Skip to content

What Alignment or alignments are you based on the D&D alignment system and which am i?

Comments

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Well, convenient or common sense. Either way, it does not really make you Lawful just by following them (although you might be one anyway, I don't know).
    Djimmy
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    Chaotic Good
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I follow laws because I believe a system is neccessary, and generally prefer structure over chaos. I wouldn't do well in a region without a stable government where essential things can change easily, depending on the mood of who is power. Simply following laws, no, that doesn't make lawful. But following them because you believe in their neccessity does. And I do believe that when it comes down to it, most people do and prefer stability over sudden changes of essential rights or services provided by a stable government. Big picture-wise, they are therefore lawful.
    On a personal level, that is probably less common, otherwise no-one would want to run a company as opposed to work for one in a stable position. A society wouldn't function without people who provide/manufacture the needed goods, after all. I appreciate the existance of a system/goverment that makes it possible for people to build up an existance. A political system that can change over night, or within a few months, does not provide the enviroment needed for a stable economy.
    MortiannaWiggles
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    edited January 2013
    Laws have no effect on moral compass they are only in place to tax the masses, people act without thought of law until police are in sight, and is only acknowledged upon conviction innocent or guilty . The cause for crime is necessity the cause for law corruption and greed.

The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule. - Samuel Adams

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. - Julius Caesar
    Post edited by Chaotic_Good on
    I think it is human nature to want leadership and structure. Early cultures and tribes have leaders. Of course, many strive to *be* leaders, but that doesn't change the acceptance of the idea of leadership. There is also a big difference between rebelling against an oppressive government and not wanting a government at all. The former is rebelling against an unjust system or an individual in power. People who would do that aren't neccessarily "chaotic" in the sense that they don't want anyone to rule; they just want someone who does a better job at it.
    Mortianna
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    I agree it is in the nature of most to want to be lead, but "Freedom is the only law which genius knows." -James Russell Lowell. I believe men are fit enough to lead themselves through this the only oppression ever felt is by ones own hand. Lawful good keeps morality as its arbiter and lawful evil profit; law itself I see as oppression it is wielded with a cold hand rather than a warm heart. It is said justice is blind is it wise to give a weapon that hinders life to someone without sight.

There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time. - Napoleon Bonaparte
    Concerning laws, I'd like to point out that even Chaotic societies, such as the drow, have some.
    Are drow, by definition, chaotic? Or just evil? I thought it's just evil.
    Both. Apart from some particular exceptions, the drow generally lean towards Chaotic Evil. This does not stop them from having laws, rules, and hierarchy.
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    edited October 2014
    It is not "human nature" (an idea itself that can be debated to even exist) to want to lead. One only needs to at look at the many hunter gatherer tribes and 'Gift cultures,' to see where this is evident. In many of these cases, societies were managed as a community, where no one member had more power or 'leadership' over the other. In some cases, the mere attempt to make oneself leader, would result in punishment or perhaps even banishment.

In instances where it appears to be "human nature" that man wants to lead, in actuality it is "human behavior" and it usually results in the absence of needs not being properly met - like in our current society, where fear and scarcity play a big part in dictating the behavior of its citizens. This results in an emotional response in people where they think they could do a better job, or feel the desire to elect a different leader who they believe can better meet the needs of peoples (and themselves) or similar mindsets.

In a society where people's everyday needs are met, and abundancy and sustainability are driving factors behind a society, leadership is typically not needed or desired. Using the scientific method for social concern is a good example of this, where decisions in a society would be arrived at (like in science) rather than made or decided upon based on popular opinion or votes.

It comes down to human nature vs human behavior - If a need for leadership is human nature, that means it is an ingrained quality and cannot be avoided - it may even be instinctual, and since history has shown this to not be the case, that leaves the only other option - human behavior, which can be changed and even predicted.
    Post edited by H0RSE on
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    I'm somewhere around chaotic good. Enlightened self-interest means being smart enough to know that long term, the most effective way to take care of yourself, is usually to be a good person (unless you are a sociopath, then the best thing for you to take care of yourself is for you to go into politics).
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I've taken the neat little tests and always come up as true neutral.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited January 2013
    @bbman1000, it sounds to me from what you say about yourself that you just follow your impulses and do whatever feels good without any regard at all to whether you might be hurting another person.

