and friendly dragons as you suggested). It will make the game even more lively, I think. Thumbs up.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Bhaaldog said:

rival group of adventurers led by another Bhaalspawn

Do like this one!
    More ideas:
    - Group of drow's scouts\spies (For high levels)
    - Conan the Barbarian, Subotai the Thief, Akiro the Wizard
    - Group of Necromancers who would like to purchase (2000 gp for each!) virgins from Charname's team for their rituals. They can also offer some participation if PC is evil mage.
    - The Nameless One wondering through the wilds.. Perhaps he will attack the group, after that he will be slain (of course!) and then he will stand up, ask some questions (where am I? ....) and walk away \ teleport him self..
    - Amazonian group :D
    [Deleted User]Vnavekul[Deleted User][Deleted User]