Skip to content

Officer Vai did not appear.

Hello,
I'm at the point when Officer Vai should appear in Jovial Juggler. I even had the girl in the street appear to tell me about Vai. But she's not there. If it's any help I'm using a multiplayer save changed to single player so I could make two custom chars. I'm also experiencing a weird bug where the cart wheel for map travel doesn't appear. None of these happened while playing a normal single player game.

Comments

• sonnyboysonnyboy Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    Hello there,

First of all sorry for my english, it's not my born language but I'll do my best to be as clear as possible.

Current issue :

I am stuck in the story, Everything went fine until when I had to meet the Officer Vai. She is missing and Cloe's too.
    I didn't want to make it a big deal so I kept on going further knowing I wouldn't be able to sell the bandit scalp to her.
    I killed the mage ( tranzig ? ) at Beregost's inn, I finished the bandit camp and killed the mage deep into the mine after cloakwood and there were no key for the destruction of the mine. Yet still I achieved chapter 5 and the game told me to go to Baldur's gate.

No officer vai and cloe still ... It's weird or is it me ?

My idea of where it went wrong :

I noticed a bug where you can, if you click twice fast, initiate two dialog with a person. I did it with the Nashkel mayor. I had the first dialog where he thanks me fine and then an other one started after the first one. I answered exacly the same and he thanks me again ( no double experience / gold gain ) but still it happened.

I am clueless about what I should do.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DrexxikDrexxik Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the heads up. As for the officer Vai problem I have travelled directly to the bandit camp without talking to her which started chapter 4. She should still be there untill the the death of Davaeron tho if i remember correctly.
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    Is it possible you didn't read the letters?(i doubt this one, I think events trigger upon pick up now) or did the little girl tell you she was in the inn waiting for you?
  • DrexxikDrexxik Member Posts: 18
    The girl told me Vai wants to speak with me I even have it as an entry in the journal.
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    So much for me being helpful lol :D Clearly somethings wrong.
    Drexxik
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    The script to spawn Vai is pretty straightforward: is it chapter 3, she doesn't already exist, she hasn't been killed. She'll even re-spawn if she hasn't been killed.

Can you post a save game?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    She didn't appear in my game too (nor in chapter 3, nor in chapter 4). I need someone to sell bandit scalps to for a high price!)
    Do you have a saved game you can post somewhere?
  • TogglebottomTogglebottom Member Posts: 17
    This happened to me as well. Just demolished the bandit camp and went back to sell some scalps... no Officer Vai. The little messenger girl never appeared, now that I think of it, and I've spent a lot of time in Beregost. I'm quite sure I read every letter; positive I at least looted them.

What do I need to do to post a saved game? Attach the BALDUR.SAV file from the appropriate folder?
    Zip up the folder for the specific save game you want to send.
    edited February 2013
    *deleted*
    Post edited by Togglebottom on
    It looks like you didn't go to the Jovial Juggler during chapter 3, so she was never spawned. Is that possible?
    It's certainly possible. But the messenger should have approached me coming back from Nashkel to confront Tranzig. Otherwise how would a new player know they are supposed to go to the Juggler to meet Vai? I never got the messenger.
  • berninicaco3berninicaco3 Member Posts: 15
    I seem to have the same concern. I got the messenger, but forgot about it, and started chapter 4 without having visited her ever. Now, she's not there. How can I use the console to force her to spawn? I am NOT losing hours of gameplay by going back to a chapter 3 save just to meet with her.
    nevermind! CLUAConsole:CreateCreature('vai') :)
    edited January 2013
    hmm, sold all my scalps.
    Never, of course, got the mission to go to the bandit camp from her (as it was already done)... don't need the reputation point, how much xp and how nice a shield did I miss out of?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Only a reputation point. No XP and no shield as far as I know.
    OK, I started a new game and got the messenger this time. Had to walk up to the smithy to find her. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought she approached you as soon as you arrived in Beregost from Nashkel (by the Jovial Juggler) in the original game. Don't remember having to look for her. Either way, not a big deal. Problem solved.
  • forbjokforbjok Member Posts: 31
    IIRC she is supposed to appear inside the inn after defeating Mulahey in the Nashkel mines. I'm pretty sure she did for me. I do however seem to recall from past experience with the original game that if you don't talk to her early on in the game, if you progress past a certain point she will no longer appear even though if you had talked to her earlier, she would remain at the inn for the rest of the game.

Talking to the little girl is not necessary to trigger Vai spawning - I've even run into the little girl telling me to go see her after having spoken to Vai herself. (this was probably in the original game though, and not EE, but I can't imagine why they would have changed it)
    Cerevant
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Cluaconsoled Vai, got the quest, sold the scalps, triggered the end of the quest, got the reputation point. Piece of cake.
  • JonMarcJonMarc Member Posts: 17
    I have the same problem. Just returned from the bandit camp and no Vai. I have spoken to the little girl and spoken to, and sold scalps to, Vai previously. I have a save game if it is any help. I have had this glitch on a couple of playthroughs now.
    @JonMarc Yes, post the save game, and we'll have a look.
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    i am in chapter 4 of my second playthrough and vai didn't appear in both of them... why does that happen lately?
  • avocadoavocado Member Posts: 24
    From what I can gather, as the same thing happened to me, it seems that she only appears if triggered in chapter 3. As in, she can spawn in 3 and carry over to 4, but she won't spawn in 4.
    (and here I was trying to not use the console...)
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    edited January 2014
    yeah had to use the console aswell... :( but i have no problem with using the console to fix bugs
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Metalloman you don't need what this cheater is selling right? ^