That meets my definition of "Chaotic Evil" to a tee.

If you have any lines at all that you won't cross as far as not hurting another person if whatever you feel like doing would cause harm, then you might be redeemable to "Chaotic Neutral".

But my vote is that you're Chaotic Evil. You're the classic example of it. I hope I never meet you in real life.

EDIT: I don't think the OP gives a rat's behind what anybody else thinks their own alignment might be. She wants to know what you think SHE is. It's all about her.
    JalilyMortianna

EDIT: I don't think the OP gives a rat's behind what anybody else thinks their own alignment might be. She wants to know what you think SHE is. It's all about her.

So she is like Anomen? Lawful good then.

• EDIT: I don't think the OP gives a rat's behind what anybody else thinks their own alignment might be. She wants to know what you think SHE is. It's all about her.

So she is like Anomen? Lawful good then.

Lawful Good? LOL what a maroon!
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    bbman1000 said:

Lawful Good? LOL what a maroon!

For those who don't know:

"Maroons (from the Spanish word cimarrón: "fugitive, runaway", lit. "living on mountaintops"; from Spanish cima: "top, summit") were runaway slaves in the West Indies, Central America, South America, and North America, who formed independent settlements together. The same designation has also become a derivation for the verb "to maroon"." [From Wikipedia]

Quite interesting.
    ChowKidCarnival
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited January 2013
    I guess I'm either Chaotic Good or True Neutral. I'm definitely prosocial, although I'm not altruistic. I value order, rules, and convention (law) but I tend to look for the outside-of-the-box solution. I value a balanced thought process, i.e., which for me is driven by a goal to see the biggest picture possible. So I see strong elements of both CG and TN.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

@bbman1000, it sounds to me from what you say about yourself that you just follow your impulses and do whatever feels good without any regard at all to whether you might be hurting another person.

That meets my definition of "Chaotic Evil" to a tee.

If you have any lines at all that you won't cross as far as not hurting another person if whatever you feel like doing would cause harm, then you might be redeemable to "Chaotic Neutral".

But my vote is that you're Chaotic Evil. You're the classic example of it. I hope I never meet you in real life.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :D
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited May 2013
    Interesting POV
  • TMI, and I'm lawful evil.

OPPRESSIVE COMMUNIST/ELITIST STOP DENYING ME, GIVE ME AN ALIGNMENT PLACEMENT NOW!!!!
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    I am obviously of the True Lawful alignment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Samus said:

I thought @God would be true neutral...

And some even think I am Good.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    probably neutral something
    bbman1000 said:

TMI, and I'm lawful evil.

OPPRESSIVE COMMUNIST/ELITIST STOP DENYING ME, GIVE ME AN ALIGNMENT PLACEMENT NOW!!!!
    Your alignment is: 12

My pleasure.

edited June 2013

bbman1000 said:

TMI, and I'm lawful evil.

edited June 2013

edited June 2013
    God said:

I am obviously of the True Lawful alignment.

edited June 2013
    /
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    edited May 2013
    I'd say you're a true neutral. Looking out for yourself but you don't want to hurt or make anyone else uncomfortable. You also from what you've told us won't do much without someone else suggesting it first.
    A chaotic neutral like myself does whatever strikes them at the time. I've stolen the tires off of a friends car for Shits and Giggles as well as given an entire meal to a homeless man while visiting New York. Inconsistency is key for chaotic neutral. The only reason don't do half the stuff I think of is because I don't want to get arrested.
    You aren't neutral good because you don't seem to intrinsically follow societies standard moral code E.g. cheating with your friend.
    You aren't chaotic or neutral evil because you stopped in the act when your friend asked you to. An evil would have kept going despite his change of heart.
    [Deleted User]lolien