Skip to content

Movie Madness

kavakekavake Member Posts: 17
edited January 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
I have a problem with the opening movie. for sound I get only static. I can hear the voices only as back ground whispers. Also I not sure but I think that the movie maybe skipping in places. Also I have to watch the intro movie over and over every time I sigh into the game to play it. That has really gotten Old and is a bit nerve raking. I thought I saw some where about something being done to modify the intro movie. But I do Not know what it was. Could that be what's causing these problems? When I finally get to the game loading screen everything works fine. I noticed that a lot of other movies have a spot to click on to skip the movies. I was hoping that y'all would do the same thing for the intro movie. I have just the mother board for sound and graphics. I have not modified the program in any way. I don't know how to do so any way. Sorry for being so long winded but I learned a long to ago to put as much info into a posting as possible to try and answer as many questions about the problem as I could. I have downloaded the new update and read what was posted as modified content. But this was not mentioned as part of the upgrades. I really hope you will add a pass or skip ability to the intro movie. Its become a real headache every time I sign in to play. TY for your time.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You can click anywhere to skip the movies.

Don't know about the sound problem—moving this to Windows support.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    What kind of sound card do you have?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Jalily said:

You can click anywhere to skip the movies.

Don't know about the sound problem—moving this to Windows support.

@Jalily do you know of any reason why clicking may not work to skip movies? Because I've tried right-clicking, left-clicking, hitting ESC, Enter, spacebar, all to no avail. It's especially annoying because my movies stutter horribly (intel graphics chipset), so being forced to watch them becomes a real chore.
    That's a new one - what kind of mouse do you have? Is it a trackpad, external?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @Cerevant External. It's just a basic Logitech USB mouse. I just realized that it only happens with some videos. For instance, I can't skip the Friendly Arm Inn cinematic, but I can skip the one that plays when you enter Baldur's Gate for the first time.
    I'll give it a test when I get home - I have a couple different machines to test it on.
    TJ_Hooker
    I've reproduced this issue and submitted it to the bug tracker.
    TJ_Hooker
  • kavakekavake Member Posts: 17
    I'm still learning how to use the forums ect... The good news is after reading what was posted here by Jalily and others I loaded game and when intro movie started I left clicked and it skipped the intro movie and went to the starting screen. Before that I pushed every key on my keyboard and nothing made intro movie go away. But when I left clicked it went bye-bye. I'm using a Logitec Track Ball. they seem to last longer than a mouse to me. Plus I don't have to go out and buy mouse pads every 6-8 months. Now I'm going to try it on the Pits and see what happens. Hope it goes away also.
  • kavakekavake Member Posts: 17
    Yes, it worked on that also. Talk about getting rid of some head aches. Thanks folks.