Skip to content

Drizzt killed SOLO in 10 seconds (no hacks, mods, summons, cheats or cheese)

Comments

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    I wasn't aiming to impress. My point was almost anything could be considered OP if used against the standard of killing Drizzt.
    SirK8Quartz
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

I'd be more impressed if you killed Shandalar. I haven't tried it with Special Traps but I cannot kill him with normal traps or my typical strategies.

Wand of Paralyzation or Stupifier.
    QuartzProdigy
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Using Protection from Evil which shouldn't stack and shouldn't be usable agaisnt other alignments seems pretty cheesy.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302

I'd be more impressed if you killed Shandalar. I haven't tried it with Special Traps but I cannot kill him with normal traps or my typical strategies.

Wand of Paralysis.

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Fardragon said:

Yes, people have learned bad things from modern games.

And they won't learn any better without a bit of ridicule... ;)

If it's what they like and consider fun, well, let them be. As long as I don't have to play with them in multiplayer, I don't care. Not that it doesn't make me chuckle sometimes to wonder how much time and thought they must have wasted on that one fight, instead of doing quests I consider fun, but to each their own.

Shandalar... I did kill him. But it was quite cheesy; mixing the "magic missile to death" strategy with 2 poisoned weapons, poison arrows and a damn lot invisibility spells/potions. Took 4 attempts and is nothing to brag with. Plus Shandalar is a very legit target from a roleplay view; everyone has reason to be pissed after he sends you to a prison island for a stupid cloak worth 15 gold (and Officer Vai wouldn't buy it anyway, nor any of the stores offering 5 gold). I think that alone makes him a less prestigous kill, simply because more people try and eventually succeed, statistically.

edited January 2013
    Fardragon said:

It's probably easier to say what it isn't. And what it isn't is a comptition to impress other people. Especially in a single player openly moddable game like BG, where you are effectively your own Dungeon Master. You are as free to make it as easy or as difficult as you like so any "achievement" is measured solely against goals you set and ajudicate yourself, and isn't going to impress anyone else. Thus, "balance" is meaningless. If you think it is to easy you can easily make it more difficult.

This is a point of view like many others.

Nothing new: there are people that play for the pleasure of roleplaying their chars and the interactions with the npcs, others for the challanges that the game can offer them and even others that simply enjoy to powerplay.

One of the best aspects of Baldur's Gate is its ductility.

So yeah, since I particularly love the tactical part of the game, I like to face challanges that for most of the players are considered too hard.

But at the same time I can understand your opinions, so I'm not impressed you're not impressed ;)
  • satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2013
    I just posted this because everyone was talking about how i hacked the game to kill drizzt prior to this thread with my lvl 11 weredruid. Just wanted to show that its possible to beat him in a real 1 vs 1 mele fight without hacks, mods, cheats, summons, cheese or traps.

Yes i used like 1 minute to get all my buffs on but the fight itself lasted only about 10 seconds before Drizzt was dead. I did not do this fight for his items, i did it because i wanted to see if i could do it.

And yes there are probably many people who have killed him in a duel 1 vs 1 before, this game is like 16 years old...

I have had TONS of harder boss fights than Drizzt since my RPG career started in 1991 with Darksun if i remember correctly.
    griever0483
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    satyrion said:

I have had TONS of harder boss fights than Drizzt since my RPG career started in 1991 with Darksun if i remember correctly.

RPG career ?

Oh God... Why ?
    Quartz

satyrion said:

RPG career ?

Oh God... Why ?
    there is no god and becaue i can

HowieNifft
  • HowieHowie Member Posts: 136
    good, I was afraid you were giving Overhaul any idea about "balancing" the game. If it's all about your epeen, good for you, bravo you are the best hardcore gamer ever in existence. I give you all the likes and positive feedbacks I can think of, good job!
    TJ_Hooker
    Howie said:

good, I was afraid you were giving Overhaul any idea about "balancing" the game. If it's all about your epeen, good for you, bravo you are the best hardcore gamer ever in existence. I give you all the likes and positive feedbacks I can think of, good job!

thanks son
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    @SpaceInvader

Nice, but that's a waste of resources. You need only 3 spells, no potions, no items.

Fenghoang
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    But you have modded the game. By removing the XP cap you are playing a character considered illegal by BG, no wonder you're sweeping the map clean.
    How is this kid not getting this?
    lolien
    edited January 2013
    Splod said:

But you have modded the game. By removing the XP cap you are playing a character considered illegal by BG, no wonder you're sweeping the map clean.
    How is this kid not getting this?

Nope, level 8 90000 XP (XP Cap =161000)

And this is Level 9: www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0AUgDd1F5o
    edited January 2013
    @DarKelP yes, it was my first attempt with Sorc :)
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • MingMing Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Is it me, or is the simplest way to kill Drizzt with wand of paralyzation? Killed him without any buffs with my level 6 party just half an hour ago on my first attempt to even engage the "legendary" drow.
    Also, new here, so I apologize if this method was already mentioned in some other thread.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Ming said:

Is it me, or is the simplest way to kill Drizzt with wand of paralyzation? Killed him without any buffs with my level 6 party just half an hour ago on my first attempt to even engage the "legendary" drow.
    Also, new here, so I apologize if this method was already mentioned in some other thread.

Is the wand not affected my Drizzt's magic resistance (which I think is 90+%)?
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited January 2013
    TJ_Hooker said:

Ming said:

I previously tested it with the wand of paralyzation and 50+ attempts met with 50+ consecutive failures. The wand has a 1 or 2% chance of penetrating the resistance and then he is a prohibitive favorite to save against the attack when it does get through.

It is viable but requires real luck or lots of reloading to make it work unless an update has made it now bypass his magic resistance.
    TJ_HookerSpaceInvader
  • MingMing Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    @ TJ_Hooker

It is. But I had two charges left, said 'what the heck', shot him once, nothing, shot him second time, he was paralyzed and then just beaten him to death, which was quite appropriate since my Female Blackguard Charname is Chaotic Evil :)

Also, thank you Edwin for making the paralyze attempt possible.
    TJ_Hooker said:

Ming said:

That is a bug then.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Quartz said:

I mean I don't think I could come up with worse responses if I *tried.*

Peanut Avocado.
    TJ_HookerFlashburnAristilliuslolien
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Watch out guys, we have a badass over here.

QuartzErgDebaser
    Quartz said:

satyrion said:

satyrion said:

RPG career ?

Oh God... Why ?
    there is no god and becaue i can

I'm not sure whether two people liked this post out of humor because of how completely inane it is, or because they actually think he's got a good point. "Oh god." "there is no god." "why?" "because I can." I mean I don't think I could come up with worse responses if I *tried.*
    Or maybe because its the ultimate response to the question
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    'Because I can' is not an acceptable answer to any question.
    QuartzErglolien
    Splod said:

Than we shall agree to disagree upon this thought.

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    satyrion said:

Splod said:

It wasn't acceptable because it wasn't.

So... either it isn't acceptable, or "because" isn't good enough to make my statement so, which would then make your original statement not good enough.

Either way. Take your pick.
    Quartz
    moopy said:

satyrion said:

Splod said:

It wasn't acceptable because it wasn't.

So... either it isn't acceptable, or "because" isn't good enough to make my statement so, which would then make your original statement not good enough.

Either way. Take your pick.
    I shall choose the opposite pick of what you choose, good day sir!